Crawley Town vs Tottenham Hotspur - EFL Trophy - 4 Sep 2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Legacy Lilywhite

Supporter
Up The Spurs! 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇺🇸🇮🇱🇺🇦
Our U21s start their EFL Trophy campaign away to Crawley Town at the Broadfield Stadium on Tuesday evening, with a 7:45pm kick-off.

I'm quite looking forward to this as I haven't seen our U21s for a while and I also have a soft spot for Crawley, me being from Sussex originally. It's also huge help to lower league clubs if they can get a good turnout.

Details are on our website below.

Crawley Checkatrade Trophy tie – information for fans

Fans can pay on the day and there's a very friendly bar at the stadium. It's walkable from Crawley Station (regular buses from there and Gatwick airport too). The Broadfield Stadium is compact but has decent seating and terracing for all fans.

Be really good if we could get a good turnout to support our boys.

The last time I saw us play at Crawley was a 4-1 pre-season defeat for Spurs, although it was probably the first time I saw Harry Kane and Danny Rose in a Tottenham shirt.

If anyone is coming down and wants to meet up for a drink beforehand then let me know.

COYS!

I should add that there is plenty of parking in nearby business parks (all free parking). You don't need to pay at the stadium.

Tickets are available from Crawley directly, including online.

Select the Event - Crawley Town

Tottenham fans will be in the K-RL Stand (terracing) and Blocks A,B,C in the People's Pension Stand.

What in the name of God is the EFL Trophy?
It’s the Football League Trophy which is for League 1 and League 2 teams, as well as Academy sides from the top two tiers. Currently sponsored by Checkatrade, it was also formerly known as the Johnstones Paint Trophy. It has a Wembley final at the end of it so it’s a chance for lower league silverware.

Damn...this one slipped off my radar. I'm only 15mins from Crawley - so this would have been perfect for me - but alas I've already got plans for this evening. Sods law.

Ah my home town of Crawley. How I miss the place so.

Has a bad rep and has got worse since I've moved away but it's a decent little ground and the town is full of London based teams supporters so will be plenty of local YIDS

Avoid the underpass as your route out if you decide to park in Southgate as that's where a lot of the people wanting scraps wait both before KO and after the match.

Should be plenty of car spaces I imagine but if you can't get in there Broadfield can be ruthless but you can park right near the stadium in the "nice" bit where the houses have all their windows and doors still.

There's also a place called K2 which might be worth your while it's a short trek down the A road to the stadium all of which has public footpaths

Stay safe all

Our U21s start their EFL Trophy campaign away to Crawley Town at the Broadfield Stadium on Tuesday evening, with a 7:45pm kick-off.

I'm quite looking forward to this as I haven't seen our U21s for a while and I also have a soft spot for Crawley, me being from Sussex originally. It's also huge help to lower league clubs if they can get a good turnout.

Details are on our website below.

Crawley Checkatrade Trophy tie – information for fans

Fans can pay on the day and there's a very friendly bar at the stadium. It's walkable from Crawley Station (regular buses from there and Gatwick airport too). The Broadfield Stadium is compact but has decent seating and terracing for all fans.

Be really good if we could get a good turnout to support our boys.

The last time I saw us play at Crawley was a 4-1 pre-season defeat for Spurs, although it was probably the first time I saw Harry Kane and Danny Rose in a Tottenham shirt.

If anyone is coming down and wants to meet up for a drink beforehand then let me know.

COYS!

Cheers for starting the thread and a lot of great info here.

Just want to say the main Crawley station is quite a walk for some a lot of which can be uphill if you don't know the area but there's a lot of cheap travel around.

If you don't mind a walk you can get off at Ifield station it's about as close if not closer than the main Crawley station but a lot of your walking will be downhill at least

Has a bad rep and has got worse since I've moved away but it's a decent little ground and the town is full of London based teams supporters so will be plenty of local YIDS

Avoid the underpass as your route out if you decide to park in Southgate as that's where a lot of the people wanting scraps wait both before KO and after the match.

Should be plenty of car spaces I imagine but if you can't get in there Broadfield can be ruthless but you can park right near the stadium in the "nice" bit where the houses have all their windows and doors still.

There's also a place called K2 which might be worth your while it's a short trek down the A road to the stadium all of which has public footpaths

Stay safe all
I’ve been to around 50 games at the Broadfield over the years and never seen or heard of any trouble.

Parking is fine in the business parks and the club is one of the friendliest to visit.

I may be mad but I quite like Crawley as a town. Yes it’s a new one but the people are decent.

Stay safe all
I can provide stab vests and put people in touch with car-bullet-proofing services if they need it for tonight.

Cheers

Hope we do better in this comp than we did last year.

EFLTrophy.jpg

Regardless, we can't really tell Kenya Wanyama's not fit enough to play only to then play him ourselves. Especially as unlike the Asian Games we're obliged to release him for this.

Back
Top Bottom