Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You guys are worrying way too much about this, just let him play these matches - they don't matter.

They don't matter but I do worry it'll kill his confidence and he'll never recover.

The problem is, what is the alternative? Back in the academy? The opposition he's failed to deliver against is is no better than Championship so loan to league 1 or 2 for minutes?

the only good it does in reinforce the blatant need for another striker. If we don't sort this is January it will be criminal. We should sign someone and send Scarlett out on loan. If our scouting dept. are too dumb to figure this out then they need lining up and shooting

They don't matter but I do worry it'll kill his confidence and he'll never recover.

The problem is, what is the alternative? Back in the academy? The opposition he's failed to deliver against is is no better than Championship so loan to league 1 or 2 for minutes?
Thats the bonkers bit...Kion Etete could do it . Currently on loan at Northampton Town and at the very least physically able to offer us a presence in these game. Its utterly bizarre squad management.

He’s not ready yet but it’s not his fault the club didn’t buy a striker. We need some experienced striker in Jan and then send him on loan.

BUT these current experiences will be invaluable learning for him, and hopefully will serve him well in the future.

Loan to championship or league one.

Not ready and we must get a new striker in January preferably on loan.
And over the next month I’d rather play the older Markanday who won’t be an improvement but at least isn’t a child. I’d feel less bad for him.

Or Jack Clarke, amazing that he can’t get a sniff when we’re relying on true green kids.

Also FWIW I wouldn’t send Scarlett on loan. PL2 is where he belongs.

I wonder what place if any, Conte sees for Scarlett?
Hopefully gets a few minutes at the end of any games we're comfortably winning (and hopefully we'll get games like that!). He needs to be playing with no pressure at his age, not with an expectation to deliver when we need a goal. Rather him be playing for u23s than not playing at all tbh

Hopefully gets a few minutes at the end of any games we're comfortably winning (and hopefully we'll get games like that!). He needs to be playing with no pressure at his age, not with an expectation to deliver when we need a goal. Rather him be playing for u23s than not playing at all tbh
having watched him a few times now (inc U23) just not sure at present he should be near sub for first team
just not strong enough to play men, hes still a lad so will get stronger, but at the moment don't think he gets anything from playing men

having watched him a few times now (inc U23) just not sure at present he should be near sub for first team
just not strong enough to play men, hes still a lad so will get stronger, but at the moment don't think he gets anything from playing men

Get the impression, because of the hype, from Kane and Mourinho (and his youth record and vids you can see he's legit wonderkid), the club made him promises to fast track into the first team.

Maybe at his detriment at this point, as Markanday would be much more of a likely goal spark, if desperate, and much more meritous to the youth players looking up (the vibe it would sweep down the ranks, if he came on and scored...or set something up with fresh impetus).

he needs time on the pitch, but only 10-20mins not half/full matches
he needs to get used to playing against men
so loan to team that sits midtable (not looking to up or down so no pressure on the manager) that way he should get the mins needed

Absolutely do not believe Conte has told the board he’s happy with Dane as a backup to Kane.
Agree, seems a little far fetched that Conte would be happy with a 17 year old back up as Kane's back up.

The truth is more likely to be that Conte is happy (for now!) for Stevie B to deputise and for Dane to be on the periphery of our pool of 5/6 attackers.

Conte's view of our atackers seems to be quit holistic......

i.e. Kane, Son, Lucas, Berg, Kulu & Dane

rather than

Kane, Dane + Son, Lucas, Berg, Kulu

Back
Top Bottom