Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
Can't see the appetite for that. People will want to start over afresh. Cancelling and voiding makes much more sense. The point of debate will be what to be done about Promotion/relegation and the European places. Can't see a genuine case for just doing it based upon what the current standings are, we have to play 4 rivals for European places at home, and Chelsea still have play the two best teams while we've completed our games against them.

Yeah, I don't see any good solution for this. No fair alternatives. No point in speculating anyway because no one knows how long this will last.

At least this is the best season in years and years to be cancelled lol

Maybe it will be a 2-3 month break now, and then start it up again with finishing this season. Then straight away start the new season as planned in August?

Judging by the shitfight in Italy and news smuggled out of China, the peak of this virus will affect England in May.

It isn't some weird coincidence that Arteta, Hudson-Odoi and the health minister have it whilst overall numbers are still so low. They are just some of the ones getting tested.

The prem were hell bent on squeezing out that last game to get the media darlings across the line but they have left it too late and will go into damage control in the morning.

The "wash your hands and self isolate" advice will step up a notch into what to do if you have it as to not swamp the health system. Of which I'm sure it already is with real and imagined cases.

The prem once again have put the almighty pound in front of the fan and should be ashamed of themselves. Expect plenty of puff pieces about the prem were just sensibly following the advice from Number 10 in the coming weeks. I'm sure the discussions are already taking place in regards to advertising monies for favourable opinion pieces.

I've just cancelled my flights that I had booked for my first new stadium trip for the Everton game. I'm not waiting for these greedy cunts to do the right thing. They deserve to be sacked.

I wonder if this is going to cause the shift in games and seasons enough that they'll be able to line it all up for the winter Qatar world cup or is that looking too far ahead. I hope that makes sense.

The first thing to go will be the 2020 Euros. This will allow each countries leagues to be suspended and finish off later in the year.
Highly unlikely - when will it be safe to play games again? looking at other countries only the Chinese have stopped the virus and that took three months, a massive lock-down, and full on martial law for 50m people ... will we see that?

Best estimates would suggest the virus will peak in late April/May no way the league gets finished ... creating a false expectation that the UK will achieve what no other nation so far has managed by "washing our hands a lot" that's just never going to happen.

Far better to make solid decisions now ... call the whole thing off.

Not to sound like an asshole, but I bet Levy is just (pardon the expression) pulling his figurative hair out with all the potential lost income.
Everything is relative. We're in a much better position than a lot of our direct competition to weather a significant across the board cut in revenue, honestly, because we don't fritter away all of today's revenue and borrow against tomorrow's. Probably only strengthen's our position, in general.

Not to sound like an asshole, but I bet Levy is just (pardon the expression) pulling his figurative hair out with all the potential lost income.

In this case I dont believe he will, because there is no competitive advantage. Everyone has lost money, or will lose money worldwide.

If anything it takes some focus away from our shocking season and we get to fast forward to the summer. Mourinho is probably quite happy.

From a reliable source.

FA of 3 European countries has submitted formal request to ABANDON the current European competitions and rule them as null and void. Seems the most likely outcome since countries are developing at different rates. Many players have requested to leave the clubs and return to their families.

Obviously, money is the big play here. SKY TV in the UK (this is no joke) have already contacted a number of clubs to gain interest in holding an E-Sports (Fifa) competition in the meantime to keep supporters occupied and give them something to get behind from home.

Oh and filming of the amazon documentary is now concluding. Season is done folks.
That means they'll miss the triumphant Return of The Poch, but end on scenes of whooping and cheering as the Premier League announces a postponement of the season.

A vaccine won't be available until next year, there is an assumption that the virus will be stopped or slowed down when summer comes. But coronavirus cases in Philippines, Singapore and Australia would suggest that is not the case. Perhaps there will no Summer transfer window or football next season also.

Based off of West Ham playing Woolwich on the weekend and his history with injuries and illness you just know that Wilshere will get this.

If I were him I would lock myself inside for the next 2 weeks or so.

Back
Top Bottom