Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
Because it's not quite that simple to change the logistics for pretty major media events to small stadiums at the last minute?

Not sure if it would require a lot to do so or the legalities but would it really take longer than a week? If not and the National League keeps running I think it would favour all but then again I ain’t a logistics type person who understands about the ability to based on manpower, contracts required, health and safety etc.

People aren't going to tune in to watch Dunstable Town etc. if they cant watch superstars in the Premier League tbh.

How do you know? Some people love sport of a weekend and if everything is dropping, why not give the National Leagues a little air time if possible?its either that’s or re-runs of Alan Shearers Pl goals to fill space left due to cancellations, I know which option helps smaller teams out more. Can’t really hurt can it?

I think they will decide three things;
Liverpool champions
Leeds and WBA promoted
Status Quo from last season for European qualification?

Everyone happy?

Senior FA offical had said 75% chance season isn't finished. Can't see how clubs would have a leg to stand in in regards to legal action.

Only slight precedent is during ww2 when the league was suspended then canceled all together.

It's a national emergency so I imagine government legislation will back the FA and UEFA in canceling it and just wiping it also

It would also be a PR disaster for the club that tried to sue.

I can't wait to see how Sky Sports News fill their 24-hours with zero sport and zero transfer speculation...something beyond cringe no doubt
Lots of Skype interviews with managers, players former and present lots of footage from the 100,000s hrs that’s stored up, renegotiate advertising rates, update contracts with all broadcasters on their platform since people will have fuck all entertainment outside the tele

Lots of Skype interviews with managers, players former and present lots of footage from the 100,000s hrs that’s stored up, renegotiate advertising rates, update contracts with all broadcasters on their platform since people will have fuck all entertainment outside the tele
Sounds a real hoot!

Let's be real here football is totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and whether Liverpool get to win a trophy that benefits only a football team, West Ham get relegated or Tottenham Woolwich/whoever get to play in a European tournament that benefits nobody but a fucking football team and it's staff who gives a fuck.

It's the 14th of March 800 people have the virus and there is widespread Panic global recession on the horizon and hysteria , there will likely be 10000 cases at least by April the 3rd in Britain alone and possibly100's of thousands globally by then , football isn't coming back this season so just scrap it now ffs

Back
Top Bottom