Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feel a bit sorry for him tonight. His intent is there his movement is good, he's making the runs but nobody is sticking it in there for him. Give him a chance and trust him and pick out his runs ffs.

Feel a bit sorry for him tonight. His intent is there his movement is good, he's making the runs but nobody is sticking it in there for him. Give him a chance and trust him and pick out his runs ffs.
Just don't see it, very often making the wrong runs and going into others channels.
An old opinion but one that's still right a lot of the time. A smaller striker needs pace or skill, I'm trying to work out what he's trying to be.

Just don't see it, very often making the wrong runs and going into others channels.
An old opinion but one that's still right a lot of the time. A smaller striker needs pace or skill, I'm trying to work out what he's trying to be.
I'm very much reserving judgement on the lad, he's too young to be playing these games and he's playing in thrown together teams full of back-up players, but Parrott has a lot more ability than him from what I've seen of the two. Obviously seen much more of Parrott.

I'm very much reserving judgement on the lad, he's too young to be playing these games and he's playing in thrown together teams full of back-up players, but Parrott has a lot more ability than him from what I've seen of the two. Obviously seen much more of Parrott.
I am too, but normally I can see what a player is trying to be even if they are not there yet... I'm struggling.

He should have been given 7-10mins with two of Kane, Lucas, or Son.

Poor man management from Nuno, kid hardly had any chances created for him.

He should never have been put in a position to be our back up striker. He should be playing u21 football. Inept recruitment.
100%, he's a child nowhere near ready for first team football. Those managing our squad recruitment all want firing for incompetence because we have to rely on this kid.

Playing him in the first-team right now is probably doing more harm than good so it's another great job done from Levy/Hitchen and the brains trust that run our footballing operation.

The folk writing him off are silly. He looks like a boy playing mens football which is what he is. He is being miss handled but he has talent. He hasn't even stopped growing.

On Parrott from what I have seen Etete us a better bet to be of use right now. In fact Scarlett lookes alot like Parrott did when thrown in to the mens game the difference being he was older than Dane at the time.

I saw plenty of times he got himself in the right position in front of the defender and just needed a good ball put into a decent area. I think he looks to me to be a goalscorer always looking to get ahead of the defence. Doesn't want too many touches just needs service.

Woolwich played Balogun vs Chelsea. He was lost, hardly had a kick. Heis 19 and highly rated.
Unfair on these lads as they are not ready to play centre forward in the first team. Playing wide you can get away with it but not up front on your own. Mason Greenwood is a centre forward but used out wide at 17 and 18. And he was better than Scarlett is now.

I saw plenty of times he got himself in the right position in front of the defender and just needed a good ball put into a decent area. I think he looks to me to be a goalscorer always looking to get ahead of the defence. Doesn't want too many touches just needs service.
If Kane looks crap in front of our midfield, what chance has Scarlett got.

Some of those I think he should have gone the other way to spit the defense but he went towards our players.

Who do you compare him to?

I have been right (loved kane) and wrong (Cauker) but normally see something.

*I'm not writing him off, want to see something but am struggling

He is clearly not ready for the PL and maybe not even the ECL but it is way too early to judge him as to what he will be going forward.

It is not his fault that he is way too high up the depth chart. There should be at least one, if not two strikers ahead of him and he should be playing next to an experienced striker to help him do the heavy lifting.

Way too early for long term judgements but he looks so much more promising than a guy like Parrott.

Back
Top Bottom