Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
So the FA are considering banning over 70’s from attending football matches.
Whilst not underestimating this virus (all over the news, all hour, every hour) I can’t help thinking that it’s surely the choice of the 70 year old plus if he/she wants to do something they’ve done every Saturday since the 1950’s or maybe longer? Either play behind closed doors full stop or dont. Why single out the coffin dodgers? If they get it, they stand a higher chance of not surviving it, of course, but it won’t stop it spreading by excluding the older generation.
Absolutely stinks of the nanny state going into overdrive.

Whilst not underestimating this virus (all over the news, all hour, every hour) I can’t help thinking that it’s surely the choice of the 70 year old plus if he/she wants to do something they’ve done every Saturday since the 1950’s or maybe longer? Either play behind closed doors full stop or dont. Why single out the coffin dodgers? If they get it, they stand a higher chance of not surviving it, of course, but it won’t stop it spreading by excluding the older generation.

Just stop the unfinished season now, go back to last seasons league positions and start again in August?

I don’t think it was a ban - more of a serving suggestion.

If the COBRA meeting later decides that football matches must be played behind closed doors, will clubs refund people who have tickets to games?

If the COBRA meeting later decides that football matches must be played behind closed doors, will clubs refund people who have tickets to games?
Fucking levy wont..he'd say he'll give you a discount on next years s.ts but put the price up of next years s.ts to cover the discount on this seasons lost revenues the fucking bald vulture

Feels like the kind of thing that would happen to us. Running away with the league, only for the plague to cancel the season.

I’d Keegan love it if it happened to Liverpool.

Italians. When I was at school it was said that Italian tanks had four gears - three reverse gears, and one forward gear in case the enemy attacks from behind.

Old ones the best
Like their flag
Mostly white with a yellow streak down the middle

Here's the big issue with this thing... with the Flu at least there's a vaccine. But even with a vaccine a ton of people still get it. Also the flu has like a .5% mortality rate. With Coronavirus there's no vaccine so hardly any will be immune and its got 2% mortality rate. So there's a potential for lots and lots of people to get this because its going to spread quickly.

As it is a new virus, there is very little immunity in the population, meaning it will likely spread more easily and hit harder than a more conventional flu virus.

For people looking at the current number of (registered) infected people in the UK and thinking it isn't dangerous: The number are very likely to change drastically, particularly if drastic measures are avoided. The death rate IS far higher than for a normal flu (not in absolute number (yet?), but in percentages), and it is not unlikely that more people will be infected unless drastic measures are implemented. This IS a crisis, and people need to take it seriously.

Back
Top Bottom