Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

don't think he will get enough match time with us, needs to go on line to Div 1 team where he can get 15/20 each week to learn how to play against men, then come back nest season with more football know how

He’s to young for a loan really. Players generally don’t go on loan at 17. Don’t think he’d get regular football even at league 1. Better off hanging round seniors learning off players and loan next season.

He needs to develop a bit. The hype has got a bit much as usual for us with youngsters. Not his fault last night as zero service but he just doesn't have that presence yet. One thing is for sure if we do balls up the Kane situation, (highly likely) it will be laughable if anyone suggests him as the solution this season.

he's not going to learn anything in U18/U23 non contact acadmey football, maybe as Delboy750 says this season training with first team out on loan next season

He's not ready. We do love over hyping our youngsters. If he's going to be on the bench as our only back up striker we are going to have problems.

He needs to develop a bit. The hype has got a bit much as usual for us with youngsters. Not his fault last night as zero service but he just doesn't have that presence yet. One thing is for sure if we do balls up the Kane situation, (highly likely) it will be laughable if anyone suggests him as the solution this season.
If I am being critical, his positioning wasn't good. But has good technique.

Will come good am sure. Only 17!

This lad is clearly nowhere near ready. Got dominated by two journeymen centre halves last night with the minimum of fuss.

Operative words there:

- TWO
- MEN

He's 17 yr old in first competitive senior match who was left to feed on scraps.... And let's be honest; "scraps" is flattering to those around him.

Unfair to judge him if the team behind him can't create a single noteworthy chance (apart from the one for Sess in minute 2).

If I'm him I'm looking at us not signing a striker and licking my lips, if he can get the amount of games the other Kane back ups did at this point in his career it will be vital.

20/21: Vinicius (PL: 9 apps, 3 starts, 1 goal - All comps: 22 apps, 10 starts, 10 goals)
19/20: None
18/19: Llorente (PL: 20 apps, 6 starts, 1 goal - All comps: 35 apps, 11 starts, 8 goals)
17/18: Llorente (PL: 16 apps, 1 start, 1 goal - All comps: 31 apps, 10 starts, 5 goals)
16/17: Janssen (PL: 27 apps, 7 starts, 2 goals) - All comps: 38 apps, 12 starts, 6 goals)
15/16: None
14/15: Soldado (PL: 24 apps, 7 starts, 1 goal - All comps: 40 apps, 18 starts, 6 goals)

I don't think he's ready from what I've seen. I hope he steps up but if he is thrown in at the deep end and sinks it's not his fault and we shouldn't hang him out to dry and make him a scapegoat.

I like to think I’m a good judge of youth talent and I just don’t see it and I’ve watched him a lot. I guess to be England No 9 and in senior set up at 17 he must be showing something in training but I’ve really yet to be wowed by him. I know this might sound harsh at 17, but if I compare to likes of Foden Greenwood Sancho even Sessegnon at 17 he’s absolutely nowhere near. I’ve actually a feeling he won’t really flourish till his early 20s and will be quite an old school physical type of striker. What level that will get him to I’ve no idea. But I really can’t see him having any sort of impact for us in next couple of years. Would rather have seen Markanday come on tonight. By the way I hope I’m totally wrong on this.

I like to think I’m a good judge of youth talent and I just don’t see it and I’ve watched him a lot. I guess to be England No 9 and in senior set up at 17 he must be showing something in training but I’ve really yet to be wowed by him. I know this might sound harsh at 17, but if I compare to likes of Foden Greenwood Sancho even Sessegnon at 17 he’s absolutely nowhere near. I’ve actually a feeling he won’t really flourish till his early 20s and will be quite an old school physical type of striker. What level that will get him to I’ve no idea. But I really can’t see him having any sort of impact for us in next couple of years. Would rather have seen Markanday come on tonight. By the way I hope I’m totally wrong on this.

Put any of those you mentioned into our current side and they would look pretty shit to be fair.

Yeah old school physical striker no obvious gifts...hnmm getting a....no can't think of where I heard this 🤔

Give him time.

Back
Top Bottom