cunts who are goons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unreal. As if that wasn't bad enough, he's just published another piece, the gist of which is him defending his decision to switch teams. As much as I hate Woolwich fans, at least they all universally condemn this idiot. The man has no clue about football, or what it means to be a fan. Even Piers Morgan thinks he's an a-hole. In case you're not convinced, here's a choice sample from the article (dumbest part emphasised in bold):

"According to the vast majority of my abusers, my crime was not my support for the embattled Wenger, although it must be said not everyone agreed with my position. Instead, my crime was switching allegiance from supporting Manchester United to supporting Woolwich. Or, at least, admitting to it.

The concept of doing such a thing was, and continues to be, mind-blowing for the Twitter intelligentsia. Unthinkable. The rage I encountered made that obvious. But maddeningly, for me, not one single person of the thousands who took the time to send vitriol my way explained why what I had done was so bad. No one bothered to tell me why it is not alright to choose to change the football team you support. I’d genuinely love to know.

The more I think about it, the more obvious it seems football clubs in this country and around the world are pulling off the greatest legal con job in the history of commerce."

If you don't know the answer to this question, then you should probably pick another sport.

Unreal. As if that wasn't bad enough, he's just published another piece, the gist of which is him defending his decision to switch teams. As much as I hate Woolwich fans, at least they all universally condemn this idiot. The man has no clue about football, or what it means to be a fan. Even Piers Morgan thinks he's an a-hole. In case you're not convinced, here's a choice sample from the article (dumbest part emphasised in bold):

"According to the vast majority of my abusers, my crime was not my support for the embattled Wenger, although it must be said not everyone agreed with my position. Instead, my crime was switching allegiance from supporting Manchester United to supporting Woolwich. Or, at least, admitting to it.

The concept of doing such a thing was, and continues to be, mind-blowing for the Twitter intelligentsia. Unthinkable. The rage I encountered made that obvious. But maddeningly, for me, not one single person of the thousands who took the time to send vitriol my way explained why what I had done was so bad. No one bothered to tell me why it is not alright to choose to change the football team you support. I’d genuinely love to know.

The more I think about it, the more obvious it seems football clubs in this country and around the world are pulling off the greatest legal con job in the history of commerce."

If you don't know the answer to this question, then you should probably pick another sport.
It must be something to do with red. Next stop Liverpool.

My ex switched from the Spammers to us when he met me. Should have realised then, that if you can cheat on your football team, then cheating on your wife would not cause any sleepless nights!
Any genuine supporter would not change teams after the age of 10.

I know four people who switched teams, either in their 20s or 30s.

United to Woolwich

Newcastle to United

Liverpool to Bristol City

United to Spurs

That last one was a shock. An old childhood close friend of mine who used to take the piss out of me for supporting Spurs. Now he’s a season ticket holder.

I know four people who switched teams, either in their 20s or 30s.

United to Woolwich

Newcastle to United

Liverpool to Bristol City

United to Spurs

That last one was a shock. An old childhood close friend of mine who used to take the piss out of me for supporting Spurs. Now he’s a season ticket holder.
My dad switches which team he follows on a semi regular basis. But that's because his Premier League watching is the definition of casual. He finds a team he thinks plays fun football, watches them for a couple of games, then moves on to the next. At least he doesn't buy a supporter club membership for each one.

He is a La Liga man mainly.

But yeah, Grown people who knowingly switches allegiance is just weird

I GENUINELY don't get the point of switching allegiance...

Unless you were forced at knifepoint as a child to 'support' a particupar club against your will... most club allegiances are either handed down (like it or not) through generations... some are down to local Geography, (which may become more difficult if you move away from thexarea..) or chosen (rightly or wrongly) as a youngster... but you still SUPPORT and FOLLOW that team!

Of course there are other reasons to follow a particular team... but changing the club you support part way through life, simply 'cos you don't like the way things are going during any given season, says more about the personality and make-up of the individual than any club they support!

I'd honestly have more respect for a lifelong Gooner (wouldn't have to LIKE him, but if have respect for him) than one who decided to ditch them and start supporting Spurs at the first sign of trouble!

United to Spurs

3GQpv.gif

Back
Top Bottom