Conte: winners and losers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One good thing is that Paratici & Co, having been in post for a few months, will have good, independent, inside knowledge of the squad, how they train and how they are behind the scenes, ready to pass on (in secret Italian) to Conte.

Things may be on the verge of changing at WHL.

Winners and losers I think is really hard to pick accurately for a manager like Conte. Conte has made a career of resuscitating the careers of overlooked or totally out of favor players like Barzagli, Victor Moses, Ashley Young, Marcos Alonso, Llorente, 19 year old Pogba, etc.

I don’t think there’s a player in the team, even some who I really don’t rate, that I would be shocked to see Conte somehow making into a useful player. Not that he’s going to do it for all of them, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were one or two surprising revivals. That’s just kind of how Conte’s career has been.

Conte is fast becoming the loser in this ain't he?

I honestly don't get why the fuck he's picking and sticking with a 2 man midfield!! We are overrun in the middle of the park consistently, at least he changed the formation quickly today, another thing he has failed to do recently but I still don't think it was the right call, just stick another man in midfield for fucksake go 3-5-2 (our best performances under him have all occurred with this formation) his selections/system has us lose control of the game.

Also, got to question playing a system that's so reliant of Wingbacks when it seems we don't have the wingbacks of the quality needed to play the way he wants!!! You would question any manager going 2 up top if all you had to select from was Janssen and Soldado for instance. What the fuck is going on here?

Conte has given up, he will leave at the end of the season. We are a million miles from being a challenger which is what he is used to. We are treading water.

Well if he's not for walking can he kindly adjust the tactics that have seen us overran for the past few games.
3 league losses in a row for Conte for the first time since 2009. It’s not his tactics, it’s the lazy wankers on the pitch with a history of being bottlers that’s the problem.

Prediction: Conte is going to punish the squad with a proper, classical Roman decimation.

The squad is going to be randomly split down the middle in two groups of ten. They will draw straws to determine the 3 or 4 that get to sit out.

Then the individual groups of ten will draw straws again. The loser in each group of ten is beaten to death by the other nine. Anyone that refuses to participate is crucified to death on public display outside of the stadium.

Harsh but fair.
Come on, this is Tottenham; not Newcastle.

He won’t stand for Lucas’s erratic nonsense - PEH’s finger pointing and chugging should see him gone by Jan. I would sell both, hope we do churn some half decent players whilst we can and reinvest
I actually think he’ll like PEH, he’ll simply play him further forward. Intrigued to see what he thinks of Lo Celso.

with international break coming up
those not called up have their chance to impress the manager and understand what he wants
Dele, Winks, Dier has their chance to speak to and work with the manager/coaches so will have no excuse

The man loves an odd reclamation project like Victor Moses becoming a fullback, Ashley Young in Italy, Alexis Sanchez post Manchester United. I’m not writing any one off yet.

Like it’s not fully out of the realm of possibility that by Easter people are calling Winks the English answer to Nico Barella. That’s the type of magic Conte works.

I'm not going to say anything until the new manager is officially announced!

200.gif
I also occasionally do those self disciplining vows of silence.

"Last summer our union did not happen because the end of my relationship with Inter was still too recent and emotionally too involved with the end of the season, so I felt that it wasn’t yet the right time to return to coaching," said Conte.

"But the contagious enthusiasm and determination of Daniel Levy in wanting to entrust me with this task had already hit the mark.

"Now that the opportunity has returned, I have chosen to take it with great conviction."

If the appointment works and its a big if and Levy could still fuck it up then levy and enic will be the winners

Losers Enic out mob. They have had their guns silenced.

Seems way to premature for that.

Also how are people who complained that they wanted the board and club to show more ambition losers if they get the things they wanted?

The losers are the ENIC apologists who now see their bosses and idols admit that they fucked up and haven't done enough in the past to get the club where we should be.

Big winners are Levy/ENIC who will buy themselves a couple of years of angry free fans…

Big Losers are Levy/ENIC when they realise how many players Conte will want to beat the crap out off and obviously sell, and then replace….

True winners are the fans, if Conte succeeds, well we can’t complain about that, if he fails then there truly is no where for the Owners to turn as his failure will no doubt be because of lack of quality players…Win/Win for the fans I think…..

Back
Top Bottom