Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just seen this on the Spurs OS:

DANN¥ RO$€
d_rose.jpg

Dynamic, powerfull of himself, verbally attacking turncoat left-back Northerner Danny Rose is from The North. He has risen through the wanks from relative obscurity to decide he has become a star player down South for some tin-pot club and cuntry. But knows his value, and isn't afraid to tell everyone his true worth, even though he isn't in it for the money. Doesn't know anything about his team-mates, as he had to Google most of them. Hails from the North... and can hail a taxi back there too for all we care.

(Trivia fact) Misses his Mum a LOT!

Born in The North: 02 July 1990
Bored: 31 January 2017 onwards
Position: in-defensible
Joined Spurs: 26 July 2007
Height: 6'2" (Billy wears BIG boots!)
Weight (in gold): Hardly worth it...
Previous Clubs: (save you Googling it)
LeedsLeedsLeeds United, Watford (loan), Peterborough United (loan), Bristol City (loan), Sunderland (moan)
$quad number: N/A until Man U come calling!

....no of course not really!

Last edited:
“Danny is part of the team and we understand his frustrations. It has been six or seven months he has been out of the team with an injury,”said Lloris.

The French custodian also revealed that Rose has apologized to the club since the media briefing.

“The team is quiet about it. Danny made a mistake, he apologised and we move on. That’s it. The team was never affected by it as we were focused on our first Premier League game.”

Spurs opened their 2016/17 Premier League campaign by beating Newcastle 2-0 away from home.

“We know from outside if you start to listen, inside the squad, you can be affected but we stick together and must be focused and have the same ambition.

“We stayed calm. We are still in touch with Danny and there is no problem. If people from outside want to make trouble it does not affect us. We are a good squad, very clean with good minds and sometimes you can do mistakes.

“The thing is not to repeat them. The most important thing is that the leaders of this team are not affected and we are moving on and we showed it. The commitment inside the squad is great.”

I was fuming at Rose for his sun interview and quite rightly (at the time) gave him some shit about it on here.

However, I now feel bad about it, knowing what lay behind his actions. It doesn't make what he did right, of course it doesn't. But I wouldn't wish depression (having been a long time suffererer of it - ended up in hospital twice due to deliberately overdosing) on my worst enemy.

Whether or not he plays for us again is not important and I wish him the best of luck moving forwards.

The unfortunate thing for Danny is that because he runs off to his mates at The Sun every 5mins putting the boot in on Spurs, other clubs have seen this, and clearly thought that as good as he might be, they don't want that potential aggro and bad influence around.

He doubles down on this in the Amazon doc with his "I'm going to speak to Daniel" comment to Mourinho. What manager wants to sign some prick who says he's going to go over his head and speak to the chairman.

No one, thats who.

I literally PREDICTED THIS before the game. You all know absolutely NOTHING. As soon as I saw the team l LITERALLY fucking PREDICTED that ERIKSEN would score TWICE, yes, frikken TWO TIMES!! It was so OBVIOUS to ME. NONE of you watch except on SHITTY STREAMS and as for those CUNTS who go and watch GAMES, well l don't know why they even BOTHER, they're all WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too PISSED to even get to the GROUND. No, the only person who is qualified to talk about FOOTBALL FFS, is ME. I said before the game it would be 2-2, lolcat. It was so OBVIOUS. I even got all the goal scorers in the correct minutes. I mean l said this before the SEASON STARTED!!!!!!, l even PREDICTED what LEAGUE we'd be in wingydingz lolcat derp beastmode.

So there you have it - Rose isn't FIT to wear the SHIRT. He should be FORCED out of the club TOMORROW AT THE LATEST, or failing that, play him on the WING.

As usual I'll wait till AFTER the Liverpool game before l give my predictions for THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lolcat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND Joe Clash is a baby eating, racist, nazi peadophile GOONER CUNT, but all l talk about is FOOTBALL!!

LOLCAT WINGYDINGZ LOLCAT BEASTS DERPING MY FAN CLUB EEK A MOUSE SCARY LOLCATS HELP IT'S DARK
gibbs131

Last edited:
i think what Rose has said is a disgrace especially given the timing, but all the fans moaning about where is his loyalty cant really talk - I remember the way so many people reacted on twitter to him being given a new contract 3 years ago and that was just as disgraceful - cant expect him to be loyal when the fans are just a fickle
Frankly I don't consider people who attack our own players on Twitter to be real "fans". I think Rose has just massively mugged off the true fans with this shit.

"Before the Manchester City game I was having dinner with Erik Lamela and I was still asking him if he reckoned we can finish top four. I’ve never seen someone look at me with such disgust. He said ‘My friend, we can win the league’.

“I refuse to believe. I’d like to believe we can, but I don’t want to think that. I realise the position we are in, but I don’t want to get too carried away.”

Danny Rose in 2016

Yet apparently its the others are not good enough and the club lacks ambition

Our loyalty is to the Club, as we all know 99% of players and management will be off if they get what they regard as a better offer. Only the supporters stick with THFC through thick and thin. Therefore, I think we were well within our rights to be upset about the interview. Nevertheless, hope he gets himself sorted out for his own sake and that of his family.

D'you know what, Depression is a cunt

It does utterly stupid things to us, and totally fucks you up in some very very strange ways. I'm just on the flip side of my semi-regular battles, and the way I continually sabotage myself and convince myself of how noone thinks like me when I am utterly on the slide to the depths, but that my way of thinking is perfect rational, the rage I embody, the isolationism, the physical symptoms

And yet I am also someone who spent 4 years training to be a psychologist, and the son of two mental health professionals, so clearly I should have all the coping mechanisms....

You do the most irrational and random things. Small things. Big things. Thoughts occupy your head from 'I'm worried I'll drop my child over our bannister' every time I pick her up when in a depressive period to 'what would it feel like if I went headlong into that other car at 60mph'

And when you come out the other side, and your moods flatten to normality and you wonder why the fuck you thought that, why were you so angry.... You recognise the triggers, you avoid them

Then you forget what it was like when the black dog last visited you, time passes, and suddenly you notice that dog in the corner of the room again and you realise you have been in a shit mood for 6 months and the slide is already in full swing again

Sorry, a ramble. But while everyone's fight with clinical depression is unique, there are things that are the same, and trust me if Danny was depressed last summer, especially that deep into an injury, he would not have even processed how what he was doing was so self-sabotaging to himself and the regard others had in him.

So ill give him a pass on this, but if only because I do know what he goes through, although my dramas only get played out in front of my clients and family, and not the entire world
What a brutally honest, brave and brilliant post.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom