Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The real reason I want Rose out is because he can't do the business on the field. But he was right about Mourinho having favourites-plenty of us are sick of the sight of them. And I didn't think Mou had any answers for him.

Rose should have been made available for sale at a reasonable price at least a year ago. Poch had some kind of problem with him, and so, too, does Mourinho.

I don't care if he went to Levy. He wasn't going to Levy to get his starting spot back. He was going to Levy to get the hell out of here because he couldn't get a game. Big difference.
Every single head coach in football has favourites.

They all say they'll pick players on merit, on performance in training, on performance in games. And may do for a match or two.

And then they revert to picking their favourites who they think are either the better player, or the player who better fits their system.

Rose had burnt his boats before Mourinho rocked up and, I agree, should have been sold. Then, once Mourinho decided to play Aurier as an advanced RWB, with the LB as an auxiliary CB, Rose was done because he does not fit that system.

That's why, even with Ben Davies injured, the likes of Tanganga and Verts were picked there.

Rose had burnt his boats before Mourinho rocked up and, I agree, should have been sold. Then, once Mourinho decided to play Aurier as an advanced RWB, with the LB as an auxiliary CB, Rose was done because he does not fit that system.

That's why, even with Ben Davies injured, the likes of Tanganga and Verts were picked there.

This is the one area where i have some sympathy for him. This fucking bollocks idea that the right-back attacks while the left back sits back and forms a 3. Every opposition team knows which wing our attacks are likely to favor which seems to be ridiculously predictable.

I don't hate Danny Rose. He was a key member of our best team since the 60s.
He joined the club in 2007 and is our longest serving player.
I hope he can leave with a bit of dignity.

I don't hate Danny Rose. He was a key member of our best team since the 60s.
He joined the club in 2007 and is our longest serving player.
I hope he can leave with a bit of dignity.
I don't remember him picking up 2 FA Cups and an UEFA cup in the early 80s?

Possibly because he wasn't even born?

Every single head coach in football has favourites.

They all say they'll pick players on merit, on performance in training, on performance in games. And may do for a match or two.

And then they revert to picking their favourites who they think are either the better player, or the player who better fits their system.

It's the same in all walks of life, that's the reality. Whining that life isn't fair, so childish. If life was fair, I'd still be 29, loaded and really married to Mr. P!

He fucking retired himself in that one scene. Which football club manager is going to look at that and say "That's the guy for me, let's buy him".
Yeah they’ll take cues from a heavily edited documentary.

this gullibility from fans is why Levy is able to get away without buying another striker again.

Rose will be fine, and trawling through Twitter, most people who work in the industry of football, be it players or coaches, have no issue with what went down.

this gullibility from fans is why Levy is able to get away without buying another striker again.

Rose will be fine, and trawling through Twitter, most people who work in the industry of football, be it players or coaches, have no issue with what went down.
Don’t see chairmen queuing up down the High Road to buy him.

Last edited:

lol

if those people on Twitter had Rose playing for their club, they’d want him out on his arse

Let us not forget that he came out with this same dumb shit in a national newspaper. That is not the same as speaking privately in the managers office. Crying about his salary, crying about the chairman, complaining that we were signing players “he had to google” as if Berba and Keane were getting excited when Danny Rose rolled up from Leeds for £1m. He has a terrible lack of respect for his club and his colleagues.

If anybody decent wanted Rose, he’d be long gone, we couldn’t shift him last summer and he got just two loan offers in January. The team that took him didn’t even want him back.

Last edited:

Let's see where he ends up then shall we ? The proof is in the pudding and all that. My bet is it could well be a team that Daniel has to fucking google this time.

Last edited:
If I was Mourinho I would not have been concerned about Rose's threat to go to Levy. As a new Manager Levy was never going to go to Mourinho and say you must play Rose. The only outcome was that Levy would agree to let him leave which I expect would please Mourinho. Rose went to Newcastle giving a win/win situation as he got playing time and Spurs saved on his salary when he would not be playing anyway.

If I was Mourinho I would not have been concerned about Rose's threat to go to Levy. As a new Manager Levy was never going to go to Mourinho and say you must play Rose. The only outcome was that Levy would agree to let him leave which I expect would please Mourinho. Rose went to Newcastle giving a win/win situation as he got playing time and Spurs saved on his salary when he would not be playing anyway.
Yeah
But I really don't think Danny's "I want to speak to Levy" comment was about forcing Jose to play him.
It was an "I'm out of here" thing. Went to Levy and asked for a transfer, simple really.

Back
Top Bottom