Crazy January matches comin up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've got to give it our all in every game, but it's going to test our squad depth and Antonio's ability to rotate to the hilt - let's hope everyone is up to the challenge.

Playing Chelsea three times in a month is probably really good training for the team.

From February onwards it will feel like playing pool having played snooker for a bit.

Bang! Pow!

Has to start a couple of of the under 23s against Morecambe imo. At home, half empty ground, an opposition team that our youngsters should be a level above.

For me Harvey white and Markanday are really due a run out. If not they are wasting a year of development if not being loaned out. Especially with no European football now.

Not sure if Markanday has been training with the seniors? I know white has.

Chelsea have injuries and problems in camp we should really have a go at them. Woolwich could end up being the hardest game as they are in their best period of the season.

I think we’ll have a re-arranged PL game midweek between goons and Chelsea
If we do, we simply MUST take advantage...

Basically, our next 5/6 games are all gonna be either knockout cup matches, games in hand, or 6-pointers!

You can't say it's not in our own hands!!

Has to start a couple of of the under 23s against Morecambe imo. At home, half empty ground, an opposition team that our youngsters should be a level above.

For me Harvey white and Markanday are really due a run out. If not they are wasting a year of development if not being loaned out. Especially with no European football now.

Not sure if Markanday has been training with the seniors? I know white has.
I think Morecambe is the ONLY game we can rotate wholesale....
The Arse/Chelsea games are simply too important to muck about with!!

Given the injuries Chelsea have I would opt for an aggressive fast-paced first game against them. They will then be even weaker in the following two games.
I'm sure they'll manage to raise their game against us ... Everyone else seems to!

It's happened year on year... It's so often 'the best time to play them' as they have injuries/poor form etc, yet it's NEVER the best time to play them... 1982 was a pretty good time to play them mind you!!

if we can restrict chelsea to a draw or even us winning 1-0 away i have no doubt we win at home

we seem to play better against the big sides when they come at us under conte like liverpool

morecambe we should play our reserves and still win

Woolwich is the hardest fixture of that lot but we are at home and should win it

In terms of dealing with fixture list, we need to rotate wisely.

Possibly:

vs Chelsea 5th Jan
Lloris
Emerson Tanganga Dier Davies Reguilon
Winks Lo Celso
Lucas Kane Gil

vs Morecambe 9th Jan
Gollini
Doherty Tanganga Rodon Sessegnon
Ndombele Winks Hojbjerg
Bergwijn Markanday Dele

vs Chelsea 12th Jan
Lloris
Emerson Sanchez Dier Davies Sessegnon
Skipp Lo Celso
Bergwijn Kane Son

vs Woolwich 16th Jan
Lloris
Emerson Sanchez Dier Davies Reguilon
Hojbjerg Skipp
Lucas Kane Son
If Gollini is on the way out, then perhaps use Austin against Morecambe.

4Wed05/01/202219:45CHELSEA EFLA
1Sun09/01/202214:00MORECAMBE FAH
5Wed12/01/202219:45CHELSEA EFLH
19Sun16/01/202216:30ARSE-NALH
20Sun23/01/202216:30CHELSEAA

Thursday 6th January

EFL CUP

• Arsenal19:45Liverpool

Sunday 9th January

THE FA CUP

• Nottingham Forest17:10Arsenal

Thursday 13th January

EFL CUP

• Liverpool19:45Arsenal

Sunday 16th January

PREMIER LEAGUE

• Tottenham Hotspur16:30Arsenal

The EPL game v Arse-nal will be season defining.

For Morecambe wouldn’t mind something like the below

Lloris
Tanganga Dier Rodon
Bergwijn Lo Celso Winks Ndombele Regulion
Lucas Gil

Back
Top Bottom