Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

14th
9th
5th
5th
11th
8th
4th
5th
4th
5th with a record of 72 points

These are our league positions since ENIC took Spurs into private ownership in 2003. ENIC and Daniel Levy has taken us from mid table nobodies to a top club. We have broken into the top4 that people assumed was impossible. On the journey, there's been some bad luck as well. Lasagnegate, Chelsea winning the CL, 72 points not being enough for the first time in ages etc. Not to mention that Chelsea and Man City all of a sudden had billions of money to spend while Levy had to run a business properly.

We've also got the best training facilities in England, and although it's taking much longer than planned we're likely to get a brand new stadium as well. We would have all wanted to see the stadium ready next season, but Levy is careful not to put us in a situation we cannot handle financially.

Considering how far we've come since the Sugar years, I find it amazing that he gets 10 times more criticism than praise. Levy has made plenty of mistakes, but he seems to have learnt from them. I would have confronted him with anger if I saw him on the streets during the Stratford saga and probably last January as well, but looking at the bigger picture I certainly wouldn't have swapped him for any other chairman.

As does ticket pricing and the clubs involvement with stub hub and Thomas cook.
Even though I'm no regular at WHL, would you not be fine with all that crap if we get CL after those signings?
At least we aren't putting up with what the gooners are, with extortionate ticket prices, then fuck all done in the market

I love the man, long may he reign. Rightly or wrongly he's only ever done what he has thought is right for the club, and that's involved a few missteps along the way. But I wouldn't change him for anybody.

I agree with all the + & - listed above.
For me the biggest shock has been this spending and the level of intent and ambition it has shown. I don't think I am too far off the mark when I think almost to a person we (all Spurs fans, not just on this forum) thought that at least £20m or so was to be put aside for a new stadium. But no, Levy and Co have invested all of it in the team. If this comes off we will enjoy what all supports of their clubs want, GLORY. You can not celebrate concrete. I would like to thank ArseAnal for showing us the way forward or more to the point how not to do it. Every scum fan I know has now become an accountant, spewing out FFP, revenue and debt and fucking balance sheet ratio's.

We, I hope, will be celebrating glory on the field, as this is what it is all about.

Even though I'm no regular at WHL, would you not be fine with all that crap if we get CL after those signings?
At least we aren't putting up with what the gooners are, with extortionate ticket prices, then fuck all done in the market
Our season ticket holders pay more per game than Woolwich.

As I've said previously, Stratford and the Jol debacle harm his legacy.
The jol debacle was a big error and somewhat of an embarrassment but I can move on from it. When you make mistakes like that you hope it's beneficial in the long run because you learn from it.

Stratford is a huge blot because it makes me question what he's prepared to sacrifice for success. I guess that debate has been done to death.

Overall though, it has been steady improvement. I have faith in him to take us forward.

Generally agree with the OP although successive failure to spend cost us big. A striker last season we'd be in the Champions League right now. I'd also say the thrown games in Europe under wobble chops harm his legacy.

Personally I still think the whole Stratford thing was a massive front designed to force Haringey, TFL etc into some favours (what was achieved I don't know I must confess).

I wasn't happy with how he dealt with either of those situations. And I wasn't happy when he sacked Redknapp either and then replaced him with AVB. That was a brave decision that most people disagreed with at the time. We look so much better suited for the future now than we did under Redknapp.

My take on Stratford is that I would have stopped following Spurs if we moved. I felt sick with worry for the whole time it looked like we were going to move. It was a horrible time, made worse by the fact that most fans were coming around to it, and those against were accused of holding back the club. It was horrible.

I 100% believe Levy would have moved the club, I dont think it was a ploy to get backing.

However, because I also 100% believe that Levy is the best chariman in Europe, and a fan, and has the clubs best interests in his heart (viciously disagree with him over Stratford on that though)....I also am willing to forget about it.

We didnt move, so we cant possibly hold moving against him.

My bigger issue was not replacing big players, and not signing strikers for so long, and I said earlier that this window was probably going to be his most important. Spend or sell the club, because treading water is pointless.

Well, the rest is history, and to put the fans in a position where we actually prefer to lose Bale and keep the squad we have assembled takes some doing.

As for Jol, it was horrible, and Ive no excuses for the way it was done. People talk about Jol speaking to Toon, but either way, I didnt agree with that. Still, its nothing that I will think about on Levy's legacy if we ever win the PL or CL.

The fact we can actually talk about those trophies is a footballing miracle.

This is true from a fans perspective, but I guess you can't have everything if a man like this is at the top. Business first and Stratford was potentially a good move in that respect, Enic are in it to make money. The pros of having Levy outweigh the cons

The handling of the Jol sacking cannot be justified, the man deserved better.

Yeah I know, but at least we are seeing improvement, I think we have to put up with the shitting on us financially if we want CL.

I agree. We have spent, yet balanced the books, and the if you can compare the teams from 2003 and 2013, then at the very least, you can justify a higher ticket price with that huge step forward.

Look at the goons 2003 to 2013....they can justify the stadium I suppose, but Im sure most fans would have prefered to be at Highbury, still winning things.

Back
Top Bottom