CSKA v Tottenham Hotspur - Champions League 27th Sept 2016 - 19-45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mate. Immediately after and during a game you want to replenish stores as quickly as possible. High GI food such as white bread, pasta, pizza and then lollies and chocolate will do that. After an hour you bring the GI level down. Why do you think cyclists, tennis players etc consume bananas, gels and soft drinks both during and immediately after events? If you deplete your stocks then high carb foods aren't going to have much of an affect on you. Athletes also carb load before competition to increase their glycogen and glucose levels.
I never said you shouldn't eat sweet things - just no processed / refined crap. You need to distinguish between goo and bad carbs though

Tennis players eat bananas during games mostly for potassium (also take energy gels)

Not at all. After a match they need to restore their body sugar stores to pre-game levels in very small time periods. Thus, they have to eat a shit-load of carbohydrate-rich food, hence the large quantities of bread. There will also likely be pasta, fruit and lollies/chocolate. Maybe coke (soft drink) or other hypertonic drinks.

If they don't eat within 30 mins to an hour after the game it takes the body longer to replenish its stores which increases the length of recovery time; affecting training and future matches as well as increasing the likelihood of injury/muscle soreness.

The food on offer there is perfect for post-match meals
I like to have a kebab and a couple of pints after a game, is that on the list as well?

I never said you shouldn't eat sweet things - just no processed / refined crap. You need to distinguish between goo and bad carbs though

Tennis players eat bananas during games mostly for potassium (also take energy gels)
Obviously you don't want to consume the processing equivalent of street cocaine but athletes will still drink things like coke for the relatively instant sugar-hit. You can't be drinking it everyday of the week though. Only when high GI is required (after training maybe and during and after matches). But yes i guess youree right in that case, minimal bad carbs would be generally preferred.

Hoping everyone got back ok.
Haven't heard of any trouble on the news (and let's face it, Sky/BBC would be the first to report - with glee - so much as a glass of vodka being spilt!!)

Did anyone else think the ref was completely shit?
There was one incident in the 60th minute when Eriksen was fouled just outside the box, He blew his whistle stopped an pointed to the spot where the incident took place.
Lamela and Eriksen thought they had been given a free kick. Yet CSKA players just ran off with the ball, and he followed them. It was about a second before Eriksen and Lamlea both realised what had happened. They nearly scored.
There were other baffling decisions to numerous to go into. But this perplexes me.
I have sat here and watched it about 5-10 times and still can't work out what the cunt was doing.
1. He blew up, pointed to where the foul had taken place.
2. You'd assume that meant he was giving us a free kick or he'd point the other way.
3. If he gave them a free kick why did he allow them to carry on. The ball was still in play. It wasn't motionless.
4. If he didn't give a free kick and played advantage for them, why did he blow his whistle and point? He never waved play on.

It was as if because they just ignored him he decided to turn around and make out he didn't say anything, and jogged on behind them.

Someone mentioned it before but Toby's hockey assist to Lamela for Son's goal was a peach. It's not the first time either as he does it several times a game, usually a long diagonal that falls perfectly into a teammate's lap. Given his knack for scoring headers as well Toby would be an amazing player even if he was just mediocre at defending, which we know is not the case. If anyone is next to book their ticket on the Tottenham-Real Express I think it would be him. He just oozes class.

There was one incident in the 60th minute when Eriksen was fouled just outside the box, He blew his whistle stopped an pointed to the spot where the incident took place.
Lamela and Eriksen thought they had been given a free kick. Yet CSKA players just ran off with the ball, and he followed them. It was about a second before Eriksen and Lamlea both realised what had happened. They nearly scored.
There were other baffling decisions to numerous to go into. But this perplexes me.
I have sat here and watched it about 5-10 times and still can't work out what the cunt was doing.
2. You'd assume that meant he was giving us a free kick or he'd point the other way.
3. If he gave them a free kick why did he allow them to carry on. The ball was still in play. It wasn't motionless.
4. If he didn't give a free kick and played advantage for them, why did he blow his whistle and point? He never waved play on.

It was as if because they just ignored him he decided to turn around and make out he didn't say anything, and jogged on behind them.

Agreed, the ref was horrendous. Top, top (non)call from the linesman though so on the weight of it can't be too upset I guess.

That guy in the bottom left is cheating, he's wearing a red and blue scarf and a woolly jumper...checks the close-up....Oh...
5407.jpg

The ref gave us fuck all the whole game - I lost count of the amount of tug backs, shirt pulling, late tackles and general grappling that went unpunished. The major surprise for me was that he didn't give an offside decision on Son's goal, he clearly wanted the Russians to pick up a result.

Good to see 3 ex Spurs men on the BT panel rather than the scum men on Sky

Who (rather conveniently) instantly turned into 2 ex-England managers & ex-England International Jermaine Jenas immediately after the game, so they could spend the whole post-match analysis talking about fucking Sam Allardyce rather than Spurs!!

(Not that they were talking about actually fucking Sam Allardyce... perish the thought... He kinda fucked himself!) But you know what I mean!

Anyone notice more pushing it to Jansen with his back to the goal then trying to lay off to the midfilders? Very Andy Carroll-ish.

Not seen this tactic much from the Spurs

:pochsmirk:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom