Conte: winners and losers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he works players to the bone but he also builds systems to get the best out of the players. It’s all guess work as well we won’t know till it happens

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Bergwijn doing well as a wing back though, or Lo Celso, Skipp and Hojbjerg forming an effective midfield 3 with high pressing wing backs providing the outlet to get in behind teams.

Mostly likely the Son Kane partnership however will be most likely to improve.

Winners: Romero, Reguilon, Ndombele, Son, Emerson, Hojbjerg, Sessegnon, Lucas (not a starter but will always have his spot at the squad, and will certainly feature quite a lot).
Losers: Winks, Bergwijn, Dele, Gil (because Conte doesn't play wingers).
Judgement day: Kane, Dier, Sanchez, Lo Celso.

Hard to say because I doubt many people would have thought Young and Moses were winners when he came into Inter and Chelsea or that Eriksen would work with him.

I would say based on formation

Winners- Reguilon, Romero, Tanganga, Rodon

Losers- Emerson, Gil, Moura

Potential winner- Bergwijn if he can convert to RWB

He won’t stand for Lucas’s erratic nonsense - PEH’s finger pointing and chugging should see him gone by Jan. I would sell both, hope we do churn some half decent players whilst we can and reinvest

I actually think we have the perfect amount of time until the transfer window where he can figure out who the bad eggs are, freeze them out, but not lose the dressing room before selling them.

Surprised how many people think Gil will suffer, our players will likely be asked to actually pass the ball and move rather than be static. I also feel he is better in the centre than on the wing. I think Gil will do well under Conte.

Surprised how many people think Gil will suffer, our players will likely be asked to actually pass the ball and move rather than be static. I also feel he is better in the centre than on the wing. I think Gil will do well under Conte.
Still don't think Gil will feature much this season either way. He gets shoved off the ball a little too easily right now, but hopefully by next season that will change a bit.

Prediction: Conte is going to punish the squad with a proper, classical Roman decimation.

The squad is going to be randomly split down the middle in two groups of ten. They will draw straws to determine the 3 or 4 that get to sit out.

Then the individual groups of ten will draw straws again. The loser in each group of ten is beaten to death by the other nine. Anyone that refuses to participate is crucified to death on public display outside of the stadium.

Harsh but fair.

Back
Top Bottom