Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He'll be fine. It was a bad mistake but every defender has made one at some point. He's still been good enough to deserve to be first choice. We do need cover though. You can tell Rose is knackered and Vertonghen and Naughton are not the answer for cover on the left.

See I disagree, I think his game isn't advanced enough to be first choice yet. I think he either needs to be back up to a first teamer and play against the bottom half of the table or another loan to a prem team. Either way I don't think he is ready for an aspiring cl team. Every other top team has better option so why is it good enough for us?

See I disagree, I think his game isn't advanced enough to be first choice yet. I think he either needs to be back up to a first teamer and play against the bottom half of the table or another loan to a prem team. Either way I don't think he is ready for an aspiring cl team. Every other top team has better option so why is it good enough for us?

I'd have Rose over Evra and Clichy. Chelsea plays a RB at LB. People overrate how many good LBs there are out there. Rose is a high quality player. He has some growing up to do but he's been our biggest miss when out with injury this season. We've missed no one more.

People have to remember he has only played about 50/60 games at left back, Harry put him there when we needed cover, he was bought as a young winger from Leeds, he isnt the finished article yet, Ideally one of the magnificent 7 would have been a left back and Danny could have been an understudy for now

everything is game to game with football these days. One or two bad games and a player is not good enough and must be shipped out. We will get nowhere making so many changes to playing staff and managers. How about we give a young player still learning his trade a chance to improve and accept that mistakes will happen but hopefully for the greater good in time.

People have to remember he has only played about 50/60 games at left back, Harry put him there when we needed cover, he was bought as a young winger from Leeds, he isnt the finished article yet, Ideally one of the magnificent 7 would have been a left back and Danny could have been an understudy for now

As much as I would agree, I believe the club stated that it would be a CL challenging club, not a nursery for youth players learning new positions.

None of this is Dannys fault.

In a world of proper football planning we would have signed an older 1st choice left back and given DR a season of learning from the bench or better yet a loan to a CCC club like, say, QPR ...

Why do we always gift them goals in this game.. It has happened time and time again, why do our players become jibering wrecks when facing these Twats?

This, this... and this again!

(But I suspect they've still got the Evil Eye over us....)

I wish to fuck SOMEONE would have the balls to re-open Lasagne-gate again... just to check for sure that nothing untoward happened that day...
'cos if it did, and THEY WERE involved, then it would surely vindicate that nagging feeling i've had all these years that we really had been royally fucked!
(not to mention an instant multiple demotion for that stinking cunt of a club!)

Last edited:

Rose made it clear he wanted first team football prior to the start of the season and had no interest in another loan.

So if we were to bring a first choice left back in we would need to look for a new backup also. As for every other top team having a better option Monreal, Gibbs, Cissokho, Enrique, Clichy, Kolarov, Evra, Buttner, Cole and Bertrand don't really help your point. Only Baines I'd bother with and Everton's backup is a midfielder (Oviedo).

I'd have Rose over Evra and Clichy. Chelsea plays a RB at LB. People overrate how many good LBs there are out there. Rose is a high quality player. He has some growing up to do but he's been our biggest miss when out with injury this season. We've missed no one more.
Completely agree we have missed him but I also think it's our weak link. If he could gets his game up a notch defensively and learn to cross he would be brilliant. Just hope he pushes himself to do so.

Rose made it clear he wanted first team football prior to the start of the season and had no interest in another loan.

So if we were to bring a first choice left back in we would need to look for a new backup also. As for every other top team having a better option Monreal, Gibbs, Cissokho, Enrique, Clichy, Kolarov, Evra, Buttner, Cole and Bertrand don't really help your point. Only Baines I'd bother with and Everton's backup is a midfielder (Oviedo).

I think defensively cole, Baines, kolarov, and Evra are better currently. (Unless he is playing against Lennon). I'm not against him just worried about that position and how long he will take to step up that extra
Level. I think currently he is a low top half of league level LB. Hope he can step it up for us

I like Rose. I want to see young English talent given a chance.

Naturally you are going to make mistakes on your way up the ladder, Walker has been the same, but this season he really has matured into one of our most reliable professionals in my opinion.

Rose has all the ingredients to be a success and I have no doubt he will come good. Don't forget every time a defender or a keeper makes a mistake it is usually a lot more costly than a striker.

The last thing we need is more foreigners in our team. I like the fact our back 4 at the moment has 3 Englishmen and our 2 best wingers our English.

I think defensively cole, Baines, kolarov, and Evra are better currently. (Unless he is playing against Lennon). I'm not against him just worried about that position and how long he will take to step up that extra
Level. I think currently he is a low top half of league level LB. Hope he can step it up for us

Cole hasn't been doing much defending lately, big guy.

Big upgrade on the other kyle but we seriously need better. Theres some really good left backs in the league sadely not at our club.

Without doubt we are a top 7 club (7 because we are in 6th and United is behind us), name 7 LBs who are currently better than Rose.
Evra (not facing lennon) Baines, Shaw(much better defensively), Davies, Taylor both from Swansea, Cole, Clichy(more experience and better defensively, but not by a lot), Davide Santon is on par if not better.
And that's just a quick list of players in England...

This, this... and this again!

(But I suspect they've still got the Evil Eye over us....)

I wish to fuck SOMEONE would have the balls to re-open Lasagne-gate again... just to check for sure that nothing untoward happened that day...
'cos if it did, and THEY WERE involved, then it would surely vindicate that nagging feeling i've had all these years that we really had been royally fucked!
(not to mention an instant multiple demotion for that stinking cunt of a club!)

I doubt they were involved in the food poisoning or whatever, BUT you can bet your house on it that had it been them and not us they would have been allowed to postpone the game. Levy should have showed some balls and refused to play regardless - I bet Sugar would have done - the fact that Dein and Co were wining and dining the FA at the old Library that day played a part i'm certain.

Then there is the allocation thing at the weekend, why didnt Levy insist they reduced the capacity so that our allocation equated to 15%?

He just let them do it without much protest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom