Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Devine was also in this game. Some veeeery silky touches.
Yeah he was good in both games too and scored a lovely goal in the first, seems like everything good went through him. And his link up with Scarlett is lovely, you can tell they click and are both thinkers.

A lot of Nicky Barmby about Devine… hopefully without the homesickness and cradle snatching wife .

Whiteman/Austin, Tanganga, Lavinier, White, John, Devine, Etete, Scarlett, Parrott is one hell of a promising spine to work with and build the future on...

And there's Pape Sarr to come in... Not forgetting that Skipp will be part of the midfield furniture in years to come!
(I've given up on Jack Clarke tbh, and CCV will probably have retired by the time we ever bring him back from his career-long loan deal!!)

But even if only 3 or 4 of this crop actually make it, that's still no mean feat!

Last edited:
If we decide to give Dane a loan next season - MK wouldn’t be a bad shout if they get promoted. Seem to have done a very good job with Troy and they play very good football in a similar system to us.

If we decide to give Dane a loan next season - MK wouldn’t be a bad shout if they get promoted. Seem to have done a very good job with Troy and they play very good football in a similar system to us.

Be surprised to see him at a Championship club as his first loan move.
Skipp made a number of appearance at first team level for spurs before going on loan to a championship side.

See if he features for Spurs pre - season and how he looks at that level.

Excuse Me What GIF by Adopt Me!

Retenez ça : Dane Scarlett va devenir l’un des meilleurs joueurs aux monde
Translation:Remember this: Dane Scarlett will become one of the best players in the world

It's not often that Conte is vocal about young players and I personally rate him big time especially with the improvement in his physique I've noticed recently.

I honestly think next season he'll have earned more minutes from Conte likely early on in the season here and there off the bench and is part of the reason we haven't went in for a striker yet.

Scarlett impresses Kane

By Rob Guest - Tottenham Hotspur Writer
12:06, 29 APR 2022

Tottenham fans desperately want to see more of talented youngster Dane Scarlett in action over the coming months. A regular in the first-team squad in the Premier League this season, the 18-year-old only has one appearance to his name in the league in 2021/22 after coming off the bench against Leeds United.

Spurs do have a very special player on their hands, with Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte both waxing lyrical about the frontman having worked with him. Scarlett certainly knows where the back of net is, demonstrating that in Thursday's training session at Hotspur Way ahead of the Leicester City game.

Involved in a finishing drill with his hero Harry Kane, the young striker netted time and time again from various positions in the session put on by Ryan Mason. Having to turn quickly from a central position to score, Scarlett would then have a ball fed across from the left and then one from the right that he would have to finish off.

In Spurs' latest training video published on their YouTube account on Friday morning, Scarlett nets all three of his attempts in quick succession and it led to a round of applause from Kane (which can be seen at the 2:36 minute mark). The England captain looked very impressed by what he had witnessed from his teammate.

Scarlett Impresses Kane

Why was Kane Impressed ?
No pressure on the attacker is how I start with little kids
in all those practice moves we should have defenders (those defenders could be the coaches or players) put "light" "medium" or "heavy" pressure on the attacker otherwise where is the reality of the match day ? we are not talking about little kids these are pro footballers

I’d like to see him come on and play in the team without first eleven players. Get him on the pitch with Kane and son and see how he clicks. It’s pointless just giving him game time in games that mean nothing. We’ll only see how good he is when he’s got good players around him.

agree most times he has come on its been with second 11 players who don't help him, but he has always looked like a little boy lost to me, he is a young man and should be playing with mins with league 1/2 team getting used to mens football not playing U23 no tackle stuff
stopping the old football combination was a big mistake where do the second 11 get match time ?
could do with a Monday second 11 league where those not used on weekend (+ u23's) play a match

Scarlett impresses Kane

By Rob Guest - Tottenham Hotspur Writer
12:06, 29 APR 2022

Tottenham fans desperately want to see more of talented youngster Dane Scarlett in action over the coming months. A regular in the first-team squad in the Premier League this season, the 18-year-old only has one appearance to his name in the league in 2021/22 after coming off the bench against Leeds United.

Spurs do have a very special player on their hands, with Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte both waxing lyrical about the frontman having worked with him. Scarlett certainly knows where the back of net is, demonstrating that in Thursday's training session at Hotspur Way ahead of the Leicester City game.

Involved in a finishing drill with his hero Harry Kane, the young striker netted time and time again from various positions in the session put on by Ryan Mason. Having to turn quickly from a central position to score, Scarlett would then have a ball fed across from the left and then one from the right that he would have to finish off.

In Spurs' latest training video published on their YouTube account on Friday morning, Scarlett nets all three of his attempts in quick succession and it led to a round of applause from Kane (which can be seen at the 2:36 minute mark). The England captain looked very impressed by what he had witnessed from his teammate.
Having watched that video, my god Gollini is shite.

Back
Top Bottom