Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are 5p off top 4 with 2 games in hand. Wins against Brentford and Norwich (with scum dropping points against United) and we leapfrog them to go 4th come Monday,

This can't be right.... I just read from one of 'us' that 9th place is an embarrassment.

🤡

Couldn't beat an injury-ravaged Brighton at home who even went down to 10 men. they've never beaten Bright in the PL.

We are 5p off top 4 with 2 games in hand. Wins against Brentford and Norwich (with scum dropping points against United) and we leapfrog them to go 4th come Monday,
Seems like we are perpetually in the trap of saying things like this about teams like that, would anyone really be surprised to see us only take 1, 2 or 3 points from the possible 6 and then watch Woolwich spank United into oblivion though???

Think Europe is starting to catch up with them, watched their 2nd half tonight and the likes of Antonio looked knackered.

Declan Rice is some player though, hopefully one of the big boys robs him soon and they will go back to being shit because he is so important for them.

If we can win our games in hand we actually go above this mob - based on how utterly shit we are these days found that quite surprising
:baleshock:

Seems like we are perpetually in the trap of saying things like this about teams like that, would anyone really be surprised to see us only take 1, 2 or 3 points from the possible 6 and then watch Woolwich spank United into oblivion though???
Nope.

I don't see Woolwich spanking anyone.

("teams like this = Leicester + Everton) Do you still see Leicester as a sensation? Since they won the league apparently they've been brilliant and do fantastic business in the transfer window....they've finished 12th, 9th, 9th, (5th & 5th - Thanks to the fucking dinosaur's shitness), they are now back to a team struggling with the ball and Rodgers is having to resort to hoofing it to Vardy.

West Ham could well sustain their results for the remainder of the season, just as Leicester did in '16 but the odds are they won't. They do two things well a) Defend compact and don't get drawn out of shape, very disciplined b) When they do attack, not that often, they do commit numbers. However, this is NOT done against the bigger sides (even us in our shitness they chose to attack with limited players). When the strategy is to win a corner then I don't see this as at all a sustainable way to win football matches over the long term. There has to be more to a team than this.

Nope.

I don't see Woolwich spanking anyone.

("teams like this = Leicester + Everton) Do you still see Leicester as a sensation? Since they won the league apparently they've been brilliant and do fantastic business in the transfer window....they've finished 12th, 9th, 9th, (5th & 5th - Thanks to the fucking dinosaur's shitness), they are now back to a team struggling with the ball and Rodgers is having to resort to hoofing it to Vardy.

West Ham could well sustain their results for the remainder of the season, just as Leicester did in '16 but the odds are they won't. They do two things well a) Defend compact and don't get drawn out of shape, very disciplined b) When they do attack, not that often, they do commit numbers. However, this is NOT done against the bigger sides (even us in our shitness they chose to attack with limited players). When the strategy is to win a corner then I don't see this as at all a sustainable way to win football matches over the long term. There has to be more to a team than this.
By teams like this I meant our opponents, of course we should be getting 6 points from home games against Brentford and Norwich, but totting up the expected points and assuming that others will drop points always seems to be a fools errand when it comes to us..

And besides, I didn't say that's what is likely to happen, just that it wouldn't surprise me, much like the routine hammering of Slovenian farmers turning into an embarrassing defeat to the lowest ranked team in European competitions last week didn't surprise me.

By teams like this I meant our opponents, of course we should be getting 6 points from home games against Brentford and Norwich, but totting up the expected points and assuming that others will drop points always seems to be a fools errand when it comes to us..

And besides, I didn't say that's what is likely to happen, just that it wouldn't surprise me, much like the routine hammering of Slovenian farmers turning into an embarrassing defeat to the lowest ranked team in European competitions last week didn't surprise me.
We are always more likely to get done away from home in Europe with a fully rotated side, in fact when has that ever worked? That I can expect.

The league this year is extremely competitive, we've seen most teams at the bottom give the best teams competitive games this year, I'm expecting every game we play to be hard-fought over, there's no overconfidence from me on this front. That said, I'm someone that has largely backed these players and I certainly back Conte, so I can approach the next two games with more confidence with achieving 3 points from each more than at any stage in the past 2/3 seasons.

Even if we fail to win and our performance in the game suggests that we are working towards playing as Conte wants us to then that's still a positive for me too.

This season will be a choppy ride as Conte's biggest battle is not having enough time in training to work on what he wants.

I hope he'll lose his driver's license for a while... but with some well-paid lawyer he may get off... Fast cars in the hand of reckless footballers ain't a good combination

Last edited:
I hope he'll lose his driver's license for a while... but with some well-paid lawyer he may get off... Fast cars in the hand of wreckless footballers ain't a good combination

Reckless drivers are seldom wreckless

As Mr Hause has demonstrated

Oh crap these clowns are a real problem
Oh bother, the BF is going to be smug all weekend!!

GIF by Blindspot

i cant laugh.. honestly have to admire (at the moment) actually.... how they're doing ok with their star striker blanking week in week out.... ohh hold it.....

Back
Top Bottom