Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Romero deal is actually why I'm completely convinced Paratici is corrupt.

Getting a 50m worth player on loan with an OPTION to buy is dodgy beyond belief that offers absolutely zero benefit to the selling club

It's the only way we were allowed to buy him in the same window that Atalanta bought him from Juve.

minus a reduction of wage bill which isn't really a benefit when you're losing a quality player.

Only benefit? ........You mean apart from a swift £35m profit on a player who may not have repeated his form the following season.

I'd say getting injured for half a season before you've had a chance to learn where your parking spot is, is pretty disastrous.

A season is August - May = 9 months...... 2-3 months out is far from "half a season".

Besides; players pick up hamstring probs.... It's a classic footballer injury.

I desperately hope I'm wrong about him, but just feel likel I've seen this story too many times before.

See, this is the thing though.... You are under no compulsion to get your crystal ball out and call him a disaster.

There's no prizes for 'calling it first'.

It's the only way we were allowed to buy him in the same window that Atalanta bought him from Juve.

Only benefit? ........You mean apart from a swift £35m profit on a player who may not anything.have repeated his form the following season.
what? it's an option? what swift 35m profit?

we could just say "nah we don't like him anymore" and send him back at the end of the season without paying them .

you get the difference between option to buy and obligation to buy right?

what? it's an option?

Yes, and without that option we'd have likely bargained to a lower price.

what swift 35m profit?

50m - 16m paid = 34m profit.

Serie A is pretty cash strapped atm....

we could just say "nah we don't like him anymore" and send him back at the end of the season without paying them .

you get the difference between option to buy and obligation to buy right?

Yes thanks..... (See above)

Plenty of players were moved on loans and options last summer (and the year before that)..... Clubs are juggling finance and cash flow more than ever thanks to covid.

e.g. Chavs got Saul on loan (who also had a mooted price-tag of 50m) and neither they or Atletico are short of a few quid.

You said you are "completely convinced" that Paraticci is corrupt..... Playing 'detective' is funky and all that; but your certainty isn't based on anything particularly solid.

Last edited:
Yes, and without that option we'd have likely bargained to a lower price.

50m - 16m paid = 34m profit.

Serie A is pretty cash strapped atm....

Yes thanks..... (See above)

Plenty of players were moved on loans and options last summer (and the year before that)..... Clubs are juggling finance and cash flow more than ever thanks to covid.

e.g. Chavs got Saul on loan (who also had a mooted price-tag of 50m) and neither they or Atletico are short of a few quid.

You said you are "completely convinced" that Paraticci is corrupt..... Playing 'detective' is funky and all that; but your certainty isn't based anything particularly solid.
I dare say it's about as solid as liquid ice!

The sooner he is back, the better, IMO.

Miss U GIF by MOODMAN

Think the financial crisis has badly hit Spanish and Italian teams so that players that would normally be snapped up by the likes of Barca and Juventus have money wise nowhere to go making us comparatively rich barstards unless a bigger English club moves in.
Your interpretation is correct but Romero is a special case. Juventus took him from Genoa for € 26 million and left him on loan to Genoa. In the meantime, I bought De Light and Demiral (in addition to having Bonucci is Chiellini). At this point he lent Romero to Atalanta with the right of redemption for a sum of less than € 26m. I think € 18 million. Atalanta realized they had made the deal and sold it to you for a very high price. Among other things, it now seems that De Light may leave at the end of the season: the "dance" of that disgusting character who is Raiola has begun ...

A friend of mine who is a Genoa fan had warned me about Romero: Juventus made a gross mistake

Your interpretation is correct but Romero is a special case. Juventus took him from Genoa for € 26 million and left him on loan to Genoa. In the meantime, I bought De Light and Demiral (in addition to having Bonucci is Chiellini). At this point he lent Romero to Atalanta with the right of redemption for a sum of less than € 26m. I think € 18 million. Atalanta realized they had made the deal and sold it to you for a very high price. Among other things, it now seems that De Light may leave at the end of the season: the "dance" of that disgusting character who is Raiola has begun ...

A friend of mine who is a Genoa fan had warned me about Romero: Juventus made a gross mistake

Romero looks absolute quality. Basically a young Vertoghen, quick, aggressive and skilful on the ball but a bit rash sometimes. He was Serie A defender of the year last season, I think it probably was a mistake for Juventus not to end up with him but obviously our gain.

Hopefully Paulo Montero - one of my favourite ever players, the psycho
Montero is great. In recent years, many details have leaked about his "issues". When Zidane at Juventus struggled to emerge some of the ultras began to annoy the Frenchman: Montero threatened the ultras to defend Zidane. It was very moving when Pessotto attempted suicide. Montero arrived from South America and left only when his friend recovered, yet they were now former teammates. From here we understand the cement of Lippi's Juventus, a very united group

fogueres fogueres seen as we are now an Italian club with Conte and Paratici. Who would you recommend we buy from Serie A looking at at least 1 midfielder, 1 striker and maybe 1 defender.

Montero is great. In recent years, many details have leaked about his "issues". When Zidane at Juventus struggled to emerge some of the ultras began to annoy the Frenchman: Montero threatened the ultras to defend Zidane. It was very moving when Pessotto attempted suicide. Montero arrived from South America and left only when his friend recovered, yet they were now former teammates. From here we understand the cement of Lippi's Juventus, a very united group

Always appreciate your translation and insight...

Back
Top Bottom