Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really? Have you seen the tactical musings of this fellow in other threads? You'd think you were talking to someone who watched every game at least twice. He'll try and argue you down to the very last split hair.

I'm just surprised he's not familiar with Scarlett's style- it's not like he hasn't featured in senior level games for us in years past. Youtube highlight reels are readily available. Why shouldn't I expect someone who carries themself as a hardcore fan to be more familiar with Scarlett's style by now?

Do you know how many frauds and trolls are out there on the internet?
Let It Go Reaction GIF

Highlights

Manager

Manager talking about young players bodes well...

Random Cardiff Forum

I've a strong suspicion that after seeing Dane for an hour last night against a Championship side, the manager has decided to start him in the league and has taken him off to protect him for Cheltenham away on Saturday.

Gave you a like, but removed as every link wanted to allow Facebook to track my iPad…

Cool stuff though, thanks (teasing links aside!)

He's a classic no.9 striker, although not particularly tall he works very hard and can hold the ball up and can link up well with others. Finds space around the box (right time right place so clearly instinctive/trained), right footed but pretty much two footed. Decent header of the ball as well

Works hard, especially in and around penalty box, presses well. Pacey, good technique , decent first touch, very composed, good with back to goal and playing in channels, seems to know instinctively when a chance might come up.

Unlike Kane he doesn't drop deep to pick up the ball and his passing whilst decent is not Kane like

Has usually played up a year for England youth, but always regarded as the best striker in that year group. Regular and prolific scorer and assist maker for both England youth - played for England u19's over the summer, think its 12 goals in 14 games) and Spurs youth (although he's almost bypassed u21's) with 17 goals in 16 Spurs u18 matches.

He's a classic no.9 striker, although not particularly tall he works very hard and can hold the ball up and can link up well with others. Finds space around the box (right time right place so clearly instinctive/trained), right footed but pretty much two footed. Decent header of the ball as well

Works hard, especially in and around penalty box, presses well. Pacey, good technique , decent first touch, very composed, good with back to goal and playing in channels, seems to know instinctively when a chance might come up.

Unlike Kane he doesn't drop deep to pick up the ball and his passing whilst decent is not Kane like

Has usually played up a year for England youth, but always regarded as the best striker in that year group. Regular and prolific scorer and assist maker for both England youth - played for England u19's over the summer, think its 12 goals in 14 games) and Spurs youth (although he's almost bypassed u21's) with 17 goals in 16 Spurs u18 matches.
Great description, thou I don't find him that pacey. In my opinion Dane's more like a cultured Troy Deeney. A real wreckingball in the box. Very excited to see how he progresses.

I’m from the Portsmouth area and was talking to a Pompey season ticket holder tonight. He had no prior knowledge of Dane but says there’s considerable excitement about him amongst their fans and described some of his touches as ‘electric‘ and ‘a different class’ . Does seem to get targeted by the opposition though, but he couldn’t believe he was only 18,

Back
Top Bottom