Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters

Still feels like delaying the inevitable, bet that message is more for anyone business partners who's pockets could potentially get lighter.

The situation, changes minute to minute and right now it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Problem with what UEFA is doing is assuming that they hold some sort of jurisdiction because they govern European football. It's almost as if they're expecting all this to end across Europe at the same time, almost as if this is their plan A for a vaccine that doesn't seem to exist yet. Ultimately, it's the government of each country to decide what's safest for their citizens and I doubt that even if competitions do restart this year that we'll see any full capacity stadiums in the next year

I'm wondering if they are using this time just to come up with a better plan as to what to do.

Would be an absolute disgrace.

Give Liverpool the title by nearly all means but do not belittle the status of something that is bringing the world, apart it seems from the PL to a standstill.

I would boycott any resumption until we are over the worst of this.

If ever you wanted to see an act designed to bring shame upon this country this would be it.

Makes me think we’ll do it. I’m not sure we have any shame left!

I’ve a bad feeling that UEFA might just use their coefficients to award European places next season if this season isn’t completed. Guess who is fourth out of the English clubs and would go into the champions league on that basis and who is fifth?

I wonder when clubs will start to go under financially, including PL clubs ?

How long can they keep paying out on huge contracts with no income at all and will Sky and BT start demanding their money back ?

If football ever returns to normal, will City and the chavs be in a far stronger position than anyone else due to their owners being able to bankroll them out of trouble ?

So... void non league but not the WSL?

Coronavirus: FA wants Women's Super League season completed by August
By Tom Garry
BBC Sport
The Football Association remains determined to complete the Women's Super League season - but wants the campaign concluded by early August.

BBC Sport understands voiding the 2019-20 season was one of several options discussed over a conference call with club representatives on Friday.

But no such decision was taken and consultations will continue while players and club staff are isolating.

WSL bosses said the season will only resume if and when it is safe.

So the next season of the prem will probably have to start in August 2021, which means there will be no champions league until 2022. Man City's ban should start from that point. Liverpool will be given the title. Kane will just have two years on his contract left, we either progress or that might be his last season.

So the next season of the prem will probably have to start in August 2021, which means there will be no champions league until 2022. Man City's ban should start from that point. Liverpool will be given the title. Kane will just have two years on his contract left, we either progress or that might be his last season.

Surely if that is the case they can work out something that makes it so that the contracts are automatically extended for the time that the game is on hold?

Surely if that is the case they can work out something that makes it so that the contracts are automatically extended for the time that the game is on hold?
They need both sides to that and also for every player that we want to extend a contract to there will be players that we don't.
Would we want to extend TA, Aurier, Sissoko's contracts? No.

If Levy is not taking a pay cut, there is no reason why the players should do it.
Levy is taking one I am fairly certain. He's listed as one of the directors of the clubs and all directors are having a pay cut for April and May.

The bonus he got that is listed in our financials was paid out in December was it not? Before this mess started.

Levy is taking one I am fairly certain. He's listed as one of the directors of the clubs and all directors are having a pay cut for April and May.

The bonus he got that is listed in our financials was paid out in December was it not? Before this mess started.
How much of a pay cut?

mirror2.jpg

I wonder when clubs will start to go under financially, including PL clubs ?

How long can they keep paying out on huge contracts with no income at all and will Sky and BT start demanding their money back ?

If football ever returns to normal, will City and the chavs be in a far stronger position than anyone else due to their owners being able to bankroll them out of trouble ?
I think football won’t be back any time soon, an optimist would say 3 months, I would say 6 months at least.
Even if agreed.on 30% pay cut, most clubs would have to pay over £15m a month player wages. same time loosing income from match days...etc. I think after 3 months and no sign of when to play, we will see the financial effect on clubs.
Man City and Chelsea won’t have problems. Most PL clubs if not all clubs will survive but at a price and the future is bleak.

It will be interesting if China steps in and buy pl players.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom