Cristiano Ronaldo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SSN reporting that a court order has been issued against Ronaldo for the rape allegations to get his DNA, also the woman in question has waived her right to anonymity.

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation: lawyer confirms police have issued warrant for DNA

fogueres fogueres
Her waiving her right to anonymity makes me suspicious of the claim, I'm not sure if that's shitty victim-blaming culture that makes me a bad person or what - but that's my honest gut reaction.

I can only think of 2 reasons a rape victim would want to not remain anonymous. 1 is they believe the authorities are botching/burying the investigation and want to be in the public eye putting pressure on the case to move forward in an honest manner (which doesn't seem to be the case as LVPD seems to be going about this case in a thorough and careful manner). The other, obviously, is the attention that such notoriety brings and the ability to spin that into personal gain.

Apparently there was an agreement and he paid her off, so there had to be something there. But then, cynically and possibly making me a terrible person again, she's a model whose professional value is directly tied to the ability to attract attention in the public forum...what better way to get publicity?

I dunno, its fucked up. Could definitely see Ronaldo being guilty, but could also easily see this being a similar sort of case to Kobe's. And can see the motive for him to just pay her to avoid the attention originally, $350k is probably 1 day's income or less to him (including endorsements).

If someone said they were going to accuse a person of an act they knew would be difficult and greatly inconvenient to defend themselves from if they didn't give cough up a couple hundred bucks, a lot of peolle probably just hand them the money to go the fuck away. Especially if that person's livelihood is strong derivative of public opinion of them.

This is the problem with #MeToo and social media justice system. Being accused is very damaging, in it's own, and there's really no skin in the game for many false accusers.

Her waiving her right to anonymity makes me suspicious of the claim, I'm not sure if that's shitty victim-blaming culture that makes me a bad person or what - but that's my honest gut reaction.

I can only think of 2 reasons a rape victim would want to not remain anonymous. 1 is they believe the authorities are botching/burying the investigation and want to be in the public eye putting pressure on the case to move forward in an honest manner (which doesn't seem to be the case as LVPD seems to be going about this case in a thorough and careful manner). The other, obviously, is the attention that such notoriety brings and the ability to spin that into personal gain.

Apparently there was an agreement and he paid her off, so there had to be something there. But then, cynically and possibly making me a terrible person again, she's a model whose professional value is directly tied to the ability to attract attention in the public forum...what better way to get publicity?

I dunno, its fucked up. Could definitely see Ronaldo being guilty, but could also easily see this being a similar sort of case to Kobe's. And can see the motive for him to just pay her to avoid the attention originally, $350k is probably 1 day's income or less to him (including endorsements).

If someone said they were going to accuse a person of an act they knew would be difficult and greatly inconvenient to defend themselves from if they didn't give cough up a couple hundred bucks, a lot of peolle probably just hand them the money to go the fuck away. Especially if that person's livelihood is strong derivative of public opinion of them.

This is the problem with #MeToo and social media justice system. Being accused is very damaging, in it's own, and there's really no skin in the game for many false accusers.

It’s certainly a complicated issue.

I come at it from the opposite perspective. Greasy Ron just seems a bit rapey, and I could understand why a victim might accept a lot of cash to make it go away, then maybe later decide to press charges after trying to mentally process what happened to them.

Maybe a percentage of someone’s salary should go to the victim if they’re found guilty (obviously doesn’t work for the unemployed or poor, but it’s an idea). Might help avoid people buying their way out of trouble.

I see your point though.

TBH I haven't followed the case that closely, my first and maybe wrong assumption, was akin to yours.
This development has made me wonder whether there's more to it.

If they have issued a warrant for his DNA, then it follows that they must have something for them to compare it with.
Whether this was a case of consensual sex or rape, I don't know, (he said,she said) but as the LVPD have issued a warrant it implies that they think they are grounds for a case, at the very least.

If it goes to trial only then will we know more, not necessarily the truth, just more.

Also the pay-off thing is suspicious on both counts, firstly for the reasons you say and she's after more money/exposure or that he thought he could buy his way out of trouble.

If he is guilty he should be locked up for a long time.

If she is lying, she should be locked up for a long time.

Time will tell.

Not being following this tooooo closely, but doesn't the pay off suggest that there is something to all this?

Also, as a big supporter of the unfairly maligned Victorian art of bertillonage, I have to say that Ronaldo does look like a rapist. I'd pull the lever myself based on this watertight evidence.

Not being following this tooooo closely, but doesn't the pay off suggest that there is something to all this?

Also, as a big supporter of the unfairly maligned Victorian art of bertillonage, I have to say that Ronaldo does look like a rapist. I'd pull the lever myself based on this watertight evidence.
He said it was consensual and the pay off was "hush money"

TBH I haven't followed the case that closely, my first and maybe wrong assumption, was akin to yours.
This development has made me wonder whether there's more to it.

If they have issued a warrant for his DNA, then it follows that they must have something for them to compare it with.
Whether this was a case of consensual sex or rape, I don't know, (he said,she said) but as the LVPD have issued a warrant it implies that they think they are grounds for a case, at the very least.

If it goes to trial only then will we know more, not necessarily the truth, just more.

Also the pay-off thing is suspicious on both counts, firstly for the reasons you say and she's after more money/exposure or that he thought he could buy his way out of trouble.

If he is guilty he should be locked up for a long time.

If she is lying, she should be locked up for a long time.

Time will tell.
She apparently went to the hospital afterwards, so they'll have the results of that testing. Though many times this evidence is really only evidence of sexual intercourse, so it's still he said/she said regarding consent without other evidence.

It's probably why she got the payoff, whether it was consensual or not. In Greasy Ron's shoes (assuming innocence, as that's a staple of democratic justice), a woman he had intercourse with (potentially rough, potentially intoxicated) has a lawyer dial him up and explain she's been the hospital and had a rape kit done and intends to press charges. He knows she has his DNA and there's no other evidence either way. The options are sign a check for what is in comparison $1-500 for you and me, or have her press charges which puts the story in the press damaging his reputation (which is what he makes the majority of his money on via endorsements) and risking conviction in a very circumstantial evidentiary trial.

To me the payoff is only proof of sexual contact. The fact that the sum is so low, comparative to Ron's net worth and income, leads me to believe she didn't have a very compelling case beyond the hospital exam that proved little. If she had good evidence to support rape, surely she presses for more considering Ron makes $100M+ in salary and endorsements per year?

She apparently went to the hospital afterwards, so they'll have the results of that testing. Though many times this evidence is really only evidence of sexual intercourse, so it's still he said/she said regarding consent without other evidence.

It's probably why she got the payoff, whether it was consensual or not. In Greasy Ron's shoes (assuming innocence, as that's a staple of democratic justice), a woman he had intercourse with (potentially rough, potentially intoxicated) has a lawyer dial him up and explain she's been the hospital and had a rape kit done and intends to press charges. He knows she has his DNA and there's no other evidence either way. The options are sign a check for what is in comparison $1-500 for you and me, or have her press charges which puts the story in the press damaging his reputation (which is what he makes the majority of his money on via endorsements) and risking conviction in a very circumstantial evidentiary trial.

To me the payoff is only proof of sexual contact. The fact that the sum is so low, comparative to Ron's net worth and income, leads me to believe she didn't have a very compelling case beyond the hospital exam that proved little. If she had good evidence to support rape, surely she presses for more considering Ron makes $100M+ in salary and endorsements per year?
Yeah, put like that it does seem a very dodgy allegation.

It seems to be a regular thing in the USA, pay off and then allegations later.

To be honest, if Greasy Ron raped me I’d probably consider a payoff of £300k. It’s still a lot of money, and if you aren’t already rich you probably wouldn’t risk that offer by demanding more.

Perhaps we should do a poll?

‘Would you accept a raping from Greasy Ron for £300k?’. Yes or No.

Probably not in great taste, but very little is on TFC.
There's no way I'd accept £300k to be raped by Ron. It's a big chunk, but it isn't life changing. After taxes you're talking about paying off some personal debt in most cases. Financially speaking, the best use of the money (for me personally) would be additional investment towards retirement. I just ran the rough numbers through my calculator and am currently on track to retire at 62. The rape infusion would accelerate that to the same standard of retirement at 53. To me, I'd rather work for 9 extra years and never be raped.

I imagine it all depends on what your standard of living is. If you're at or below the poverty line £300k could be entirely life changing and therefore it may be worth it.

There's no way I'd accept £300k to be raped by Ron. It's a big chunk, but it isn't life changing. After taxes you're talking about paying off some personal debt in most cases. Financially speaking, the best use of the money (for me personally) would be additional investment towards retirement. I just ran the rough numbers through my calculator and am currently on track to retire at 62. The rape infusion would accelerate that to the same standard of retirement at 53. To me, I'd rather work for 9 extra years and never be raped.

I imagine it all depends on what your standard of living is. If you're at or below the poverty line £300k could be entirely life changing and therefore it may be worth it.

It would make a difference to me, but in reality I’d probably need to spend more than that on therapy to recover from just meeting the greasy bastard, let alone being sexually assaulted by him.

I think it’s an interesting philosophical question though. At what point does it become ‘worth it’? If Trump offered you a billion dollars to have his way with you, would you take it (in both senses)? I”d probably need to see the cash first.

Back
Top Bottom