Comparing THFC versus Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At this time, this is an interesting comaprison to make. THFC and Chelsea are very similar clubs financially. Chelsea have slightly more commercial revenue, Spurs has slightly more match day. If both are in the CL, revenue is very similar.

The difference the two clubs approach the transfer market is stark, even though they have very similar resources

Levy
-Wont sell players that are obviously not good enough
-Wont fire the manager quick enough
-Managerial hirings mixed at best
-Doesnt back the manager, doesnt buy their top choices
-Doesnt buy older players
-Doesnt buy what we need, rather what is cheap
-Constant meddling in team affairs
-Rips the fans off at every opportunity
-Damages our chances of winning, sacks the manager before a final, sells players from under the manager, buys players the manager doesnt want
-Penny pinches on salaries and transfers so we often lose out on the best players
-Youth system failing. 1 top talent during his tenure. Spurs struggle to fill the home grown, and English national criteria every year

Abramovich
-Gets rid of underperforming players and managers
-If the manager doesnt perform hes out the door by November, no matter who he is
-Generally good managerial appointments
-Gets the manager players he wants, top players
-Takes opportunities to buy experienced players on frees (Thiago Silva)
-Buys positions that are needed, doesnt create squads based on cheap deals and lopsided positions filled
-Does everything he can to get the team to win (transfers, wages)
-Pays good salaries, but still within FFP. Spending has calmed down since early 2000's but Chelsea just buy smarter to make up for less money available
-Arguably best youth system in country - Mount, Abraham, Gilmour, Timouri, Jones, Huson Odoi. They also buy alot of English talent.

Trophies won Levy 1 League Cup
Trophies won by abramovich 5 league titles, 1 CL, 1 europa, 7 domestic cups,

I just hate everything about the club at the moment.
Levy - dont like the way hes runing things
Manager - dont like the way the manager never gets backed, then blamed when things go tits up. Doesnt matter who we get as manager because he will never get the players he wants or funding he deserves. Weve had progressive managers like Poch, defensive managers like Mourinho. Both were let down.
Players - above all else, I just dont like this group of players. Bar Kane, lloris and Son they are annoying and frustrating to watch. Working hard all week and spending your Saturday watching PEH, Winks and Sissoko in midfield is not my idea of fun. Ive not enjoyed us playing for a long time. In fact id go as far as saying they ruin my weekend. I literally hate this team.

So you have to ask yourself. I hate the chairman, whatever manager we get its no use. I hate the players, I hate the way we play. I hate the whole ethos of the club, to dare is too dear.

A few weeks ago I decided I am going to support chelsea. Since then I am enjoying football again. It isnt going to go down well on this forum, but so what. Its my life, I'll do as I want. We get good managers, good players. We are always comeptitive. We play good football. I advise you all to save yourselves. This club is not worth the torture. Leave it like you would a poisinous ex wife. Pick a team that you like and actually tries to win. This team will forever let you down.

Chelsea actually operates a great deal like Spurs with their chaotic inability to stick to a plan or have a coherent football philosophy. They just spend a way higher percentage of their turnover on the squad than we do.

A few weeks ago I decided I am going to support chelsea. Since then I am enjoying football again. It isnt going to go down well on this forum, but so what. Its my life, I'll do as I want. We get good managers, good players. We are always comeptitive. We play good football. I advise you all to save yourselves. This club is not worth the torture. Leave it like you would a poisinous ex wife. Pick a team that you like and actually tries to win. This team will forever let you down.
Angry Half Baked GIF

You bring up some good points, but still. What the fuck.

LOL

What a pure garbage post, from the points to the whole idea that a post talking about how some loser switched clubs and not only switched but switched to a rival because he saw them having more success.

I imagine that based on this posters history this is very much a troll post because if it were a true switch of clubs, and by the a massive LOL at your use of we when discussing Chelsea the club you started supporting yesterday, you would have just switched and not had to make a massive look at me thread on here.

