Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I've read online he isn't that good in a back 4, needs to be central in a back 3, also his passing isn't great and picks up alot of yellows

That's why I said he reminds me of Sanchez
Half Baked Boo GIF

Yes, I know that's the root of Poch's dissatisfaction. But that doesn't mean he can't go to his DoF and say "this is my kind of CB".
He probably did, and then Leonardo turned around and said “Romero eh? yeeeeahhh we’ll put him in the maybe pile…ohhh what about Sergio Ramos though? Yeah let’s sign him let’s sign him!!!

From what I have seen of him he is bloody strong for his size. He will have no problems adapting to the physicality of the EPL. I like him. Proper defender.

Romero is such an aggressive front foot defender, and Argentinian, that I'm amazed Poch isn't all over this, trying to sign him for PSG.

But having signed Ramos to play alongside Kimpembe, and with Marquinos also able to play at the back as well as DM, thankfully they're probably set at CB.
Ramos has gone to PSG?

Romero is such an aggressive front foot defender, and Argentinian, that I'm amazed Poch isn't all over this, trying to sign him for PSG.

But having signed Ramos to play alongside Kimpembe, and with Marquinos also able to play at the back as well as DM, thankfully they're probably set at CB.
But Kimpembe is utter shit

Kimpembe is better than any CB we have or are likely to get.
Not from what I've seen. Dogshit positional sense and is emotionally troubled by any sniff of occasion. Actually one of the most shit defenders playing in the top flight. And you're a disgrace to your family for speaking out of turn like that. Fuck sake, son

Kipembe is better than everything we got, true. But that's not some incredible accomplishment.
Kimpembe would be a walking red card in England.

He's incredibly easy to anger based on what I have seen of him. A very promising defender but he needs to learn how to chill.

This transfer excites me but looking into it he may not be the superstar we all want

Would be nice to have an opinion of him from someone that watches him alot

Seria A defender of the year apparently..... Presumably voted for by people who watch that league a fair bit.

Every transfer has an element of risk.
If it's someone from another country, it's going to be a gamble if they and their families settle in London.
Even if they have a decent PL record, there's no guarantee that they will perform as successfully in another team.
I don't know if Romero is the answer, but we have to take a punt on a CB as a matter of urgency, otherwise we are relying on Dier, Rodon, Sanchez and Tanganga - stuff of nightmares, if I'm honest!

Back
Top Bottom