Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
The possibility of closed door games are getting bigger. I personally think this is the right move to protect everyone. What do you guys think?

Then watched in packed pubs etc? That would be worse. The bigger issue is probably the packed and close nature of the public transport to get to the sporting events.

Not easy in any way it's looked at.

Better suspend the Premier League, void the season, don't recognize a Champion and revert to 2018/19 standings for European places in 2020/21.

It's the only way.

Seems reasonable to me.

tenor.gif

Then watched in packed pubs etc? That would be worse. The bigger issue is probably the packed and close nature of the public transport to get to the sporting events.

Not easy in any way it's looked at.

The virus can live up to 72 hours on smooth surfaces door handles etc we're fucked

Couple I know in their 60s, both with underlying health problems, think they might have it. Gone from slight cold to bad cough in last couple days. Know they went to the Norwich game and some basketball thing at O2 recently too. Don't think they've been properly tested yet though so fingers crossed

Forty years ago there was a deadly virus that came into common knowledge via the media, and that media narrative of it brought about hysteria and paranoia across the globe. It transpired that the virus in question was a blood on blood agent or sexually transmitted virus - HIV.

This corona media hysteria reminds me so much of the early 1980’s, but I actually still find it “ sounding rather” fraudulent and laughable, with ever media or minor - major political leaders announcement that comes out. Something truly stinks and doesn’t wash with me.

No pun intended. :roseunsure:

I was rolling my eyes hard until I figure there is a chance football can be stopped for this season. Now I'm backing the trailer up to the supermarket to get shit tickets and wearing a hazmat suit to mow the lawns.

Forty years ago there was a deadly virus that came into common knowledge via the media, and that media narrative of it brought about hysteria and paranoia across the globe. It transpired that the virus in question was a blood on blood agent or sexually transmitted virus - HIV.

This corona media hysteria reminds me so much of the early 1980’s, but I actually still find it “ sounding rather” fraudulent and laughable, with ever media or minor - major political leaders announcement that comes out. Something truly stinks and doesn’t wash with me.

No pun intended.

Yeh, cos AIDS was just a big myth too right. :roseunsure:

In certain Asian countries the mask wearing hysteria has been visibly evident for over a decade at least now.

Even in London - it’s common place to see certain ethnic groups ordinarily wearing masks to apparently protect themselves- it’s not like it’s something new! I’m yet to see it, but when the British people start wearing these things as the norm, I won’t know whether to laugh or cry!

I suspect I’ll laugh.

Better suspend the Premier League, void the season, don't recognize a Champion and revert to 2018/19 standings for European places in 2020/21.

It's the only way.
1.75M pens scribbling on petitions. Even Evertonians. Desperate for public sanitation.

Nottingham Forest owner has contracted the virus according to his own instagram.

I think he was at a game recently.
I laud everyones community spirit. Isolating ones self is a public spirited sacrifice that we can all relate to. I just don't understand why they all work in accounts?

They delayed the City-Woolwich match.

It's disgusting the FA would rather see Britons die than cancel the season over the protest of Dippers. Shocking.

Woolwich Statement

Our Premier League match with Manchester City on Wednesday night has been postponed.

Following yesterday’s news that Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marinakis has recently contracted Covid-19, we have been taking medical advice and tracing any individuals who had what the guidelines define as close contact with him at the game 13 days ago.

As a result of this exercise we identified that a number of players met the Olympiacos owner immediately following the game.

The medical advice we have received puts the risk of them developing Covid-19 at extremely low. However, we are strictly following the Government guidelines which recommend that anyone coming into close contact with someone with the virus should self-isolate at home for 14 days from the last time they had contact.

As a result, the players are unavailable for tonight's match against Manchester City and the Premier League has decided the game should be postponed.

The players will remain at their homes until the 14-day period expires. Four Woolwich staff, who were sitting close to Mr Marinakis during the match will also remain at home until the 14 days are complete.

We fully understand how disappointing this is for our supporters, in particular those who were travelling to Manchester for tonight's match. Tickets will be valid for the match when it's rearranged.

As a further precautionary measure, whilst we do not believe there was any close contact with any other Woolwich guests or staff in the directors box restaurant, we are contacting them to advise they should follow the relevant advice if there has been any such contact.

Everyone at Woolwich Football Club wishes Mr Marinakis a swift recovery and we look forward to the players and staff returning to work on Friday in preparation for our match at Brighton.

So they came into contact 13 days ago, so are self-isolating for a couple of days and then presumably get tested if they have symptoms.

But if one of their players tests positive and played West Ham...

Back
Top Bottom