Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Being a sad cunt, for humbling purposes I have gone through the thread to find older posts which have been proven wrong and/or silly. Too many from ole gibbsy to quote.

Agree with this. If we can sell Rose for anything more than £5m, and get (for example) Shaw in, that'd leave us with a better player than Rose right now (BAE) and a player with the potential to be a lot better than Rose.

Not that I have anything against Danny especially (although his recent comments were foolish), but I just don't think he's ever going to be much better than a top 8 team's LB.
:kaneshh:

Danny Rose is not starting eleven quality, end of. Not for us anyway, there are reasons he was Sunderland's best player, the main reason being that he was at Sunderland. It would be a step sideways at best to replace BAE with Rose, probably more of a step back though.

2 main issues for me. Firstly his football brain is shocking. Always makes the wrong choice. Even when it's obvious what to do. Secondly he is meant to be better going forward but adds little more than a out of control car. His crossing is shit and technically he us weak. Back up yes but not first team.
Evra (not facing lennon) Baines, Shaw(much better defensively), Davies, Taylor both from Swansea, Cole, Clichy(more experience and better defensively, but not by a lot), Davide Santon is on par if not better.
And that's just a quick list of players in England...
Looked shit yesterday, final ball is not good enough and made a couple of unforced errors. Bring back Assou!
I think someone coercively tried to convert a LW into a LB and the result is not very good. He may have speed, the odd decent pass, and occasional good entry to the box yet he looks mortified every time a decent winger is on his side and keeps creating massive holes that allows the opposition to exploit our already weak defence.

I know he has some fans but I don't see him as a top 10 material let alone a starting LB for a CL (pretender) contesting side.
Not good enough, time to look for a replacement.
How wrong were we to think that Rose was a good left back?! Fuck me. I thought so as well! Coming into this season, that is. The fear now is that the "replacement" in the summer will be BAE. Better than Rose, but still not good enough.

Hes not good enough. Never looks happy to be playing there either. The lad is a failed winger and is only playing leftback because of the dearth of decent players there (even around the world) - its hard to find a good one. Just look at Liverpool's issues in that position (Enrique, Sissokho, puttiing Johnson there etc). Giving Flanagan the position now is a shrewd move as he is young and will grow into the position, particularly given that he is a natural there and not a converted winger.

Rose is a back up player for us and thats as far as i see it sadly. Would love to see someone like our own Shaw come through the ranks but dont know if theres anyone good enough coming up thru the yoof system at LB ( WindyCOYS WindyCOYS got any knowledge bombs?)

On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being 'Danny Rose'...10 being 'definitely not Danny Rose'), I'm afraid to say he scores a lowly 1.

Here's a bit of 'ITK' for you. I live in Bristol and my hairdresser is an ex-footballer that knows several Bristol City players. According to him, Rose was hated by the Bristol City players because he used to strut around thinking the sun shined out of his arse during training (refusing to mix with the squad), then never bothered to put in any effort during games. I know he was universally disliked by the Bristol City fans.

Caulker on the other hand was worshipped as a saint, and very popular with the Bristol City players. Apparently he had a fantastic attitude, and led by example in training.
The players you named all switched positions before turning pro, Carragher, Carrick, Lloris, David James were all strikers as kids. Now, Rose isn't even half as good as these players and as such will need to adjust, the system doesn't help him. Shouldn't be our first choice by any stretch of the imagination.
Rose should only be a bench player next season. He's average. I'm hoping we are scouting in Spain and Germany for his replacement.
Five fucking years?
Five. Fucking. Years. Five.
He can't cross and he can't defend. I think a lot of fans still rate him purely for that goal against the scum.
I don't hate him just don't rate him, I believe he's a liability at LB, shipped far to many goals due to his lack of ability and positioning.
Danny Rose has to be giving absolutely 100% to look half decent, mainly using his pace and getting lucky with his headless chicken approach. But he has little skill and a poor footballing brain. When he's not giving 100%, he looks severely limited: like today. Davies has more potential, but it will probably be a year until we really see it. Playing at Tottenham is hugely different to playing at Swansea. We'll have to wait and see if, mentally, he can hack it.

Shout out to all the guys who stuck by Rose during the intense melting and scapegoating. KeaneBean KeaneBean Anthony Beale Anthony Beale JDK JDK Sanchez18 Sanchez18 Totti Totti Mad Yid Mad Yid (RIP) sammyspurs sammyspurs :adesalute::adethumbup::adebaehug:

Ben Davies is better than Danny Rose now. When you perform better than someone for over a year, you have earned the right to be called the better player. If Rose gets his form back, and performs as he used to for a year, then he'll have earned that accolade back.

Until then, Ben Davies is the better player.

Loves it.

12417954_10153406283488505_5037968481347179895_n.jpg

ROSE: ‘I WANT TO BE HERE FOR A LONG, LONG TIME – JUST LIKE LEDLEY’
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/first-team/general/danny-rose-on-club-longevity-and-ledley-king-050916/?
Danny Rose would love to follow in the footsteps of Ledley King – and spend the rest of his career at Spurs.
rose_gen_ev_730.jpg

Legendary former defender Ledley came through the Academy system to captain the Club in the Champions League, lift the League Cup at Wembley and play for England.

Making his debut in 1999, he played 323 times in all competitions before chronic knee problems forced him to retire in 2012. He’s now popular as ever in his role as Club Ambassador.

Arriving at Spurs aged 16 from Leeds, Danny was at the Club with Ledley for five years.

He’s now our longest-serving player and into his 10th season here with 126 appearances under his belt and a ninth goal recently in the bag – the equaliser against Liverpool last time out in the Premier League.

“I’m 26 now and starting to think about if I want to finish my career here and I’d love to do that,” he said. “There won’t be many players able to say that they’ve been at a club for X amount of years.

“Ledley (pictured, below) is a legend. When you see him with the players, some will ask ‘what was he like?’ and there really are no words to describe how Ledley was as a player and as a man.

ledley_instory.jpg

“He was quiet, but a leader. I saw the pain he had to go through to be out there on a Saturday. You wouldn’t believe he’d missed most of the training sessions throughout the week and yet he’d be the best player on the pitch.

“I’d love to be able to look back at the end of my career and think I’d been at a club for the whole of my career. That’s the plan.

“You don’t know what will happen in football but that’s the plan, I want to be here for a long, long time and I hope while I’m here I get to win trophies as well.”

“It’s no coincidence that every day you read Real Madrid want him or United want him,” said left-back Rose. “It’s exactly what he deserves.

“What he has done here in the last four or five years has been amazing. Not only for myself, but the club. He has transformed how others think of us outside the club and he has transformed how we think of ourselves, and how we approach big games.

“The belief he gives everybody is just amazing. For example, Kyle Walker-Peters made a mistake in Barcelona, but that will not affect what the manager thinks of him. He will stick with Kyle no matter what. That’s the sort of man he is, once you win his trust it will take an awful lot to break that. He has been amazing for myself and this club, and we hope he is here for a very long time".

“It’s no secret all the teams have spent a lot more than what we have. The manager, or the club, did not make any signings in the summer and he is probably not going to make any signings in January.”

Asked why he believes Spurs will not sign anybody in the January transfer window, Rose added: “Well, I’ve not heard anything, so I am guessing. For him (Pochettino) to do what he has done and what he is doing now speaks volumes of him. Like I said, it’s no coincidence big teams are being linked with him and we hope he stays for a really long time.”

“We’ve gone to Barcelona and got a result,” said Rose. “Hopefully, the rest of Europe will take notice of that and fear being drawn against us in the next round. We’ve proved ourselves against the top teams in Europe, so roll on the next round. We’re looking forward to it whoever we get.”
Not gonna lie, if I was working on a transfer for January and wanted to keep it completely under wraps, I probably wouldn't tell Rose about it.

:levyeyes:

It would crush me if he ever made an appearance for us

Well he's not registered in our squad so that's not possible, at least in the league. He also lost his shirt number and hasn't trained with the first team for over a year.

I wouldn't let him train with the first team again either, we need to look forwards not backwards. We don't need his fat head causing trouble again.

The players that need to be brought in from the cold are Dele and Bale, because they can still offer us something. Rose couldn't even offer Newcastle anything which is why he's still here.

One of those players who had a roller coaster career. I loved and disliked him in equal measure. But the final interview made me quite sad that it ended on a sour note. I will remember the good times, he deserves that and I hope he can have a happy life.

Danny is a young man with some real mental health issues....let’s never forget that.
Depression is no joke, and you see that those massive smiles have gone.

I saw a glimmer.....it was Kane that got it out of him. Very touching.
I can’t imagine what he feels but to get out of bed every day and pull on our shirt and drag us into the CL final, he’s a hero.

We should have sold him 2 years ago when we could have got decent money for him. Now he'll probably go for nothing like Jan.

Another Levy masterclass.
TBF, if we had done that, we would have been accused of being a selling club. It's a tricky balancing act when to sell or keep which we appear not to always get right.

Back
Top Bottom