Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a kid. I cannot believe we're relying on a 17 year-old to be our back-up striker. How tight can you get? He's not close to being ready for the challenge yet.

Get him some championship experience like Troy, who seems to be doing very well. Look at Skipp. Went away to Norwich and came back a winner. I want to see this lad ripping his way through PL teams in a few years.

Does one exist?
IE, of him playing on the PL and scoring?

The point is, Rooney was ready to play at 16 and the hype was justified.
Kane wasn't ready.
Neither is Scarlett.

I don't know what your point is?

The hype behind Scarlett is nowhere near what it was for Rooney, it's literally a few on here... I doubt many outside of Spurs fans have even heard of him. I don't know why you're comparing the two.

Rooney was able to bully grown men physically by the age of 17-18, hence why he exploded on to the scene. He was considered more talented than CR7 by most, because Ronaldo was a lanky, awkward teenager at that point and took a little longer to explode in the physical premier league.

Progress isn't linear when it comes to youth talents. Some are absolutely unreal as teenagers and don't develop, others drop off the radar entirely then pop back up again. Guys like Rooney are once in a generation unbelievable talents and it's pretty unfair to compare anyone to him.

why is he getting the chance in these games and not alfie devine who looks far more talented? thats what i want to know
Devine is not a striker or someone who can hold the ball up. Markanday can't hold the ball up.
Dane is physically able to hold his own against men.
He is not the finished article but he is not a misshapen lump of clay that came off the potter's wheel to be thrown away.
17 yo.

He is too young to go on loan and would either find himself bullied by tougher lower league defenders or not getting game time. He should get game time in under 23's and as a sub being brought on when we are losing towards the end. Another person in the box could help. Next season may be a different matter.

The only reason Scarlett is getting chances is because we have no other choice not because he has done anything to show that he is ready.

To me that doesn't mean anything for his future, he could have the same role now in two years and it would be still a great development path, so worrying about him not being ready at 17 like 99.999999% of other players is silly.

But having him in the ECL and potentially coming on late in the PL because we have no other option is a terrible way to develop him.

Devine is not a striker or someone who can hold the ball up. Markanday can't hold the ball up.
Dane is physically able to hold his own against men.
He is not the finished article but he is not a misshapen lump of clay that came off the potter's wheel to be thrown away.
17 yo.
why does devine need to be a striker or someone who can hold the ball up to play against these european plasterers? he can take dele or winks's spot, they've had enough opportunities to prove they dont cunt the mustard now.

I've never seen it happen. Might be because clubs don't want to uproot minors like that.
Elliot went on loan to Blackburn in the Championship last year, he was 17. Did very well there too.

Personally i don't think Scarlett gets into many Championship teams so he has no business in our first team currently.

very very few players are ready for the PL at 17. He isn't. No big problem, if he still isn't up to it at 22 - big problem.

The fact he is our only back up striker - Huge problem.

More poignantly; it's more a case of if he can or can't cope with the ECL... Cos that's where he's being deployed.

the fact is your trying to integrate a young talent in the side you want to give hime confidence so he can go out and perform, you send up out with a secondary side with no cohesion what the rassclatt you guys expect from him just to take over the show and be a one man wrecking machine sometimes you guys can be so unrealistic man jeez.

Back
Top Bottom