Also if you think that Spurs and Chelsea are very similar clubs financially then you are an idiot or just willfully ignorant about how Roman gets his money.

LOL

What a pure garbage post, from the points to the whole idea that a post talking about how some loser switched clubs and not only switched but switched to a rival because he saw them having more success.

I imagine that based on this posters history this is very much a troll post because if it were a true switch of clubs, and by the a massive LOL at your use of we when discussing Chelsea the club you started supporting yesterday, you would have just switched and not had to make a massive look at me thread on here.

Also if you think that Spurs and Chelsea are very similar clubs financially then you are an idiot or just willfully ignorant about how Roman gets his money.
Its not about success. Its about attitude to trying to win.

If Spurs did everything they can to try to win. Id be happy. Even if we finished mid table every year.

What I wont accept is us having the resources to compete and still buying 2nd rate shite.

Even tesms like Leicester and Leeds have more ambition than we do. As have Everton. They may not be as rich as us, hench why we usually finish above. But they are much more ambitious.

I want to support a team with ambition. I dont see it at Spurs

At this time, this is an interesting comaprison to make. THFC and Chelsea are very similar clubs financially. Chelsea have slightly more commercial revenue, Spurs has slightly more match day. If both are in the CL, revenue is very similar.

The difference the two clubs approach the transfer market is stark, even though they have very similar resources

Levy
-Damages our chances of winning, sacks the manager before a final, sells players from under the manager, buys players the manager doesnt want
-Penny pinches on salaries and transfers so we often lose out on the best players
-Youth system failing. 1 top talent during his tenure. Spurs struggle to fill the home grown, and English national criteria every year

Abramovich
-If the manager doesnt perform hes out the door by November, no matter who he is
-Buys positions that are needed, doesnt create squads based on cheap deals and lopsided positions filled
-Pays good salaries, but still within FFP. Spending has calmed down since early 2000's but Chelsea just buy smarter to make up for less money available
-Arguably best youth system in country - Mount, Abraham, Gilmour, Timouri, Jones, Huson Odoi. They also buy alot of English talent.

Manager - dont like the way the manager never gets backed, then blamed when things go tits up. Doesnt matter who we get as manager because he will never get the players he wants or funding he deserves. Weve had progressive managers like Poch, defensive managers like Mourinho. Both were let down.
Players - above all else, I just dont like this group of players. Bar Kane, lloris and Son they are annoying and frustrating to watch. Working hard all week and spending your Saturday watching PEH, Winks and Sissoko in midfield is not my idea of fun. Ive not enjoyed us playing for a long time. In fact id go as far as saying they ruin my weekend. I literally hate this team.

So you have to ask yourself. I hate the chairman, whatever manager we get its no use. I hate the players, I hate the way we play. I hate the whole ethos of the club, to dare is too dear.

Utter nonsense - Chelsea spunked 80m on a keeper who now comes free with the Beano, because they have no financial requirement they just bought another one - once you understand that's how they can operate all the rest of your post is just so much Abra cock-sucking hot air ................

You're now viewed as a sad Chelsea glory hunting racist - good luck with that think we'll be OK without you.

Levy

Abramovich

Any half decent manager should expect a fair chance at winning things with Spurs, easily a top 6 side and as we know every now and then the other 5 have to go through some tough seasons too, no one teams dominates anymore like Utd once did, even City, but as you say if he doesn’t get backed in the right way he doesn’t stand a chance, from day one he’s paddling up hill.....
Just looking at the other thread on here about our transfers over the past 5 years makes me cringe, how much money has been squandered while we still cry about no money to compete against oil teams etc etc....🤦🏻
Mismanagement masterclass right there....

Utter nonsense - Chelsea spunked 80m on a keeper who now comes free with the Beano, because they have no financial requirement they just bought another one - once you understand that's how they can operate all the rest of your post is just so much Abra cock-sucking hot air ................

You're now viewed as a sad Chelsea glory hunting racist - good luck with that think we'll be OK without you.

