Conditioning Team Out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the main problem is that the players can’t be arsed anymore. They’ve done it for five years and run their bollocks off. They want to move away and earn more money doing less.

What happens? And can it be remedied?

For what happens google "overtraining" - but most of what you find will only be about short term consequences and strategies. If you keep pushing the boundaries with already overtrained individuals you get a non-performing, depressed and frequently sick and injured athlete who longs for the day he can quit sport.

For what happens google "overtraining" - but most of what you find will only be about short term consequences and strategies. If you keep pushing the boundaries with already overtrained individuals you get a non-performing, depressed and frequently sick and injured athlete who longs for the day he can quit sport.
Sounds like Tottenham Hotspur.

He got that gig in the summer of 2017. It's frightening stuff.

Wonder if dad lets him have his own logon yet...

22 now, so he was at best just turned 21 and head of sports science at one of the worlds biggest sports brands...

Bless him :)

Seeing as Jesus Perez' background is in fitness, how could they be this stupid?

To be fair it's worked brilliantly, but they have never been in a 5year+ cycle, have they? Who knows why the squad wasn't cycled enough to avert this, but if you are left with a fatigue (residue) riddled squad, then you play the hand you have, not doing so on £8M a year is bizarre to say the least.

Not sure, but I suspect they know what it does, but can't reshape themselves and adapt. It's soo sad, as I loved Poch, but since February he/they have lost it (it was the break before Burnley I am certain, when he pushed them collectively too far, not won away since, no collective crowd qi to pull them through).

Madness, isn't it?

To be fair it's worked brilliantly, but they have never been in a 5year+ cycle, have they? Who knows why the squad wasn't cycled enough to avert this, but if you are left with a fatigue (residue) riddled squad, then you play the hand you have, not doing so on £8M a year is bizarre to say the least.

Not sure, but I suspect they know what it does, but can't reshape themselves and adapt. It's soo sad, as I loved Poch, but since February he/they have lost it (it was the break before Burnley I am certain, when he pushed them collectively too far, not won away since, no collective crowd qi to pull them through).

Madness, isn't it?
I thought we were shite nearly all of last season. We scraped so many wins leading up the end of the calendar year-I couldn't understand how we were managing it.

The dippers seem to trot out the same team weekly. We can't even buy a player without 3 months of hill sprints before he starts.

During the matches we look tired and leggy (Kane for example) from the start. Maybe that is when the players are getting their rest. During the match. :D

I have a friend who works with the fitness team at the club and he told me the reason we train like this and injure all our players is because we didn’t sign Zaha in 2018

Believe what you want

No poll??
grahampoll_wideweb__470x3260.jpg

Happy now?

What the earlier posted said about Rose got me thinking.

This is the age of Depression, sadly the numbers are skyrocketing.

In times of stress your brain is prone to running low on Magnesium, if you see his performances, were they not very similar to Luke Shaw, both in the early days embraced fully (Rose gushed about being shown videos and improved, he clearly connected and gave everything). Luke Shaw paid by breaking his leg (classic overtraining - probably running on simple sugars which highly deplete Calciums just as your body need an avalanche to sustain itself with the rigours of daily intensity styled schedules) - Bang.

Rose's manifested in depression, as the prolonged exertions depleted his already low Magnesium profile (ability to convert through Carbonic, it's key in this dynamic IMO). You can easily find the government showing simple sugars in diet = susceptibility to mental illnes (link below), couple that with low Magnesium and that means a world of trouble.

As Bjorn Synnes brought up about overtraining leading to a desire to quit, he then hates the profession, over Racism says he'll be glad when playing is over, showing his brain is inflamed (he is a no greens type of guy, I've no doubt, hardly any in his diet, probably Omega3 also).

He should be on daily Epsom Salts baths, sips of Milk of Magnesia (bizarre, but he is spitting bile... figurately and literally), swig fresh flax oil or blended with quark, these type of things are shown conclusively to help his situational profile.

Plus if he's partial to simple sugars, double bang:

These things have affected me, still affect me, and everyone of you reading. Time to stop hating Rose, he is suffering from what I would term 'Excessively loyal emotional acidosis', from training too hard under instruction, without sufficiency of recovery programs or nutritional profiling.

Bigger gaps for recovery, getting them on oxygen heightening recovery (longer if already on).

High dose MSM, Chi Machine (or similar gentle recovery oxygenating tech), high dose Flax, Magnesium, Calcium, Kelp for iodine n broad spectrum minerals, Epsom Salts & H2O2 baths, these types of things are needed to recover vitality IMO.

High fruit and especially vegetables (would have them on green smoothies with minerals infused/blended, eat 'in season' mainly on vegetables/fruit/meats, to ensure osmotic cellular pressure is correct to environment Sodium/Potassium ratios are higher in Sodium in winter foods, Potassium in Summer, to avoid pneumonia type illnesses, eating correctly so the water stays outside the cells more in winter, inside more in summer, seems a no-brainer for nutritionists/sports science folks to direct the cooks to prepare our squad.

We are in a new world, where everyone is more sensitive, our squad has become sensitive to training methods, throw a barrage of soothing shit at them, rest and repair the bile and spent energy from their muscles, lymph, brains, kidneys, liver.

Scale the intensity the f*ck down.

Wonder if dad lets him have his own logon yet...

22 now, so he was at best just turned 21 and head of sports science at one of the worlds biggest sports brands...

Bless him :)

I don’t know anything about Pochettino’s son and not much about sports science. But common sense tells me that the role of Head of Sports Science at a big organisation like Spurs involving highly tuned athletes where that extra 5% can make all the difference between winning/losing, staying fit/getting injured, would surely be best performed by someone with more experience. The CEO of for example Sainsburys is not taken fresh from school or university- he/she works his or her way up within the organisation or similar organisations learning from their experiences and mistakes as they go. Would Pochettino jnr have been given the role at such an early age had it not been for his father? Such nepotism is yet more evidence that the club needs a serious overhaul

Last edited:
Does anyone know which diet regime Pochettino and his staff are using for the players? Don't think I have ever seen an article about it

Nope.... And here's the kicker; neither has Zest Zest .

Same goes for detail surrounding their training regieme beside the fact that we know they're trained "hard".

:pochrolleyes:

I don’t know anything about Pochettino’s son and not much about sports science. But common sense tells me that the role of Head of Sports Science at a big organisation like Spurs involving highly tuned athletes where that extra 5% can make all the difference between winning/losing, staying fit/getting injured, would surely be best performed by someone with more experience. The CEO of for example Sainsburys is not taken fresh from school or university- he/she works his or her way up within the organisation or similar organisations learning from their experiences and mistakes as they go. Would Pochettino jnr have been given the role at such an early age unless it was for his father? Such nepotism is yet more evidence that the club needs a serious overhaul

FYI, Both Pooley and Poch jnr are claiming the job title of First Team Sports Scientist at Spurs.

Not sure if this is still the case, but in 2017 this guy was the Head of Sports Science at Spurs.

In many companies it is frowned upon (or even not possible) to have family members working in senior appointments where conflicts of interest etc can arise. So better if Poch jnr moves to a different club to avoid that kind of situation arising - even if Poch jnr who has a first class degree in the subject and is academically capable of the role.

Does anyone know which diet regime Pochettino and his staff are using for the players?
No idea, but I suspect Poch himself subscribes to the yo-yo diet.

Such different times. We used to eat a full english after playing a game on Sundays. Admittedly this was as far away from PL quality as Piers Morgan is from a soup kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom