Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
Wonder what the implications will be when everyone cancels their Sky subscriptions?

Have the year on year price increases finally met their match? Will we see a more reasonable (and therefore sustainable) model in the future?
Something has to change from this...

Premier league footballer gets 80k a week for kicking a ball about.

A research scientist gets 28k a year........

Any one looking down on our societies from above would be convinced we were mad!

But we never question the ridiculousness of it.

Any one looking down on our societies from above would be convinced we were mad!

I generally agree, but ultimately what is life like without entertainment. They wouldn’t get paid so much if they didn’t provide a lot of joy to billions of people. The popularity of the sport pumps a huge amount of money into the industry. The likes of Messi can command what they want, and everything is then worked downwards.

If it wasn’t making so much money due to its popularity, the sport wouldn’t pay such high salaries. It’s no different to any other business.

It's about the money and revenue these clubs make. If your employer makes 100s if millions and you are one of the reasons why, why shouldn't you expect a slice of the pie. Unfortunately there's plenty more research scientists then star footballers. I agree with you tho. If no footballer earned over a 100k a year, then changing clubs would make no difference.

It's about the money and revenue these clubs make. If your employer makes 100s if millions and you are one of the reasons why, why shouldn't you expect a slice of the pie. Unfortunately there's plenty more research scientists then star footballers. I agree with you tho. If no footballer earned over a 100k a year, then changing clubs would make no difference.
I totally understand the economics of it and I'm just using footballers as an example.

It is a crazy distribution of wealth though....... And it only really got bad from the late 90s in football when clubs realised that they could fleece fans and treat them like idiots and we'd still come running.

I totally understand the economics of it and I'm just using footballers as an example.

It is a crazy distribution of wealth though....... And it only really got bad from the late 90s in football when clubs realised that they could fleece fans and treat them like idiots and we'd still come running.

That and globalization of the EPL - bigger pot.

I know three people who have been infected so far. Two have recovered, the other girl just tested positive today. The girl is in London, the other two a couple I know in Bali. They left here why I am last month in Chiang Mai Thailand and they though they were getting away from it..

Why does anyone post on this lame, fake copycat excuse for a thread, when they could be on the Real McCoy?

I generally agree, but ultimately what is life like without entertainment. They wouldn’t get paid so much if they didn’t provide a lot of joy to billions of people. The popularity of the sport pumps a huge amount of money into the industry. The likes of Messi can command what they want, and everything is then worked downwards.

If it wasn’t making so much money due to its popularity, the sport wouldn’t pay such high salaries. It’s no different to any other business.
Then pay should be completely performance related... a BASIC weekly wage, the rest is scaled on the relative entertainment value provided by each and every player.... 'cos I know for sure our players have provided very little 'joy' this season!!

Looks like we've found a cure lads.

And THAT'S what happens when you self isolate for too long!

From today BJ conference, there won't be football for months. Probably the earliest would be August 2020 if we are lucky.

From today BJ conference, there won't be football for months. Probably the earliest would be August 2020 if we are lucky.

ImpassionedMenacingCrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom