Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like to think I’m a good judge of youth talent and I just don’t see it and I’ve watched him a lot. I guess to be England No 9 and in senior set up at 17 he must be showing something in training but I’ve really yet to be wowed by him. I know this might sound harsh at 17, but if I compare to likes of Foden Greenwood Sancho even Sessegnon at 17 he’s absolutely nowhere near. I’ve actually a feeling he won’t really flourish till his early 20s and will be quite an old school physical type of striker. What level that will get him to I’ve no idea. But I really can’t see him having any sort of impact for us in next couple of years. Would rather have seen Markanday come on tonight. By the way I hope I’m totally wrong on this.
DOB 24/3/2004.
Nuno trusted him tonight. They were an evil bunch and managed to get 2 of our players off injured.
Was he great? No. Was he awful? No.
Great experience for him.

I feel nothing other than sorry for the kid tbh.....

2 games against hungry, physical grown pro's..... vs 2 CBs..... Feeding off of literally nothing....... With newbies or other kids either side of him.

If we were drilling teams and had been slotting him in for the last 30mins in all the group games we'd be doing him a favour.... As it is, I bet he can't wait to get back to the U23s tbh.

Last edited:
I like to think I’m a good judge of youth talent and I just don’t see it and I’ve watched him a lot. I guess to be England No 9 and in senior set up at 17 he must be showing something in training but I’ve really yet to be wowed by him. I know this might sound harsh at 17, but if I compare to likes of Foden Greenwood Sancho even Sessegnon at 17 he’s absolutely nowhere near. I’ve actually a feeling he won’t really flourish till his early 20s and will be quite an old school physical type of striker. What level that will get him to I’ve no idea. But I really can’t see him having any sort of impact for us in next couple of years. Would rather have seen Markanday come on tonight. By the way I hope I’m totally wrong on this.
i know what you mean, he looks very basic and average. you would see some sort of wow factor or spark if there was real star quality there.

look at alfie devine, with him you can see that he has IT!

He’s 17. Llorenete, Vinicius…. Yes even Jansen should be playing these games, not a 17 year old.
Not necessarily some 17 year olds are ready for this level, Rooney, Giggs, Owen, Fowler etc but not this lad.

He needs a bit more time to develop, but we knew that all along so it's on Levy/Hitchen/Paratici/Nuno or whoever is responsible for the squad that we're trusting a kid because we don't have a decent striker to play instead of Kane.

Needs a lot of work and academy games. Nowhere near ready for mens football. Let him grow playing against kids first.

More interested in seeing markanday and jneill bennett.

Operative words there:

- TWO
- MEN

He's 17 yr old in his first competitive senior match who was left to feed on scraps.... And let's be honest; "scraps" is flattering to those around him.

Unfair to judge him if the team behind him can't create a single noteworthy chance (apart from the one for Sess in minute 2).

The more things change, the more they stay the same. :(

Last edited:
Makes me think of Another Level and that's not a good thing.

Let me lick you up and down... 'Till you say stop.

Let me play with your body, baby, make you real hot.

Last edited:
Kane could barely touch the ball why would Scarlett fear any better you guys want to bring through young talent like Gil Scarlett and sarr eventually but you don’t want to play them in games they must just come on and be use to the pace and intensity of big man football nonsense. Give Gil a run of games and watch him improve, unfortunately our team is playing like shit so it’s hard for the coach to give them the game time they need. Tottenham needs to figure out the identity of this team. Teams are cutting that half ass press to bits we don’t know how to attack and breakdown teams, it’s pretty ridiculous.

Just because most wrote off Kane doesn’t mean that will happen again. Like I said really hope I’m wrong, we will see.
A lot did write kane off . I used to post on another forum (its dead now) when avb put him on as a sub in a league cup game. I post how he should start every game from then on, he had an amazing shot on him. Everyone was in love with shitty soldado and said kane would never have a career as good as soldado. Thankfully AVB got sacked, Sherwood started playing kane regularly and thats that.

Scarllet is still a few years behind how kane was then. Needs to work a lot on his ball control. Only 17 though, so should be playing with players his age, then in a year or 2 , go on a loan learn more and by 20-21 he might be ready to play for us. If we dump him in our team now, which is struggling as it is, it wont help his confidence much at all.

A lot did write kane off . I used to post on another forum (its dead now) when avb put him on as a sub in a league cup game. I post how he should start every game from then on, he had an amazing shot on him. Everyone was in love with shitty soldado and said kane would never have a career as good as soldado. Thankfully AVB got sacked, Sherwood started playing kane regularly and thats that.

Scarllet is still a few years behind how kane was then. Needs to work a lot on his ball control. Only 17 though, so should be playing with players his age, then in a year or 2 , go on a loan learn more and by 20-21 he might be ready to play for us. If we dump him in our team now, which is struggling as it is, it wont help his confidence much at all.

Yeh, worried we're gonna damage him......

He looked to have a quality of touch about him when he had a run in pre-season; would hate to wreck him.

He looked fine to me, considering he was feeding off scraps. Sofascore has him winning 3 out of 4 aerial duels (i.e. contested headers), which is actually brilliant for a 17 year old striker going up against seasoned CBs, slightly better headers and people here would be talking differently, but it is what it is. I'd like to see him start against Mura and Vitesse at home.

Play Dane, sack Kane.

Put a lineup in the OMT with him in Kanes place, see who agrees?

In Nuno's place, would say 'Analytics were showing this was not Harry's best moment, so we wanted more running power for this game and trust in Dane, very much (while stroking beard)'

Put a lineup in the OMT with him in Kanes place, see who agrees?

In Nuno's place, would say 'Analytics were showing this was not Harry's best moment, so we wanted more running power for this game and trust in Dane, very much (while stroking beard)'
I can't see the OMT for today, can you give me a link?
Admin Admin , what's the story?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom