Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have never rated him too high. Even in his best day (when he was physically in really good shape) he had very limited footballing brain. I like players who have capacity to understand the game, anticipate opposition moves, take correct positions proactively, come up with unexpected solution while attacking.... but Rose was mainly running with his head down. Until the pace helped him out, he did well.

I mean during his best ever season with us he assisted 5 goals.
Ben Davies, during his pretty much only season as undisputed nr1 LB assisted 6.

I am not saying that Rose at his best was worse player than Davies, no. But having this pace and reputation of being good offensively... these stats do Rose little favor.

Hopefully Newcastle is willing to pay something for him as well.
For now he is clearly part of "bad air" in our dressing room.

At the time I didn’t think it as strange as I do now. All very weird and no doubt he lost a bit of respect from some of the players over it. Similarly the Amazon documentary this season. An unnecessary distraction.
I thought it strange and totally unnecessary

All a bit vainglorious and all whilst he was still managing

I mean revelations are best kept for when ones no longer in the firing line and more so when you’re actually at the same club

Are we not talking about the season before Brian ?
Should have sold him after the interview I think is what we are saying .....

Yeah we should of sold him then 100%, it was a real lack of authority from Poch. I was talking about the start of this season when he was the only fit left back.

Anyway, he’s gone now (unless anything changes today), thank fuck.

Hopefully Lucas Son and the new lad absolutely roast him when we play them in May. Been a liability at LB for us nearly every game he’s played this year. Age and injuries definitely caught up with him.

The re-build continues

Danny has been smouldering in his own resentment at least since Kyle Walker left us. He was at his peak then but was pissed he didn't get a bit move / big new contract. He also couldn't forget some of the abuse he took in pre Poch years from the fans, when he wasn't very good. Best he moves on. The clouds are lifting with Eriksen and Rose gone and Toby re-signing.

Hopefully Lucas Son and the new lad absolutely roast him when we play them in May. Been a liability at LB for us nearly every game he’s played this year. Age and injuries definitely caught up with him.

The re-build continues
Haha - I’m imagining Lucas and Rose both running into one another, doing their ‘fly through the air’ thing and both appealing for the foul.

Yeah we should of sold him then 100%, it was a real lack of authority from Poch. I was talking about the start of this season when he was the only fit left back.

Anyway, he’s gone now (unless anything changes today), thank fuck.

Nobody forced Poch to play Rose, I mean we had Sánchez at RB in a couple of games while he was trying to shift Aurier. He could have played Jan, Tanganga, Walker-Peters there etc. He could have sent a clear message.

Poch just went a bit soft. When Townsend, Bentaleb, etc started getting big headed, he cast them out immediately. When his favourite player did the same thing he went soft on him and let him take the piss for two years.

Nobody forced Poch to play Rose, I mean we had Sánchez at RB in a couple of games while he was trying to shift Aurier. He could have played Jan, Tanganga, Walker-Peters there etc. He could have sent a clear message.

Poch just went a bit soft. When Townsend, Bentaleb, etc started getting big headed, he cast them out immediately. When his favourite player did the same thing he went soft on him and let him take the piss for two years.

Yeah I do think he felt for him. That father figure thing cuts both ways. Seeing somebody you like and understand suffer with mental health problems is a kicker.

Ultimately from a professional point of view it’s played a part in him losing his own job. Although Danny was clearly free to leave in the summer and didn’t for whatever reasons. Maybe he stayed because he felt wanted.

Mourinho comes in with a clean slate and Rose no longer has that connection. Happier to leave.

Toby on the other hand happier to stay under Mourinho. Just how the game works I guess.

Back
Top Bottom