Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wham wholly supported by tax/London rates payer, through ridiculously low rent, so stadium might be trying to claw some money back.

Exactly...... Maybe if they paid proper rent then the stadium management wouldn't deem it necessary to squeeze so hard on the bar prices.

Last edited:
Exactly...... Maybe if they paid proper rent then the stadium management wouldn't see it necessary to squeeze so hard on the bar prices.
They weren't satisfied with their ridiculous deal either. They sued the stadium owner multiple times to get them to pay for various things.

IIRC, there was a dispute cos the owner refused to pay for Sky on the TVs in the stadium.

I think if i remember rightly, Levy had something to do with this and is the biggest reason why they can't do anything about it going forward.
When Levy lost the bid 12-0 because "there was no running track" in his plan, he rightly went berserk. A certain Mr. Boris Johnson had asked him to bid, having made it clear that the running track was NOT mandatory after all.

Didn't Levy get a bung from Bunter? Levy also ensured that the running track had to be in situ for 100 years. Think I remember it right.

Levy obv a detail man. Bunter less so.

wonder if they sell binoculars with the drinks

Or alternatively bring your own beer in your bins?

th.jpg

Thanks for finding the report and posting

It is as you say damming.

It shows a trail of incompetent decision making leading to the inevitable loss making situation the stadium is today despite spending some £323m on transformation cost. Over the lifetime of the stadium (say 30 years at £20m pa losses) I'd guess the public purse will lose the thick end of £1 billion..... and with Wham occupying the stadium as they wish the chances of getting any significant income from a 2nd regular tenant is not high, might be possible to get one or two athletic events each year (but spectator numbers maybe only 20k for some events so no high rents) and chances of a naming rights deal based upon West Ham - challenging to think of more than a couple of million a year ? So £10 per pint and £10 per pie sold seems a bargain to try to claw back some of the advantages Wham have from a far too low rent - just a shame it comes from fans not the owners who have milked the system.

Yeah reading it, Levy really screwed them over and forced Boris to pressure Haringey on our application

I remember really going down the rabbit hole on it all at the time. We were fucked over by Johnson in that he got us to bid when we had no chance of winning. But Johnson being Johnson he was easy to manipulate and Levy got money out of him (£8m?). There was then something to do with English Heritage that we used Johnson to get over the line too with the listed buildings, but I cant remember exactly what that was (or whether he was helpful or not).

Levy's revenge on him and west ham was the 99 year running track lease. Without that, they'd have built a new stadium by now or at least got planning and would have used that to sell the club at a higher value. It also played into the Dildo Bros having to sign an agreement not to sell the club until 2023 or something along those lines. That's all off the top of my head though, there is more detail in there obviously. Despite Miss Piggy saying they wouldn't dismantle the stadium "in the Queen's name" or some such bollocks.

I remember really going down the rabbit hole on it all at the time. We were fucked over by Johnson in that he got us to bid when we had no chance of winning. But Johnson being Johnson he was easy to manipulate and Levy got money out of him (£8m?). There was then something to do with English Heritage that we used Johnson to get over the line too with the listed buildings, but I cant remember exactly what that was (or whether he was helpful or not).

Levy's revenge on him and west ham was the 99 year running track lease. Without that, they'd have built a new stadium by now or at least got planning and would have used that to sell the club at a higher value. It also played into the Dildo Bros having to sign an agreement not to sell the club until 2023 or something along those lines. That's all off the top of my head though, there is more detail in there obviously. Despite Miss Piggy saying they wouldn't dismantle the stadium "in the Queen's name" or some such bollocks.

Attached to that really ought to have been a clause where the lease agreement would have to be renegotiated with any new owner.

Getting financially outmuscled by Forest is hilarious

Hehehe....

That's one way to look at it, but they're too dumb to realise that they still got the better end of the deal.

Signing for Forest for just a 1 year deal, only serves to confirm that Lingard's concerns aren't about being a successful football player.

I just turned on the Forest Spam game and they scored in 5 seconds.

Good start to the footie day.

EDIT: I just found out Lingard turned down Spam in favour of Forest! :*D fucking briliant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom