Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That doesn’t take away from how good he was that season. He still made PL team of the season that year despite missing all that time through injury.

Being real

1. Fit and on form Danny Rose is an excellent left-back; easily the best at our club, and for a few seasons a borderline great LB.
2. He hasn't shown that form since 2017 and there's nothing to suggest it will come back. His attitude is a concern.

That is the point, had he said sell me we could all buy into that. He said ‘I’ll just go home’
Didn’t realise this was Danny Rose Hotspur
Ok, I'll rephrase just for you.

Only seen the first 3 so far, so I'm only going on comments on here. Anyway this is my take on it.

Dier to Poch: "Play me or sell me.". = Honesty.

Danny to JM: "Play me or I'll train at home." = Honesty.

Danny: "Some other players here are shit, I'm off to speak to Daniel." = Being a twat.

Happy ?

Ok, I'll rephrase just for you.

Only seen the first 3 so far, so I'm only going on comments on here. Anyway this is my take on it.

Dier to Poch: "Play me or sell me.". = Honesty.

Danny to JM: "Play me or I'll train at home." = Honesty.

Danny: "Some other players here are shit, I'm off to speak to Daniel." = Being a twat.

Happy ?
If we’re just repeating 3 statements yeah I’m cockahoop but there’s no common ground in any of them, so what exactly is the point.
I thought initially you were comparing the attitude towards Dier with the attitude towards Rose highlighting that they said the same thing.

Dier clearly he isn’t happy and if he’s not being considered he’ll continue his career elsewhere

Rose clearly isn’t happy either and if he’s not being considered he’d continue his career (this may be the tricky bit) HOME? What he’s demanding money off the club to stay home, if he doesn’t get into the playing squad??

If we’re just repeating 3 statements yeah I’m cockahoop but there’s no common ground in any of them, so what exactly is the point.
I thought initially you were comparing the attitude towards Dier with the attitude towards Rose highlighting that they said the same thing.

Dier clearly he isn’t happy and if he’s not being considered he’ll continue his career elsewhere

Rose clearly isn’t happy either and if he’s not being considered he’d continue his career (this may be the tricky bit) HOME? What he’s demanding money off the club to stay home, if he doesn’t get into the playing squad??
It would cost a fortune to have someone stay in the house with him to make sure he is training properly and not stuffing himself with fish and chips.

I like Rose, loved him when he was at his peak, always determined and aggressive

After watching the doc and obviously hearing things about him, feel like he’s not worth the trouble nowadays. Seems like he’ll kick off in a heartbeat about tiny things, not great for squad morale

Players come and go but it is a shame he has blotted his copybook as he would have been remembered as a legend but now its more likely he will be remembered for being mouthy when he didnt get his money move or a game every week.

He lost me as a fan when he made the google comment.Just what we needed going into the new season.
That said,he redeemed himself a bit in the Champs league final as he looked one of the few out there that actually wanted to win it.

Yes fully agree Rose was never any more than a decent 6 out of 10 man.
He had a few very good games but did not have a football brain and could not sense danger and for the last 2 years has been very poor when he has played.

Bit of revisionism here, for 2 years we had the best fullbacks in the prem. Unfortunately when Walker left so did Rose's head.

Looked like a petulant child.... I'm off to speak to Daniel and I'm going to tell on you. mwaaaah

Good riddance

I think I might of misunderstood you initially. Also I now think we're coming at the same point but from different directions ?

I wouldn't expect any player to be happy at not playing.
I also expect any player to want to talk to the manager and get some reassurances or guidance on what's going to happen.
A player saying "if you're not going to play me then sell me" is fine.
Even Danny's comments about staying at "home" are ok, not great but ok. Maybe it was a poor choice of words.
It is the attitude, when a player approaches a manager, that is the issue for me. If a player starts slagging off his team mates and accusing the manager of playing favourites.
No manager will stand for that.

Danny's attitude was all wrong in that exchange. We, obvs, don't see the full exchange but, it seems to me, that Jose was saying "I played you because you trained excellent and you let me down", maybe implying that if Danny continues to train well he would get another chance.
Danny accepted that he didn't play well and instead of addressing that he turned it onto other players and the manager.
What he should of done was say something like "ok I didn't play well, show me how I can improve" or " Fair enough, but I won't let you down again and I'll prove to you that I'm good enough to play in this team".

I think I might of misunderstood you initially. Also I now think we're coming at the same point but from different directions ?

I wouldn't expect any player to be happy at not playing.
I also expect any player to want to talk to the manager and get some reassurances or guidance on what's going to happen.
A player saying "if you're not going to play me then sell me" is fine.
Even Danny's comments about staying at "home" are ok, not great but ok. Maybe it was a poor choice of words.
It is the attitude, when a player approaches a manager, that is the issue for me. If a player starts slagging off his team mates and accusing the manager of playing favourites.
No manager will stand for that.

Danny's attitude was all wrong in that exchange. We, obvs, don't see the full exchange but, it seems to me, that Jose was saying "I played you because you trained excellent and you let me down", maybe implying that if Danny continues to train well he would get another chance.
Danny accepted that he didn't play well and instead of addressing that he turned it onto other players and the manager.
What he should of done was say something like "ok I didn't play well, show me how I can improve" or " Fair enough, but I won't let you down again and I'll prove to you that I'm good enough to play in this team".
I think we crossed wires somewhere 100% in agreement with you

Spurs fans want cunts in the team but can't handle it when a player points out that other players have been shit in training and matches. It's called seeing it with your eyes and calling it with your mouth.

You don't develop as much as he did and become a favourite of a manager who works his players hard if you don't know how to train hard so I'm inclined to believe him.

Jose says the most important things include "courage, honesty & family". I think telling your boss that the team/defence is doing shit in matches, players are training shit and that he hasn't had chances is all of that.

I think it went down like this.

Levy hates Rose because of how real he keeps it

Levy told Jose when he signed to push Rose out

Jose intelligently barely plays Rose, then gives a rusty Rose a chance against leaders Liverpool. Rose doesn't have a great game- justification to sideline him more.

We should never have been chucking CBs and right footed players there when he was fit.
As if we didn't have enough centre backs on the pitch when we played 5 at the back with 2 DMs against relegation crap ffs.

He's made some silly moves but overall Rose is on the right side of history. You tribal lot are not I promise you.

We want tough cunts who run through walls for the team not stupid deluded cunts who spit their dummy out and go crying to Daniel

Only reason we can get rid of Rose permanently is cause he is a crock, the reason Jose listened to it was due to it being on the documentary, his time is done at Spurs and needs to fuck off. Whiny, moany cunt, with a mouth that writes cheques his body hasn't cashed in seasons.

The real reason I want Rose out is because he can't do the business on the field. But he was right about Mourinho having favourites-plenty of us are sick of the sight of them. And I didn't think Mou had any answers for him.

Rose should have been made available for sale at a reasonable price at least a year ago. Poch had some kind of problem with him, and so, too, does Mourinho.

I don't care if he went to Levy. He wasn't going to Levy to get his starting spot back. He was going to Levy to get the hell out of here because he couldn't get a game. Big difference.

Just comes across, as he has for a few years, as an extremely dour character with an inflated sense of self importance. Yes he wanted to play more, but he's being paid £60k+ a week to go to the gym and run around some cones, cheer the fuck up. Look at the attitude from the likes of Lamela and Vorm when not playing, totally different.

Back
Top Bottom