Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016
Many of our fans vastly over rate our players and Danny boy is in a long list of players that have been massively over rated over the years.
Good athlete at his best but no football brain he will probably retire or play out his career at a lower end premier league club.

I am sorry £1m was a steal for Rose. The freezing out of Rose by Mourinho was a disgrace.
I dont blame Mourinho for that at all.

Rose was unfit, out of form and hadnt been near form for a long time, short on contract and with a cunts attitude - made Mourinhos choice for him really.

Wasn't Watford the club Rose said wasn't good enough for him when we were looking to move him on and he overrated his worth?

Apparently joining Watford...

Honestly a bit surprised he didn't hang them up but if he can still cash checks I get it. He's really nowhere near PL standard anymore and I'll be shocked if he plays a significant role for them next season.
He has been very out of shape towards the end with us, his body looks completely different to how it was at the start of his career.

Honestly a bit surprised he didn't hang them up but if he can still cash checks I get it. He's really nowhere near PL standard anymore and I'll be shocked if he plays a significant role for them next season.
Not looking to start an argument over something you didn't say, so apologies in advance and this isn't really directed at you, but I can't help but look at last year's roster combined with your comment that "he's nowhere near PL standard" and think....

"But Ben Davies is?"

He was right about Mourinho, he deserved a place on the squad this (EDIT)... LAST year, and deserved to go out better than he did.

Last edited:
Not looking to start an argument over something you didn't say, so apologies in advance and this isn't really directed at you, but I can't help but look at last year's roster combined with your comment that "he's nowhere near PL standard" and think....

"But Ben Davies is?"

He was right about Mourinho, he deserved a place on the squad this year, and deserved to go out better than he did.
He hasn't played a competitive match in about a year and that was for Newcastle where he was absolutely awful and out of shape. He turns 31 next month.

Ben Davies is miles better than Rose at this point and if you think he deserved a place in the squad last season I'm not sure what to tell you.

Edit, as further evidence, here is what a Newcastle site said about him...

When signing older players who have had high end careers, two factors are essential when considering the deals. Are they physically up for the challenge? Do they still have the necessary desire?

On what we saw of Danny Rose for NUFC on loan, I have to say that it was an emphatic NO! His level of fitness and desire was so poor, especially when he claimed that he had always wanted to play for Newcastle United.

I saw somebody sauntering (literally walking at times) around the pitch for NUFC, not appearing to care about his level of fitness or having the real desire to help Newcastle in these final matches after the Premier League restarted and the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.

"But Ben Davies is?"

He was right about Mourinho, he deserved a place on the squad this year, and deserved to go out better than he did.

He does not deserve a spot in this squad, and unless we switch to 3 at the back and need CB depth neither does Ben Davies.

He can have been right about Jose and still not close to good enough. He created his own bed and then cried about it. That is all on him. He doesn't deserve to go out better than he did when he refused to go on transfers because he thought he was too big for the only clubs interested in him.

He does not deserve a spot in this squad, and unless we switch to 3 at the back and need CB depth neither does Ben Davies.

He can have been right about Jose and still not close to good enough. He created his own bed and then cried about it. That is all on him. He doesn't deserve to go out better than he did when he refused to go on transfers because he thought he was too big for the only clubs interested in him.
Again.

Last season. Not next season.

I'll never understand why supporters/fans give the club a pass for treating a business like a business, but then get upset with players for treating a business like a business.

This place has no loyalty for players they don't rate and want half the club sold, but they're supposed to be loyal to the club to a fault.

Why exactly? Why should they behave differently than the club, especially considering the fact the club will be around long after their careers are done.

That’s fair.

However, I think the club is as to blame for the destabilization as any paper.

they needed signings. everyone knew it. And they did nothing. That’s why we need a painful rebuild now, and that’s what rose and poch complained about. IMO anyway. There’s nobody “innocent” in all of this.
I would agree. I've been a supporter or at least not a detractor of Levy. But he's made some very poor decisions of late which have turned me off no end.

I still can't forgive Danny though.

Winks to follow I hope

There may well be an element of truth in that. But even if that is the case, I will never forgive him his antics.

And to rub salt into the wound, he has cost us another 6 or 7 million quid (wages and transfer fee) by thinking he was too good for Watford 2 years ago, only to crawl there now he realises that is actually his level.

I do understand the forcefulness of your aversion to ENIC/Levy, but do you seriously back Rose in his actions over the last 2 years?
How much did Poch cost us after he’d been sacked before he went to PSG?

Especially given the Club’s financial position with staff getting furloughed

Danny could have handled it better yes but he does have mental health issues
Poch doesn’t!

I'm not sure I understand the comparison?

Poch was sacked. Danny ran his mouth to a filth infested sewer publication then refused to be sold.

Both had a contract that had to be honoured. One had a choice in the way it played out. The other got fucked over.

Poch gave up
He didn’t get ‘fucked over’ at all
No one forced him to sign that new contract!
He knew Levy well enough by then but sign it he did

I never want him back at our club as he is a fraud but I wish Danny all the best

Why bring a Poch debate into this? This is about Rose. Poch was sacked and left the club, him costing us money was part of the contract.

Rose had chances to leave the club when he knew he wouldn't play and decided to stay with the reserves and youth team to waste our wages.

It was his right to do so because of his contract but as a fan it is still annoying he did it. He should have left to Watford two years ago.
To make a comparison about what Danny had cost the club with others who weren’t suffering from mental issues

I agree the Sun is a rag of the lowest order.

But if he'd have given the same interview to the Financial Times, Fox and Hound or Razzle the reaction on here would have been the same.

He questioned the clubs ambition. ENIC's ambition. And that was what people couldn't accept.
And now, he's off to Watford on a free.

Last edited:
I never understood the hate, everyone on this forum was saying the exact same thing. It must of been extremely difficult for Rose to see how close we were only for Levy to go cheap every time. Add to this him seeing Walker leave to success. At times Rose helped the team by showing the most fearless determination particularly in Europe. The timing and The Sun thing was his only mistake.

His refusing to go to clubs that he saw as beneath him but were the ones willing to buy him was as big a mistake as anything.

If he had left then I would have no I’ll will towards him but whining about not getting a chance and then refusing to go when given the chance? Boo fucking hoo for him.

Back
Top Bottom