Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soucek out of the game against us for violent conduct sending off.
Blatant elbow today but I bet it gets over turned?
Don’t think it can be appealed after VAR. Ref saw it and made a call in line with the rules. Moan all they like. He should feel fortunate that it was not worse in terms of injuring the player. An appeal needs to show a clear and obvious error. That can’t be the case. The ref asked VAR to check the contact. They recommended he check the monitor and the ref then sent him off. What’s a clear error there ?

Watched the whole game. Fulham were much the better team. West Ham just a set piece team. Big, strong and that’s about it.

Last edited:
and i
Well one got kicked in the balls today and no red
There is a fair argument itt should have been. it was, IMO,no dofferent to what Son did agaonst the chavs last year.

but that aint the point....if last nights thing had been against us. I would have expected a red. as would most of us

and i

There is a fair argument itt should have been. it was, IMO,no dofferent to what Son did agaonst the chavs last year.

but that aint the point....if last nights thing had been against us. I would have expected a red. as would most of us
I would have been very surprised. His arm came up up and he accidently caught mitrovic who went to ground like a big baby. Then got up and said it wasnt red.

I would have been very surprised. His arm came up up and he accidently caught mitrovic who went to ground like a big baby. Then got up and said it wasnt red.
Alot of red card tackles are accidental but that doesn't mean they are not a sending off offence.
He undoubtedly didn't mean to elbow him in the face but he raised his elbows and DID catch him in the face.
That's why he was sent off. ridiculous but the rules.

Alot of red card tackles are accidental but that doesn't mean they are not a sending off offence.
He undoubtedly didn't mean to elbow him in the face but he raised his elbows and DID catch him in the face.
That's why he was sent off. ridiculous but the rules.

You have just argued against yourself there (and actually showed total lack of knowledge of the laws of the game)

Violent conduct CANNOT be a red card unless it was intentional. That is stated in the laws.
And the law is specific otherwise they would have to send off players for accidentally running into another.

It is not the same offence as serious foul play which is whilst challenging for the ball, and intent is not as relevant as action.

Serous foul play is when challenging for the ball, violent conduct is when not.

Will 100% get overturned, as you have rightly said it was accidental, and therefore totally wrong in law to send off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom