Cristiano Ronaldo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems slightly odd to me that all of these stories have only materialized after he's left Real Madrid

Any chance they were somehow suppressing them or knew they were coming?

I don't think they could have actively suppressed them. But given the timing of it just before his move there they were probably aware of the allegation and the settlement, and given the #MeToo stuff with so many of these cases becoming public after years they may well have guessed this would happen.

I don't think they could have actively suppressed them. But given the timing of it just before his move there they were probably aware of the allegation and the settlement, and given the #MeToo stuff with so many of these cases becoming public after years they may well have guessed this would happen.
I think you are giving Madrid too much credit.

Seems slightly odd to me that all of these stories have only materialized after he's left Real Madrid

Any chance they were somehow suppressing them or knew they were coming?

My gut instinct as soon as i heard....

Garreff wasn't exactly showing signs of expecting him to leave after thr CL final.

Seems a bit excessive.

My personal and completely uninformed opinion is that I could imagine him being guilty. He seems like a smarmy, egotistical prick who might feel he was untouchable. But that’s all it is...opinion.

At the moment this is an accusation (albeit one that sounds particularly dodgy). Let’s assume for a moment that he’s innocent, and that he paid out some cash to stop her lying to the press (in essence, blackmail). Companies like EA removing his images from their website seems wrong to me. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Do36edKWwAAhTwM.jpg

Seems a bit excessive.

My personal and completely uninformed opinion is that I could imagine him being guilty. He seems like a smarmy, egotistical prick who might feel he was untouchable. But that’s all it is...opinion.

At the moment this is an accusation (albeit one that sounds particularly dodgy). Let’s assume for a moment that he’s innocent, and that he paid out some cash to stop her lying to the press (in essence, blackmail). Companies like EA removing his images from their website seems wrong to me. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

that has gone out of the windoow since weinstein and me too

that has gone out of the windoow since weinstein and me too

It’s quite scary. I’d heard negative stuff about Kevin Spacey years ago, so the accusations are probably true, but his career is over without a trial or evidence.

I remember an interview with Matthew Kelly where he talked about being wrongly accused of being a paedo. He said that as soon as the papers ran with it, his career was finished because mud sticks.

Having said all that, Greasy Ron definitely looks like a rapist.

It really isn’t. In the court of public opinion, perhaps, but not in actual real court
apart from the ones that the rozzers are having to have another look at cos they held back evidence as part of the disclosure process.

we have now had a couple of cases where there was no conviction in a criminal court but success in a civil court. I find that kinda scary

apart from the ones that the rozzers are having to have another look at cos they held back evidence as part of the disclosure process.
I’m not quite following ... that’s a good thing isn’t it?

Or am I misunderstanding your point?

we have now had a couple of cases where there was no conviction in a criminal court but success in a civil court. I find that kinda scary
Like OJ Simpson?

I don’t know anything about that. Perhaps you can cite the cases & let’s take a look. The criminal justice system sometimes fail us & if evidence can be presented to, & some kind of justice served in, civil court then it’s better than nothing

Suffice to say it doesn’t scare me in the slightest, again as per your 1st paragraph actually quite the opposite

I’m not quite following ... that’s a good thing isn’t it?

Or am I misunderstanding your point?

Like OJ Simpson?

I don’t know anything about that. Perhaps you can cite the cases & let’s take a look. The criminal justice system sometimes fail us & if evidence can be presented to, & some kind of justice served in, civil court then it’s better than nothing

Suffice to say it doesn’t scare me in the slightest, again as per your 1st paragraph actually quite the opposite
the fact that the rozzers were FORCED to go back and look at cases because a couple collapsed due to a lack discloure is not a good thing: They shouldn't be withholding evidence in the first place.

civil cases when there has been no prosecution/prosecution was not successful:

Court rules two footballers are rapists

Woman sues man cleared of raping her

I’ve had justice says ‘victim’ as soldier cleared of rape is ordered to pay her £100,000

bear in mind that Civil cases require a lower standard of proof than criminal proceedings

I'll explain it better. They are reporting crimes to CR7. I don’t know how true the violence in Las Vegas is. What is clear is that everything came out after the departure from Real Madrid (and the fact happened in 2009, the summer of the transition from Manchester United to Real Madrid). Yet the Me Too is from October 2017: 1 year ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom