Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

far superior player and best attitude at the club imo, wee terrier and those sprints down the wing and his service is top drawer.
I'll take a couple of silly fouls and a few yellow cards because he more than makes up for it.

After Lloris and now the CB pairing-first name on the teamsheet for me.

I think our best back 4 without a doubt is the 2 belgians, Rose and Walker.

Davies doesn't have the aggression or pace of Rose. People say Rose is better going forward and Davies defending, but it's clear Rose is better at both. Not that I don't like Davies, he's good for rotation/backup.
Trippier isn't bad but when we're playing against a Hazard/Depay/Sanchez I would much rather Walker be there, his physicality shuts wingers down.

Davies doesn't have the aggression or pace of Rose. People say Rose is better going forward and Davies defending, but it's clear Rose is better at both. Not that I don't like Davies, he's good for rotation/backup.
Trippier isn't bad but when we're playing against a Hazard/Depay/Sanchez I would much rather Walker be there, his physicality shuts wingers down.

Yep. Ben Davies > Rose is exactly the same kind of argument as the Trippier > Walker before Trip had even played a match for Spurs. Just doesn't make sense to me. At no point has Davies ever looked like a better LB than Danny since they've been playing for Spurs together.

Rose all day long proved it tonight only pearl in all the grit best full back at the club
Maybe its a personal preference? They are both capable in their own individual way. I just prefer Davies as he seems to assist in stabilising the back four/the team structure. For me the future is with Davies. He has more experience, especially playing in internationals so has come up against all types. We will see how good he really is in France 16.

Maybe its a personal preference? They are both capable in their own individual way. I just prefer Davies as he seems to assist in stabilising the back four/the team structure. For me the future is with Davies. He has more experience, especially playing in internationals so has come up against all types. We will see how good he really is in France 16.

Ever heard the crowd ring out Ben Davies name.

If I bumped into him Tescos I'd probably wouldn't recognise him. Rose is by leaps and bounds the best left back at the club

Getting himself back into nick. Along with Flamini, the only guy who you could say, on either team, had a good game.

His runs down the left are excellent and his positioning is improving.

Needs to get his game IQ up. With a little more nous, he could have won us a penalty yesterday.

Getting himself back into nick. Along with Flamini, the only guy who you could say, on either team, had a good game.

His runs down the left are excellent and his positioning is improving.

Needs to get his game IQ up. With a little more nous, he could have won us a penalty yesterday.

Thought Dier had a good game as well for us and I know I have said it before but Ox for them cunts is a top top player, I hate him when he plays against us.

Players that concerned me for us were Fazio and Vorm although Vorm more because Lloris is World Class not Vorm being shit. Townsend, Chadli, Trippier, Carroll didn't cover themselves in glory though.

Annoying thing is even in hindsight we were the better team. If it wasn't for a piece of magic that Flamini wouldnt do again in 100 attempts we all could have been really happy this morning.

Anyway let's do the FA cup this year, tired off us doing so badly in it. The realisation of us getting booted out of a cup we normally do well in means we have to aim high now in the FA cup and the EL for that matter. No excuses.

Can anyone actually explain to me just what it is they see in Davies that makes him better than Rose? A lot of people say he stabilizes the defense... how so? He's been consistently beaten by quicker wingers (hello, Mahrez) and therefore put a ton of pressure on Aldy/Verts.

If anything has stabilized our back 4, it's Aldy and Verts showing the kind of chemistry we always knew they'd have (when we were pursuing Aldy before Atletico got him) and Dier dropping deep to cover for our RB/LB's runs forward.

Rose is hands down the more talented player, especially in our system.

Can anyone actually explain to me just what it is they see in Davies that makes him better than Rose? A lot of people say he stabilizes the defense... how so? He's been consistently beaten by quicker wingers (hello, Mahrez) and therefore put a ton of pressure on Aldy/Verts.

If anything has stabilized our back 4, it's Aldy and Verts showing the kind of chemistry we always knew they'd have (when we were pursuing Aldy before Atletico got him) and Dier dropping deep to cover for our RB/LB's runs forward.

Rose is hands down the more talented player, especially in our system.
IMHO because Davies isn't that quick, has a professional attitude and doesn't have any stupid hair or flashy boots etc it just makes people think he's a "proper footballer".
I used to think Davies was better in the air but now I'm not so sure of that either, Rose has a great leap and Davies gets beaten for headers e.g. Vardy at Leceister?

I used to be in the "Davies is the classier more composed blah blah blah" camp, but it's utter bullshit: Rose has hugely improved his composure and decision making, but his power, pace and aggression are his real strengths that leave Davies - and most opponents - way beneath him. The man is genuinely becoming one of of our very top players.

The only way Davies is better than Rose is when Rose is out injured.

I don't see why Davies needs to be disrespected just because Rose had a good game.

Rose is blood and thunder but he was still wasteful as fuck in the final third, missed the target fom 8 yards out and gave stupid fouls in dangerous areas and his crossing is shocking.

What has Davies done recently to deserve so much shit apart from clean sheets and wins?

Last edited:
I don't see why Davies needs to be disrespected just because Rose had a good game.

Rose is blood and thunder but he was still wasteful as fuck in the final third, missed the target fom 8 yards out and gave stupid fouls in dangerous areas and his crossing is shocking.

What has Davies done recently to deserve so much shit apart from clean sheets and wins?

No one is disrespecting Davies. He's a fine player. It's a disrespect to Rose to suggest that Davies is in any way better, though. Spurs are clearly a more dynamic team on the left when Rose is in the game.

I thought the same. Rose has a good game and Davies gets blasted for it, despite being solid the previous two games in a team that kept clean sheets.

It's like we can only have one good full back and the fans must choose one favourite as opposed to supporting both. Funnily enough at Davies' age, Rose was dreadful.

Davies has been given a run in the side and I feel he has done an excellent job improving with each game. For me he is the future.
Because Rose was injured.
Saying things like "Davies is the future" Is just ridiculous. Its likely neither will still be here in 5 years time anyway. If you think Danny Rose isn't first choice at left back, you're fooling yourself. Rewatch last nights game and tell me Danny Rose wasn't one of the best players on the pitch. Davies is solid, acceptable. But he's had weaknesses. I'm sure i remember having a conversation on here when we signed him about how easily people go bast Davies. The problems still there.
Why are you so die hard davies anyway? Are you Welsh?

Back
Top Bottom