Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Evening lads, Pompey fan here.
Just wanna post about our loan signing Dane Scarlett.
What an absolute talent you've gotbon your books. He is absolute quality. The boy has everything, runs with the ball, finds space, takes players on and beats them, can put a 50 yards pass onto a sixpence.
He's already a cult hero at Pompey, we absolutely are lucky to have the boy here.
I read somewhere weeks ago when we loaned him that it's hoped he'd be Harry kanes replacement in future years. Trust me he will be.
Yes I know we're league one, but trust me this boy has got the lot at aged 18.
He'll be prem ready within 2 years in reckon. Hoping pompey get promoted this season because if we do there's a chance we can keep this kid on loan in the championship next season.
Good luck for the season lads, you'll be challenging for the title in reckon.
Dane scarlett is in good hands, we'll look after him for you.

So proud of him, didn't realize he'd just come back from a bad injury! Didn't look out of place at all next to grown men, and his fury at himself at the final whistle for missing a chance or two speaks to a great attitude. Onwards and upwards :thumbup:

EvGY6CNXAAEPAw_

Skipp, Scarlett, Devine, Laviner and let’s not forget Sessegnon is still only 20 we do have a few decent young players around for next season.

You don't get this loan business do you?
It's meant to be beneficial to both parties, in this case Spurs and Portsmouth.
Portsmouth's priority is to get promoted, if Scarlett doesn't play well, he'll be dropped. if he's dropped regularly, he'll end up back at Spurs. It's happened to players in the past, most recently Troy Parrott.

How is Scarlett getting game time in men's football not beneficial for Spurs?

Oh look, some Portsmouth fans thoughts on the players performances so far.

And just from this evening:

So tell me, how (so far) is this loan not beneficial for Portsmouth, him or Spurs?

Stop basing your opinion of an 18 year old on the fact he so far has 0 goals less than a month into the league season when before this season he's never consistently played at any level of mens football and ask yourself your own question.

Do you get this loan business?

Scored 4 goals in an u18 match about 10 days ago v Southampton, including 3 headers.

Dane Scarlett has 12 goal involvements from 8 x u18 league appearances this season (9 goals & 3 assists).

Also the regular E u17 striker and scores goals for them too.

Played in a couple of this years first team pre-season games too.

He's a classic no.9 striker, although not particularly tall he works very hard and can hold the ball up and can link up well with others. Finds space around the box (right time right place so clearly instinctive/trained) and as we saw tonight and in pre-season will have a decent attempt on goal even if he doesn't score - and of course he does score in Spurs youth.

Clearly highly regarded at Spurs, and rightly so. Excellent prospect, hope he gets a chance to train with and learn from Kane in first team training. Definitely one to watch out for his progress

Will not be 17 until next March. Extraordinary. Just needs to keep his head down and keep training and learning.

Last night 8/10 for the local news coverage.

10. Dane Scarlett - 8​

(Replaced by Michael Jacobs on 64 minutes): What a player Pompey have on their hands. Honesty in his hard running in tandem with quality and skill. Thank you Spurs!

Think you couldn’t ask much more of an 18 year old really.

Back
Top Bottom