Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
If we backdoored a Champions League place by the season becoming null and void due to the spread of a global pandemic I would celebrate it like we won the Final. It would be the jammiest sporting accomplishment of all time.

Player signing fees may collapse if no top flight football for a while.

PL will survive the financial consequences.

Lower league will be affected financially and their survival.

Life is more important than money.

You can practically hear the panic in his voice.
Listen to the literal gobshite: You can't start next season until this one finishes. Says fucking who, you? Shouldn't even have a platform to speak after his disgusting spitting incident. But of course, let's disrupt multiple seasons and competitions just so Dippers can win the league. Under no circumstances can we void the league this one time, even if it means saving countless unnecessary and avoidable deaths - we've been waiting 30 years after all!! And if the league is voided, we should be given the title anyway regardless of the maths. FUCK OFF CUNT!

Posted this in the Dippers thread, but it needs a wider audience. Absolutely love this post on RAWK:

"If the PL clubs somehow agree to voiding the season, they should be made to pay every single penny they have earned from TV back to the broadcasters, receive no prize money from the PL, and refund every single fucking ticket sale to match-going fans. And every player's contract should be extended for a full year (in effect giving them a year's pay for nothing). I would happily see half the league go bust - and the likes of Villa, Spurs, Woolwich, West Ham would be in massive trouble if this happened.

I'll be honest, if it ends up coming to that I'll be done with football. Deleting twitter, removing favourites from browser, cancelling Sky/BT, putting all my Liverpool gear into deep storage - the works. I'd happily take a week on a fucking ventilator now to get this title done."

How the hell do they think we'll be in trouble? The stadium debt? We have the biggest penny pinching chairman in the league somhow they've come to the conclusion that we get hit like Villa and West Ham I'll never know.

Posted this in the Dippers thread, but it needs a wider audience. Absolutely love this post on RAWK:

"If the PL clubs somehow agree to voiding the season, they should be made to pay every single penny they have earned from TV back to the broadcasters, receive no prize money from the PL, and refund every single fucking ticket sale to match-going fans. And every player's contract should be extended for a full year (in effect giving them a year's pay for nothing). I would happily see half the league go bust - and the likes of Villa, Spurs, Woolwich, West Ham would be in massive trouble if this happened.

I'll be honest, if it ends up coming to that I'll be done with football. Deleting twitter, removing favourites from browser, cancelling Sky/BT, putting all my Liverpool gear into deep storage - the works. I'd happily take a week on a fucking ventilator now to get this title done."

'I would happily see half the league go bust - and the likes of Villa, Spurs, Woolwich, West Ham would be in massive trouble if this happened.'

Someone needs to tell this dipper he's talking absolute shit.

giphy.gif

I haven't read this whole thread, or all news articles, but does anyone have an idea or link to an article regarding what happens with next years CL places?

If it came to a vote you have to think Norwich, West Ham, Watford, Villa, Bournemouth and Brighton would support sacking off the season. It doesn't make any difference to Chelsea and City, they will be in the Champions League next season either way. If we support the idea then we just need 2 mid-table teams that have nothing at stake on board and the votes are there.

Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield United, Wolves and Man U have most to lose.

Back
Top Bottom