Cristiano Ronaldo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would have thought he would be when you factor in image rights etc? Unless he has none of that?

Probably but his basic shouldn't be dwarfed by inferior players, considering his importance to Real as a brand as well.

Ramsingh said:
They paid £80,000,000 so will only sell for what £60-70M
What clubs can afford that?

Barcelona
Arseanal
Bayern Munich
Chelsea
Schalke 04
Manchester City (Technically they're running at a -£123m loss, but they have the chairman who could pump money into the club)

Technically all these clubs have the money to spend £60-70m on Ronaldo but I doubt any of them would with the exception to Bayern Munich, Chelsea and City.
(Information from TheRichest.org/sports)

Are Schalke rich? thought all the German clubs were basically stopped from spending silly money, so would count out Bayern as well. No way can Woolwich afford anywhere near that. You missed out PSG

Dru said:
Belgian Spur said:
Ibra earns more than he does , he accepted it when it was only Eto'o but now all these lesser football players get paid more than him , even Kompany, Tevez and Toure earn more than he does i believe (only club wages , not sponsoring included)

Must be about the money

Always is these days isnt it?

money-and-boy-animated.gif

linnet_spur said:
Thelonious said:
If he's genuinely depressed he might leave football altogether (for a period).

He's such a mardy bastard, it seems he's on his period most the time anyway.
Regardless, depression is a serious issue, if he genuinely is I hope the footballing fraternity give him all the help he needs.

Thelonious said:
linnet_spur said:
Thelonious said:
If he's genuinely depressed he might leave football altogether (for a period).

He's such a mardy bastard, it seems he's on his period most the time anyway.
Regardless, depression is a serious issue, if he genuinely is I hope the footballing fraternity give him all the help he needs.

Lots of people would say : what has he got to be depressed about , but they dont realise it doesnt work that way. We dont know how his own private micro cosmos works , who knows that he has finally caved in under the pressure he and the outside world put on his shoulders. Egomaniac perfectionists are very vulnerable to depression.

He wouldn't be the first person at the height of their profession to suffer from it, pressure amongst other things affects everyone.

But the rumours I've seen elsewhere have it nothing to do with anything like that, apparently City have been sniffing and Perez has completely blocked it, which has pissed him off.

linnet_spur said:
He wouldn't be the first person at the height of their profession to suffer from it, pressure amongst other things affects everyone.

But the rumours I've seen elsewhere have it nothing to do with anything like that, apparently City have been sniffing and Perez has completely blocked it, which has pissed him off.

I accept that the immense pressure to succeed can get to him but he's in a pretty fortunate position where if he wants he just fuck it all off and go and live in exile comfortably.

Where has the depression thing come into it? He said himself " its a professional thing Real know why I am not happy"

Surely that indicates more a money/contract/place in the team situation?

Dru said:
Where has the depression thing come into it? He said himself " its a professional thing Real know why I am not happy"

Surely that indicates more a money/contract/place in the team situation?
The tweet in the OP mentions depression, if he is depressed, then I hope he gets better. If (what seems more likely) he wants parity with the best players in the world then fair enough although he's gone about it in a cunty way.

City linked with 95M bid....please let it happen. There has to be an implosion, and I dont care if they win 10 titles before it happens.

It will be so fucking worth it.

Back
Top Bottom