Copa America

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t think many people would have backed Peru to make the final, especially after Brazil took them apart in the group stage.

Just past half time in the Argentina/Chile game. Fucking ridiculous double sending off. Medel maybe, as he does put his head towards Messi with his initial chest bump, but what the fuck Messi does to deserve a red is anyone's guess, and if you were Chile you'd take that swap all night long to end up with 10v10.

After the last game I questioned why Lo Celso was dropped for Acuna and Martinez's section, they were so much better that first half with LoCelso and Dybala in for those two.

Just past half time in the Argentina/Chile game. Fucking ridiculous double sending off. Medel maybe, as he does put his head towards Messi with his initial chest bump, but what the fuck Messi does to deserve a red is anyone's guess, and if you were Chile you'd take that swap all night long to end up with 10v10.

After the last game I questioned why Lo Celso was dropped for Acuna and Martinez's section, they were so much better that first half with LoCelso and Dybala in for those two.
I'm sure Messi going chest to chest with that thug then throwing his shoulder at him was the rationale for his red.

The ref looked legitimately scared at times in the first half, didn't see much of the 2nd.

I'm sure Messi going chest to chest with that thug then throwing his shoulder at him was the rationale for his red.

The ref looked legitimately scared at times in the first half, didn't see much of the 2nd.

Threw a shoulder ? Hmm...is that a red? I think both were very harsh but I'm not even sure Messi's was a yellow? Just stood his ground pretty much and stayed pretty calm.

Not really sure Messi did anything even worthy of a yellow, let alone a red. Medel was a bit aggressive, pushing his head into Messi’s and a couple of chest barges.
All a bit silly really, commentator said it, ref could have just had a word or just booked Medel.

Messi actually had to dodge back like a boxer to prevent Medel headbutting him.

Imagine if Messi had taken the diva dive. Pundits would be screaming about his being a cheat etc.

Instead he stood mano a mano, not retaliating but not backing away or backing down, whilst Medel repeatedly barged aggressively into him.

It's an absolute disgrace that Messi got a red card for that. He behaved like a man, whilst Medel behaved like a pub thug.

Messi actually had to dodge back like a boxer to prevent Medel headbutting him.

Imagine if Messi had taken the diva dive. Pundits would be screaming about his being a cheat etc.

Instead he stood mano a mano, not retaliating but not backing away or backing down, whilst Medel repeatedly barged aggressively into him.

It's an absolute disgrace that Messi got a red card for that. He behaved like a man, whilst Medel behaved like a pub thug.

Messi should get a Medel

If I am remembering correctly Vidal had just been booked a few minutes before the reds, which resulted in a huge shit storm around the ref with Medel and Messi central figures. There's no way to know what was said there by the ref to the players as far as a warning.

When Messi and Medel went down and popped up chest to chest my initial thought was yellows until I saw Medel try to head butt Messi.

The replay was pretty clear Messi threw his shoulder at Medel first in what I can only assume was an attempt to provoke a more violent response from Medel, which it did.

Meh, since Argentina didn't win this Copa, I'm backing whoever faces Brazil. So... Vamos Peru! Bring it home lads!

Back
Top Bottom