Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Parrott scored 2 goals in open play in 10 starts vs Scarletts 3 goals in 4 starts and 3 sub apps.

Also should point out that it was Parrott's 2nd season in League 1 after scoring 2 goals in 13 starts (and 5 sub apps) the season before and it took him 9 starts to get his first goal.

Scarlett is doing very well IMO. I still haven't given up on Parrott either.
Parrott is 20-years-old and cannot seem to perform in the Championship. He may be a PL level footballer some day, but I doubt he'd ever be Spurs level.

Player ratings from PompeyLive GW13

Dane Scarlett - 6​

(Replaced Joe Pigott in 58th minute) Had a great chance to head home Zak Swanson’s cross but sent it wide. Always a threat, though.

*Will post the youth loan ratings in this thread until Parrott back playing

Player ratings from PompeyLive GW14

Dane Scarlett - 6​

(Replaced by Josh Koroma on 54 minutes): Struggled to find a way past Oxford’s two physical centre-halves, yet certainly wasn’t afraid to try.

Player ratings from PompeyLive GW17

Dane Scarlett - 7​

(Replaced by Joe Pigott on 86 minutes): Chased and harried everything, showing excellent desire, yet ball not quite falling for him inside the box at present and doesn’t look like scoring.

1. Subbed off on 86 mins

73 mins - Attempt blocked. Dane Scarlett (Portsmouth) right footed shot from the left side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Connor Ogilvie with a headed pass. (One ex Spur almost assisting a current Spur !)

Really don't see the benefit of hyping up these youngsters too early, if the kid has potential then great. But let them Grow.

Very very few are like the Rooney's of this world.

Loads thought Troy parrot was the second coming of Kane and while he might end up being a good player he's miles off premier league level.

I'm all for giving youth a chance but the over hyping for me doesn't do anything other than inflate egos or add pressure. Unless they're truly exceptional.

Hopefully Dane learns a lot from his loan and gets another next season and continues to improve.

Didn’t have much to feed on yesterday while he was on the pitch other than that chance for his goal. What a great confidence boost to him too. What we do next with him could be quite pivotal for the lad.

I've a funny feeling McKenna may well be managing Scarlett at Spurs in a few years anyway...
So we may well yet get to see if his prediction comes true!!
Perhaps. McKenna seems to be highly rated as a coach, and obviously has a Spurs background.

But I remember when Scott Parker was coaching Skipp in the Academy, and some were suggesting Parker would be managing him in our first team in a few years' time.

Obviously, Scotty's coaching career has been a bit, um, bumpy....

Bit of a toss up though given level vs quality and style of football.

........Can't say I've watched Ipswich, but do they play decent football?
Yeah they play good football and lots of the players ahead of Dane are in good form at the moment with Ipswich having scored the most goals in the league so far. They have pretty decent depth up top so even with a couple of injuries, game time wouldn't be guaranteed. Prob should have gone back to league 1 to fight for a starting spot this year after ending his league 1 loan last year as a squad player

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom