Daniele De Rossi & replacing Luka Modric

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... e-de-rossi

Just read this. A confession up front - I don't watch as much Italian football as I'd like to. However, De Rossi is one of those midfielders who is continually eulogised as a creative force in the centre of midfield. I had mooted him to friends as a potential replacement for Luka, should he still want to move on at the end of this year. The story above, though, seems to rule that out, with his wage demands being £200k per week.

Is there a suitable replacement anywhere for Luka if he decides to leave this summer?

de rossi aint like luka and if shity are after him there's no point in us trying

we got Parker who's better than de roosi and Modders aint going nowhere for awhile yet

now we better FUCK stoke up

COYS

Pretty sure de Rossi would only be called creative in Italy as in "he creatively broke that other guys ribs with a tackle". He's just a shit Scott Parker.

AberdeenYid said:
Pretty sure de Rossi would only be called creative in Italy as in "he creatively broke that other guys ribs with a tackle". He's just a shit Scott Parker.

that's wat I meant to say lol

If we want a replacement for Modric at some point, we should be seriously looking at Mateo Kovacic. Going to cost a fair amount though and some big teams are supposedly looking at him

AberdeenYid said:
Isn't Kovacic about 12 years old?

Goetze For me, if we had to replace Luka, which we won't.

He's 18, so providing we keep Luka another year or two, then he would be perfect to step up

Back
Top Bottom