I dont agree. Theyve made some daft purchases as have everyone. Abramovich doesnt pump in anywhere near as much as he used to.

And whatever Chelsea do. It dosnt disguise the fact that Levy is fucking up big time.

Any half decent manager should expect a fair chance at winning things with Spurs, easily a top 6 side and as we know every now and then the other 5 have to go through some tough seasons too, no one teams dominates anymore like Utd once did, even City, but as you say if he doesn’t get backed in the right way he doesn’t stand a chance, from day one he’s paddling up hill.....
Just looking at the other thread on here about our transfers over the past 5 years makes me cringe, how much money has been squandered while we still cry about no money to compete against oil teams etc etc....🤦🏻
Mismanagement masterclass right there....
We are still trying to fill exactly the same positions as last year....
Striker, cbs , cms, rb. Our transfers are a joke.

I heard levy fired mourinho because he insisted on resting players against Southampton to give us a chance in the cup final.

Its not about success. Its about attitude to trying to win.

If Spurs did everything they can to try to win. Id be happy. Even if we finished mid table every year.

What I wont accept is us having the resources to compete and still buying 2nd rate shite.

Even tesms like Leicester and Leeds have more ambition than we do. As have Everton. They may not be as rich as us, hench why we usually finish above. But they are much more ambitious.

I want to support a team with ambition. I dont see it at Spurs

LOL

How to Leeds and Everton have more ambition? They haven't spent near the money we have, haven't brought in near the quality that we have.

Its amazing that Chelsea's ambition to win has nothing to do with their owner being a criminal in one of the most corrupt countries in the world who doesn't have to follow FFP rules or normal financial practices because whenever he needs more money he can just go steal more from the Russian citizens.

I am sure if ENIC had access to that sort of money they would gladly spend the way you want them.

And if ambition is what you want and not success why would you a supposed former Spurs fan not go to Everton or Leeds that you talked up and instead go to one of their biggest rivals?

The reason I say it is a troll post is there is not one single true Spurs fan that I could ever see switching to Chelsea, especially not for some dumb reason like "ambition." Perhaps if their son or nephew signed for them they might temporarily switch but even then many would struggle.

Anyways you got the attention you were seeking from me and I have spent way more time on this nonsense than I should have. Enjoy "supporting" your new club and don't feel obligated to come back and tell us when you switch to City after their CL win this year because of the great "ambition" you saw them display in the final.

LOL

How to Leeds and Everton have more ambition? They haven't spent near the money we have, haven't brought in near the quality that we have.

Its amazing that Chelsea's ambition to win has nothing to do with their owner being a criminal in one of the most corrupt countries in the world who doesn't have to follow FFP rules or normal financial practices because whenever he needs more money he can just go steal more from the Russian citizens.

I am sure if ENIC had access to that sort of money they would gladly spend the way you want them.

And if ambition is what you want and not success why would you a supposed former Spurs fan not go to Everton or Leeds that you talked up and instead go to one of their biggest rivals?

The reason I say it is a troll post is there is not one single true Spurs fan that I could ever see switching to Chelsea, especially not for some dumb reason like "ambition." Perhaps if their son or nephew signed for them they might temporarily switch but even then many would struggle.

Anyways you got the attention you were seeking from me and I have spent way more time on this nonsense than I should have. Enjoy "supporting" your new club and don't feel obligated to come back and tell us when you switch to City after their CL win this year because of the great "ambition" you saw them display in the final.

Blame Levy

Chelsea are welcome to you. You're a toilet roll hording cunt that has long since been rejected by everyone on this forum. You make brief appearances before getting sent off again. You've posted this after coming back from your latest three month ban as an act of revenge but no one cares. You're an irrelevance.

Abramovic quietly injected a quarter of a billion two or three years ago. That’s the primary reason, I’m sure that’s happened regularly throughout his tenure

You also compare the two - Abramovic isnt involved in operational or football decisions other than certain players and manager choices. Levy controls everything

Back
Top Bottom