Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the fact is your trying to integrate a young talent in the side you want to give hime confidence so he can go out and perform, you send up out with a secondary side with no cohesion what the rassclatt you guys expect from him just to take over the show and be a one man wrecking machine sometimes you guys can be so unrealistic man jeez.

I agree but it's the manager's selection putting him in the position to fail here; not the fans.

Fans should however be astute enough not to redirect this selection issue back upon the player.

Last edited:
very very few players are ready for the PL at 17. He isn't. No big problem, if he still isn't up to it at 22 - big problem.

The fact he is our only back up striker - Huge problem.
I agree, but I am still a little confused by what he is supposed to be good at in terms of specific attributes. I suppose that is down to him having so little of the ball when he is on.

I agree, but I am still a little confused by what he is supposed to be good at in terms of specific attributes. I suppose that is down to him having so little of the ball when he is on.

Can someone that knows where to source this stuff please dig up some Scarlet possession/touches/chances etc. stats for his games so far?

Thx in advance. :avbpray:

Can someone that knows where to source this stuff please dig up some Scarlet possession/touches/chances etc. stats for his games so far?

Thx in advance. :avbpray:
I would be interested to know as well. Because he is so ineffective on the pitch it is difficult to assess. I remember a shot in his first game; not a terrible effort and a scuffed effort maybe in his second game, which he should have scored.

Edit: I don't know if accurate. He had 4 passes and two shots last season in europa league I think the minutes were only 30 or so for that. This year he has play 185 minutes for the first team. I Can't find stats on that.

Last edited:
I would be interested to know as well. Because he is so ineffective on the pitch it is difficult to assess. I remember a shot in his first game; not a terrible effort and a scuffed effort maybe in his second game, which he should have scored.

I remember next to nothing from him tbh.

......A million miles away from the bright, smart running, energetic player we saw in pre-season.

Poor lad.

He's totally out of his depth.

Nowhere near ready. Feels like we're playing without a ST when we're playing with him and that's ok because he's only 17.

However , for the club to not have a backup ST and put the pressure on him to perform or to basically play Son/Kane every game is really unfair on Scarlett. That sort of thing can really ruin the career of a young player if you do that to them. This has to stop. January must be used to buy a ST. Later on in the competition we have to be stronger.

Stop torturing the kid..... Set Dele up to fail as CF instead if that's what we're gonna do to Dane every time he plays......

I really think this kids people/representatives need to speak up for him. We are not doing whats best for his development.
At a far lower level, my partners son (just 18) was called up to play for the adults at his local rugby club last Saturday . We went along - to watch him make up the numbers, stuck out on the wing. I felt sorry for him in the same way I felt sorry for Scarlett tonight. If he’s going to play he needs to be in a side that will help, rather than shatter his confidence.
Poor form from Nuno really, although his options don’t even include a Vinicius these days (who would have given these cabbage farmers a roughing up at least)

We could really stunt this kid's development if we continue to play him with the second string side. Playing him in matches where he's going to get little to no service in a dysfunctional team will do nothing but hurt his confidence.

Whoever thought that a 17 year old kid could serve as a back up striker in our first team squad has lost their fucking marbles. Horrible horrible player development.

At a far lower level, my partners son (just 18) was called up to play for the adults at his local rugby club last Saturday . We went along - to watch him make up the numbers, stuck out on the wing. I felt sorry for him in the same way I felt sorry for Scarlett tonight. If he’s going to play he needs to be in a side that will help, rather than shatter his confidence.
Poor form from Nuno really, although his options don’t even include a Vinicius these days (who would have given these cabbage farmers a roughing up at least)
Honestly, you'd think that the players around him would be more than enough.

Honestly, you'd think that the players around him would be more than enough.
Again, that’s on Nuno to manage his squad and motivate the “fringe” players to actually perform. He’d have to be the Lord Almighty to get a tune out of some of these cunts though.
I’d happily terminate the contracts of a few of that lot tomorrow. They were a disgrace to the shirt and didn’t guide, assist or set an example to the youngsters on the pitch and on the bench. Winks was abysmal. Dele the same. Our midfield was shit defensively/offensively. End the contracts of those who can’t be arsed and free up some squad spaces for some talent who give a shit. It will cost a lot of money in wages but these fuckers are as poisonous as ENIC themselves. I’m fucking sick of most of this current crop.
Big clear out of those players who are just here to pick up a wage to stroll around not giving a shit.

I really think this kids people/representatives need to speak up for him. We are not doing whats best for his development.
agree what did HE learn from this match ? we had Janssen up front as a ST and he couldn't do any thing how can the manager expect a kid to do it
he should be on loan to championship team and get 15 mins a week to learn how to play

Back
Top Bottom