Conditioning Team Out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FYI, Both Pooley and Poch jnr are claiming the job title of First Team Sports Scientist at Spurs.

Not sure if this is still the case, but in 2017 this guy was the Head of Sports Science at Spurs.

In many companies it is frowned upon (or even not possible) to have family members working in senior appointments where conflicts of interest etc can arise. So better if Poch jnr moves to a different club to avoid that kind of situation arising - even if Poch jnr who has a first class degree in the subject and is academically capable of the role.

I couldn’t agree more. What next? We’ll probably find out that his mum works in the canteen and his dad is the kit man

The dippers seem to trot out the same team weekly. We can't even buy a player without 3 months of hill sprints before he starts.

During the matches we look tired and leggy (Kane for example) from the start. Maybe that is when the players are getting their rest. During the match. :D

Most of the players at Liverpool have been playing under Klopp for 2 to 3 years so they are still able to produce that intensity and work rate that blows teams away. However it won't last much longer if they don't start rotating and they will begin to suffer like Spurs under Poch did after 3 to 4 seasons. It happened at Dortmund when Klopp was there. It's as much mental burnout as it is physical.

Liverpool also seem to win more games early where they are then able to coast and the other team somewhat gives up. (Apart from lately when they have been having close games). To me it’s clear as day a lot of our injuries are caused by asking too much of players bodies. Even some of Kane’s injuries that are impact (which sounds strange until you research it). The two new signings we caused muscle fatigue injuries, especially Ndombele. However part of that is on him, he was clearly not fit and overweight when he signed.

Conditioning is 50% of the game. Players become cowards when they’re tired.

I am not sure why anyone would complain about making sure the players are at the highest levels of conditioning.

If someone is injured then they need to recover appropriately before trying to maximize their conditioning.

Well he’s not the head of sports science at all.

A qualified Dr is and has been for quite some time. A quick google will tell you that. The guy who saved that Bolton player.

Pochetinno junior is clearly learning his trade.

Amazing people don’t just do a bit of their own research. Rather than just trusting what they read or guess.

Well he’s not the head of sports science at all.

A qualified Dr is and has been for quite some time. A quick google will tell you that. The guy who saved that Bolton player.

Pochetinno junior is clearly learning his trade.

Amazing people don’t just do a bit of their own research. Rather than just trusting what they read or guess.
Poch Jnr is the First Team Sport Scientist.

A commentator on the Bournemouth game (don't know who - british) said he talked to backroom staff before the game who informed him that the team has trained substantially less after Jose came in because of overtraining issues.

I agree with all of this thread. Poch was killing the players. Even a natural athlete like Dele was looking lethargic. (I remember reading that he broke long distance running records at Milton Keynes).
Another beneficiary of a lighter training regime will be Harry Kane. I'm sure of it.

Back
Top Bottom