Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
I wonder when clubs will start to go under financially, including PL clubs ?

How long can they keep paying out on huge contracts with no income at all and will Sky and BT start demanding their money back ?

If football ever returns to normal, will City and the chavs be in a far stronger position than anyone else due to their owners being able to bankroll them out of trouble ?

How long can they keep paying out on huge contracts with no income at all and will Sky and BT start demanding their money back ?

If football ever returns to normal, will City and the chavs be in a far stronger position than anyone else due to their owners being able to bankroll them out of trouble ?

Uncle Joe will look after us

head-nodding-gif-1.gif

So... void non league but not the WSL?

Coronavirus: FA wants Women's Super League season completed by August
By Tom Garry
BBC Sport
The Football Association remains determined to complete the Women's Super League season - but wants the campaign concluded by early August.

BBC Sport understands voiding the 2019-20 season was one of several options discussed over a conference call with club representatives on Friday.

But no such decision was taken and consultations will continue while players and club staff are isolating.

WSL bosses said the season will only resume if and when it is safe.

We should be ok our debt is rolled out to long dated maturities and we where on course for record profits last I read, if anyone is perfect for this situation it’s Levy.

Clubs with high wages to turnover from Everton to Barcelona even could be trouble because they will need to find a way to cover such high out goings with nothing coming in.

I reckon a lot of the lower leagues and probably 5 or so prem clubs could have issues if this becomes protracted.

So the next season of the prem will probably have to start in August 2021, which means there will be no champions league until 2022. Man City's ban should start from that point. Liverpool will be given the title. Kane will just have two years on his contract left, we either progress or that might be his last season.

So the next season of the prem will probably have to start in August 2021, which means there will be no champions league until 2022. Man City's ban should start from that point. Liverpool will be given the title. Kane will just have two years on his contract left, we either progress or that might be his last season.

Surely if that is the case they can work out something that makes it so that the contracts are automatically extended for the time that the game is on hold?

Surely if that is the case they can work out something that makes it so that the contracts are automatically extended for the time that the game is on hold?
They need both sides to that and also for every player that we want to extend a contract to there will be players that we don't.
Would we want to extend TA, Aurier, Sissoko's contracts? No.

They need both sides to that and also for every player that we want to extend a contract to there will be players that we don't.
Would we want to extend TA, Aurier, Sissoko's contracts? No.
Fair points.

I just read the piece in the Mail about how and why no club has yet to announce cuts in the players wages, and apparently it is because they fear that the players will claim contract tampering and have their contracts declared null so they can leave on a free. Which explains Levy pointing out negotiations taking place between the League and the PFA in his statement yesterday.

Out of a moral and solidarity based standpoint however it should be obvious for the players (who are our biggest regular expense) to take wage cuts alongside everyone else.

Fair points.

I just read the piece in the Mail about how and why no club has yet to announce cuts in the players wages, and apparently it is because they fear that the players will claim contract tampering and have their contracts declared null so they can leave on a free. Which explains Levy pointing out negotiations taking place between the League and the PFA in his statement yesterday.

Out of a moral and solidarity based standpoint however it should be obvious for the players (who are our biggest regular expense) to take wage cuts alongside everyone else.
If Levy is not taking a pay cut, there is no reason why the players should do it.

If Levy is not taking a pay cut, there is no reason why the players should do it.
Levy is taking one I am fairly certain. He's listed as one of the directors of the clubs and all directors are having a pay cut for April and May.

The bonus he got that is listed in our financials was paid out in December was it not? Before this mess started.

Levy is taking one I am fairly certain. He's listed as one of the directors of the clubs and all directors are having a pay cut for April and May.

The bonus he got that is listed in our financials was paid out in December was it not? Before this mess started.
How much of a pay cut?

The statement said that all staff and directors were taking a 20% pay cut for April and May did it not?
OK so I guess the players take pay cuts for April and May then, realistically it should be pay cuts for everyone until the season starts.

OK so I guess the players take pay cuts for April and May then, realistically it should be pay cuts for everyone until the season starts.
It should yeah. But as I said, none of the clubs have implemented pay cuts on the players yet because of a fear of the players/agents throwing a fit and throwing the contracts out the window. Which is why the League is negotiating with the PFA so that there won't be any issues.

I fully expect the players to follow suit in a couple of days. All it takes is one club to be the first and the rest will surely follow. I don't think that even Man United would want to sit around and pay out their player salaries in full with no income.

Back
Top Bottom