Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Irish temper....
Lets Go Reaction GIF by WWE

Genuinely braindead. West Ham supporter on site today (wearing a West Ham shirt with PRICE written on the back.

“At least we’ve made it to a European Final! Bet you can’t remember the last time you were in one of them.”

Spot the mistakes in that statement…

Point for each. Bonus point if you get all of them.

The format of the competition is different from the competition we won, and like Tomo said, in those days you played the teams second and third on their leagues - so it was a harder cup to win.
So was the first division, as there were 22 teams in it.
My point was that they have done better than we have managed in THAT competition, even when we were parachuted into it from the CL.

On this board, people routinely slag off pokey fans for being obsessed with us, and then promptly copy the shite they come out with.

Strange behaviour,

You’ll note that this is the ‘laugh at west ham’ thread.

If you, and it’s obviously up to you, don’t want to laugh at those wankers, then get out and post in another thread.

Or start your own ‘let’s all empathise with west ham’ thread and see how that goes.

Foul voting any more posts of yours in this thread that aren’t anti west ham! 😉

Last edited:
Genuinely braindead. West Ham supporter on site today (wearing a West Ham shirt with PRICE written on the back.

“At least we’ve made it to a European Final! Bet you can’t remember the last time you were in one of them.”

Spot the mistakes in that statement…

Point for each. Bonus point if you get all of them.
“Contra Spurs, West Ham have reached a European final. I am willing to bet that you cannot remember when Spurs last attained this feat.”

Let’s start with grammatical accuracy before moving to factual accuracy…

You’ll note that this is the ‘laugh at west ham’ thread.

If you, and it’s obviously up to you, don’t want to laugh at those wankers, then get out and post in another thread.

Or start your own ‘let’s all empathise with west ham’ thread and see how that goes.

Foul voting any more posts of yours in this thread that aren’t anti west ham!
in virtually all of the posts I've made - I have demonstrated no allegiance to west ham, so why do you think you have to threaten me, just because I have made observations about comments made by people on here?
Have you unilaterally declared a new rule that passing comment (not judgement) on what people post is now forbidden?
For the absence of doubt, it fills me with a deep feeling of joy to see them knocked out, primarily because it will depress and annoy the caravan club membership.
The only other comment I made was that they made better progress than we have ever done, and then people jumped on me saying we had won it twice, despite it not being called the EUFA Cup any more, and the fact that it has a preliminary league format, which the thing we won never had.

west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers

Hope that's OK?

I see your point, and I think that for us the issue is that the club and the fanbase has somehow decided that these competitions are beneath us. It started when Poch was here. The league and the CL, or getting into it, was all that mattered. And that's despite a few deep cup runs. Instead it was just seen as "ego stroking".

Look at how happy the Frankfurt, Rangers and Roma fans were last night to make their respective finals. These may not be the biggest competitions anymore, but I would love to win a few.

If we had a Europa League or a cup or two from the Poch years, Kane may not have pushed as hard to leave as he did last summer, and Poch would probably have been given more time to handle the painful rebuild.

But the counter argument will always be that going deep in those competitions means risking the league form. So you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
yep, thats why I yearn for the cup format, to reduce the load

For us there was always something more important to fight for, so we took liberties with team selection and got ignominious exits for our sins. Although when we went out to the Belgian team, I'm fairly sure we played a full team, and still managed to lose (thanks Deli!)

The format of the league is also different. We won it when it was 2 points for a win.
Does that mean we can’t claim we won it?
if you want to, if it makes you happy.

west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers west ham are wankers

so what is a group stage, other than a small league?
The UEFA cup had a group stage since 2005 so that’s hardly a new change.

A league is a tournament where the winner is declared by aggregating scores throughout while a cup is a format where progression is done through eliminating stages. The fact that some stages could be similar to a league format does not make the whole a league. e.g., the World Cup has a group stage but is not a league.

in virtually all of the posts I've made - I have demonstrated no allegiance to west ham, so why do you think you have to threaten me, just because I have made observations about comments made by people on here?
Have you unilaterally declared a new rule that passing comment (not judgement) on what people post is now forbidden?
For the absence of doubt, it fills me with a deep feeling of joy to see them knocked out, primarily because it will depress and annoy the caravan club membership.
The only other comment I made was that they made better progress than we have ever done, and then people jumped on me saying we had won it twice, despite it not being called the EUFA Cup any more, and the fact that it has a preliminary league format, which the thing we won never had.

Hope that's OK?

Eh?

I’m really confused. I have in no way threatened you. Or are you referring to the jovial comment about bin voting any of your future posts in this thread that aren’t laughing at West Ham? (Newsflash - can only bin vote one!).

Please refrain from using such dramatic language. Cheers butt

yep, thats why I yearn for the cup format, to reduce the load

For us there was always something more important to fight for, so we took liberties with team selection and got ignominious exits for our sins. Although when we went out to the Belgian team, I'm fairly sure we played a full team, and still managed to lose (thanks Deli!)
My personal take is that Dele was just the encapsulation of that entire collapse. The entire team looked mentally shot since I believe that was our first serious Champions League foray with Poch. The team seemed so psyched to play CL knockout football and just couldn't handle going down to the EL.

I wonder how many of the people he can name in the three beautiful pictures you have posted. I can do ALL of them. Some of our fanbase... shocking.
seeing as I have been supporting the club since 67 I can manage most pretty comfortably
despite the bottom picture being from when I was 5, and has players in it that were no longer at the club when I started supporting them.

Back
Top Bottom