Controversial opinions about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I quite liked the Under Armour kits… is that controversial? They were certainly better than the Kappa and Puma ones before and the subsequent Nike kits.

Bring back Hummel or Le Coq Sportif. Them were the days!
Best teamstrip we have ever had IMO

steve-perryman-98.jpg

I hope they get ETH bc I think he’ll flop outside of Holland. Maybe it’s just me but he gets a lot of praise for winning the Dutch league and that 18/19 CL run, but realistically Ajax winning that league is like Celtic winning the SPL, and whilst Real and Juve are huge names to knock out in the CL, both those clubs were v beatable in hindsight. Ajax had a side that was greater than the sum of its parts w more than a few really talented players throughout the team, whilst Real were a mess in 18/19, finishing 3rd and going through 2 managers (loptengui and solari) before finally accepting defeat and bringing Zidane back and that season has gone down in Real history as one of their worst of all time. Juve were a bit better, winning the league in Ronaldo’s first season there, but Buffon has since said ronaldo joining “killed their DNA as a team”. Obviously we all know about them bottling it to us. I just think all the fanfare around him is a bit much when once Frank De Boer looked like a top managerial talent from there.
Generally, I'm inclined to agree. Not b/c of any potential faults of ETH, just b/c of the size/scope/pressure of that job.

What I really like about ten Hag, is his pathway to his current gig. He's not an Ajax guy.

Now that Marc Overmars is out as DOF @ Ajax after 10 years b/c of some inappropriate messages + (at least one) dick pics sent to female colleagues, this summer SEEMS like time for ten Hag to take the next step up.

Down to Kane-Gate and players slacking (two connected quite likely).... Not Mason.
Personally felt the change of style in trying to deploy a higher line and play out from the back killed us in both games. The football under Mourinho was shit, but it was stylistically perfect for the remaining games we had.

Although obviously things aren’t that rosey and there was a case of him losing the dressing room, on paper it looked like a good end to the season for him.

Personally felt the change of style in trying to deploy a higher line and play out from the back killed us in both games. The football under Mourinho was shit, but it was stylistically perfect for the remaining games we had.

Although obviously things aren’t that rosey and there was a case of him losing the dressing room, on paper it looked like a good end to the season for him.
in the second half of the season we were so slack defensively I don't think it matters whether we were playing out the back or being more conservative. A poorly organised defense was getting ripped to shreds.

We weren't good defensively under Jose towards the end. I'm sure everyone remembers that fucking cup game against Everton. Jose at the end of his time in charge couldn't coach a team to protect a 2-0 lead against a team plying their trade in fucking Croatia.

Lillywhite and navy blue is not the most exciting colour combination.

In color psychology, white showcases innocence, goodness, cleanliness, and humility. On the flip side it can also symbolise sterility and cold.

Dark blue shades are serious, representing stablity and conservatism.

We need better colours to represent 'to dare is to do'.

All our recent managers have worn the alternative colours of lighter blue and yellow. i think that should be our main strip, with the lillywhite and navy blue as the second strip...

Controversial enough?
Yeah, let's bin 150 years of proud history just to look like the football powerhouse that is Hellas Verona...

The majority of our interweb fans are fucktards who have never been anywhere near Tottenham and never will do.
When it comes to Twitter and Reddit this is true for the most part, but I feel the forums tend to have more people who are regular match goers for whatever reason

Controversial opinion:

We have a decade long, hillariously well-proven, lack of ability to screen our transfer targets in term of their mental habitus and their personal motivations and quirks.

When they get here, we are further very, very bad at integrating them and keeping them on their toes, in other words a cultural issue within the organisation.

This weeks exhibit: Lol Celco, admitted to the UEFA CL team of the week.

Controversial opinion:

We have a decade long, hillariously well-proven, lack of ability to screen our transfer targets in term of their mental habitus and their personal motivations and quirks.

When they get here, we are further very, very bad at integrating them and keeping them on their toes, in other words a cultural issue within the organisation.

This weeks exhibit: Lol Celco, admitted to the UEFA CL team of the week.

I'm not sure this is controversial, particularly over the last 5-6 years

Back
Top Bottom