Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great anticipation/press for the assist (and the french commentary is magnifique!)

My package only gives EPL games so I have to stream the cup games. I try my hardest to find a non english speaking one because it is always so much more interesting. All the English ones do is harp on about pointless stats or trophies then scream the last name of a player to show that it isn't a pre recording. Which is still debatable for Andy Townsend.

My package only gives EPL games so I have to stream the cup games. I try my hardest to find a non english speaking one because it is always so much more interesting. All the English ones do is harp on about pointless stats or trophies then scream the last name of a player to show that it isn't a pre recording. Which is still debatable for Andy Townsend.
I watched the Swedish Eurosport stream and I am fairly certain that the guy they had commentating had never watched a Tottenham game until this season when we entered the competition.

During the second half after Dele had come off the camera cut to Dele and Son joking around on the bench and he went "those two are probably decent friends I think".

Nah, it's not like they have known each other for almost 5 years or such.

During the Ludogorets home game he also managed to mix up Brandon Austin and Alfie Whiteman. Granted neither are regulars for us but they don't exactly look alike.

Woolwich fans etc and rivals on Twitter are posting videos of him supposedly bullying someone as a school boy. Was caught on camera. They just can’t help themselves can they ? Guys had 5 mins of limelight and already the vultures are out. Pathetic and pure jealousy

I watched the Swedish Eurosport stream and I am fairly certain that the guy they had commentating had never watched a Tottenham game until this season when we entered the competition.

During the second half after Dele had come off the camera cut to Dele and Son joking around on the bench and he went "those two are probably decent friends I think".

Nah, it's not like they have known each other for almost 5 years or such.

During the Ludogorets home game he also managed to mix up Brandon Austin and Alfie Whiteman. Granted neither are regulars for us but they don't exactly look alike.

Still better than Jim Beglin wanking over Klopp when they arent even playing or Andy Townsend talking about "spurs DNA" for 90 minutes.

I don't think Mourhino was comparing Scarlett to Rashford on a stylistic basis.

Scarlett is very much a pure no 9, but being played out wide a bit atm just because he's a youngster. Powerful build, can score any type of goal from anywhere, and decent passing range, decent speed but certainly not a speedster from what can be seen so far

Much closer to a Kane style than Rashford who is better as a wide forward than a no 9.

Yeah this.

He's basically saying that like he did with a young Rashford (who was a striker) - he's going to play Scarlett outwide.

He wasn't comparing them stylistically.

Woolwich fans etc and rivals on Twitter are posting videos of him supposedly bullying someone as a school boy. Was caught on camera. They just can’t help themselves can they ? Guys had 5 mins of limelight and already the vultures are out. Pathetic and pure jealousy
Doubt anyone is jealous of him picking on a much tinier kid.

EvGY6CNXAAEPAw_

What a talent we have
It seems he has overtaken even Parrott in the pecking order.
Looking forward to seeing him blossom
We have to remember to be patient with him and not write him off if he has a rough year next season (like many are doing with Troy now).

Kids develop at different rates. Kane was near written off when he debuted for the first team and all that.

I hear what you say but it has not always worked out before. Looking through the threads, everyone I think without exception in the present squad is crap and should be got rid off including Kane and Son. Yet the kids and those on loan, Are wonderful with only positive posts. Some may come good but I find it hard to accept they all will.
Let's not build them up too much only for them to break into the team and then get labelled as crap.

I hear what you say but it has not always worked out before. Looking through the threads, everyone I think without exception in the present squad is crap and should be got rid off including Kane and Son. Yet the kids and those on loan, Are wonderful with only positive posts. Some may come good but I find it hard to accept they all will.
Let's not build them up too much only for them to break into the team and then get labelled as crap.
Fans do routinely overrate youth, it’s the hope that a superstar comes through really and i think it’s common in all fan bases. But it does sometimes happen. Edwards for instance, i never really thought he was that good but many were convinced he was going to be the next Messi including Poch!

Scarlet though, I have to say, looks the real deal to me. It all looks far too easy for him. He has “it” whatever “it” is. He isn’t supposed to be this good at age 16 but somehow he is. I just hope he keeps his head.

It's hard not to get excited.

I really would like to see him get some decent minutes in the PL for the remainder of the season. Half an hour sub appearances at least, then if he does well a start or two. He's not looked out of place or phased for a moment since he's been in and around the first team, whilst Parrott looked a bit lost in his brief appearances.

Back
Top Bottom