Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
Woolwich Statement

Our Premier League match with Manchester City on Wednesday night has been postponed.

Following yesterday’s news that Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marinakis has recently contracted Covid-19, we have been taking medical advice and tracing any individuals who had what the guidelines define as close contact with him at the game 13 days ago.

As a result of this exercise we identified that a number of players met the Olympiacos owner immediately following the game.

The medical advice we have received puts the risk of them developing Covid-19 at extremely low. However, we are strictly following the Government guidelines which recommend that anyone coming into close contact with someone with the virus should self-isolate at home for 14 days from the last time they had contact.

As a result, the players are unavailable for tonight's match against Manchester City and the Premier League has decided the game should be postponed.

The players will remain at their homes until the 14-day period expires. Four Woolwich staff, who were sitting close to Mr Marinakis during the match will also remain at home until the 14 days are complete.

We fully understand how disappointing this is for our supporters, in particular those who were travelling to Manchester for tonight's match. Tickets will be valid for the match when it's rearranged.

As a further precautionary measure, whilst we do not believe there was any close contact with any other Woolwich guests or staff in the directors box restaurant, we are contacting them to advise they should follow the relevant advice if there has been any such contact.

Everyone at Woolwich Football Club wishes Mr Marinakis a swift recovery and we look forward to the players and staff returning to work on Friday in preparation for our match at Brighton.

So they came into contact 13 days ago, so are self-isolating for a couple of days and then presumably get tested if they have symptoms.

But if one of their players tests positive and played West Ham...
According to Rob Harris they actually have been self isolating and can come back to training on Friday....Which doesn't make sense since they have played against Portsmouth and West Ham since the Olympiakos game. Which means that if any player carries the virus it could not also be within those squads.

Woolwich Statement

Our Premier League match with Manchester City on Wednesday night has been postponed.

Following yesterday’s news that Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marinakis has recently contracted Covid-19, we have been taking medical advice and tracing any individuals who had what the guidelines define as close contact with him at the game 13 days ago.

As a result of this exercise we identified that a number of players met the Olympiacos owner immediately following the game.

The medical advice we have received puts the risk of them developing Covid-19 at extremely low. However, we are strictly following the Government guidelines which recommend that anyone coming into close contact with someone with the virus should self-isolate at home for 14 days from the last time they had contact.

As a result, the players are unavailable for tonight's match against Manchester City and the Premier League has decided the game should be postponed.

The players will remain at their homes until the 14-day period expires. Four Woolwich staff, who were sitting close to Mr Marinakis during the match will also remain at home until the 14 days are complete.

We fully understand how disappointing this is for our supporters, in particular those who were travelling to Manchester for tonight's match. Tickets will be valid for the match when it's rearranged.

As a further precautionary measure, whilst we do not believe there was any close contact with any other Woolwich guests or staff in the directors box restaurant, we are contacting them to advise they should follow the relevant advice if there has been any such contact.

Everyone at Woolwich Football Club wishes Mr Marinakis a swift recovery and we look forward to the players and staff returning to work on Friday in preparation for our match at Brighton.

So they came into contact 13 days ago, so are self-isolating for a couple of days and then presumably get tested if they have symptoms.

But if one of their players tests positive and played West Ham...

I don't see how our game can go ahead if they do. The PL will probably still make us play it though knowing them.

They delayed the City-Woolwich match.

It's disgusting the FA would rather see Britons die than cancel the season over the protest of Dippers. Shocking.
According to Rob Harris they actually have been self isolating and can come back to training on Friday....Which doesn't make sense since they have played against Portsmouth and West Ham since the Olympiakos game. Which means that if any player carries the virus it could not also be within those squads.
I don't see how our game can go ahead if they do. The PL will probably still make us play it though knowing them.

They EPL and the money men above them will inevitably drag their heels as long as they can due to financial priorities.

Honestly, if they have to postpone a few league games and/or cancel the Euros, in the grand scheme of things who gives a fuck?

Wankers.

Can we please have these threads in the off topic board - excuse the pun - but I am sick of all this virus stuff and could do with bashing up the players / ENIC / Jose without having to think about actual real life problems.

Can we please have these threads in the off topic board - excuse the pun - but I am sick of all this virus stuff and could do with bashing up the players / ENIC / Jose without having to think about actual real life problems.

We already have that... This thread is just for football-related issues.

Regardless, surely if you want Spurs bashing you should be in the SPURS section of the forum, not "general football"? :sonpoint:

I’m working from home work For the next 14 days minimum, trying to avoid going out too much but I’m taking my boy down the park every day as toddlers can’t just do fuck all all the time. Apart from that I’m not going anywhere.
Wise. I was due back in London tomorrow, but a) have heart problems and b) experienced the tube last night and noticed how fucking thick some people are, therefore I am out tomorrow and Friday and will assess the situation on Monday. If it’s still going up to 11 then I am not going into London and WFH forever more.

they can poke United at Home. This is all the excuse I needed.

Because we (not me) make it way too easy for the media to manipulate our thoughts and behaviour- it’s fucking laughable that they say jump and we ask how high; especially knowing what a lying bunch of fuckers they are - right across the board!

We already have that... This thread is just for football-related issues.

Regardless, surely if you want Spurs bashing you should be in the SPURS section of the forum, not "general football"? :sonpoint:
I might have got lost, but I think someone started up a new thread about this in the Spurs area and then it’s subsequently been bounced.

I might have got lost, but I think someone started up a new thread about this in the Spurs area and then it’s subsequently been bounced.

It's ok; I won't hold it against you.......

Afterall, you might be contagious. :ap:

Because we (not me) make it way too easy for the media to manipulate our thoughts and behaviour- it’s fucking laughable that they say jump and we ask how high; especially knowing what a lying bunch of fuckers they are - right across the board!
...so stay and fight the cause.

...so stay and fight the cause.

The easily duped remain easily duped!

I think that this corona virus is way too convenient at a time of war,and, that most people are too compliant and trusting of the media, the government, and their sources.

The way things are going any rogue element could commit an act tantamount to genocide - blame corona virus, and the masses would accept it as fact. Today, more than I ever did before, I trust neither government or the media one iota!

The easily duped remain easily duped!

I think that this corona virus is way too convenient at a time of war,and, that most people are too compliant and trusting of the media, the government, and their sources.

The way things are going any rogue element could commit an act tantamount to genocide - blame corona virus, and the masses would accept it as fact. Today, more than I ever did before, I trust neither government or the media one iota!
So this is all fake? Or its just the government executing people? Or the Liberals getting rid of elderly torries?

Back
Top Bottom